Windows 10: Re-activation windows 10 license after installing new hardware does not show new configuration

Discus and support Re-activation windows 10 license after installing new hardware does not show new configuration in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I have installed new hardware and reinstalled Windows 10. The activation troubleshooter brings me to the a screen that only shows me the old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SimonJonker1, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Re-activation windows 10 license after installing new hardware does not show new configuration

Hi,

I have installed new hardware and reinstalled Windows 10.

The activation troubleshooter brings me to the a screen that only shows me the old configuration.

However when I go online to my Microsoft account I see two PC's

The old one

and

The new one

In the screenshot, the left PC is the new one and the right is the old one the one that is shown in the activation troubleshooter

Re-activation windows 10 license after installing new hardware does not show new configuration db1074d6-8795-4661-a76f-ffadb36c004f?upload=true.png

How can I get the New One to appear in the list of devices that I can select as the current one ?

:)

SimonJonker1, Jan 15, 2020
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jan 15, 2020
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Jan 15, 2020
  4. Re-activation windows 10 license after installing new hardware does not show new configuration

New hardware upgrade, can’t activate Windows 10

It depends on how Windows 10 was originally configured on your computer.

If its a full retail store bought license online or offline, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a retail store bought Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is NOT transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

Learn more about transferring your license:

You will need to purchase a new full version license:

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support

Andre Da Costa, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

Re-activation windows 10 license after installing new hardware does not show new configuration

1. Re-activation windows 10 license after installing new hardware does not show new configuration - Similar Threads - activation license installing

2. Activation after installing new hardware.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation after installing new hardware.: so ive recently installed a new motherboard and now windows needs reactivating, ive done this a few times and its been fine. however this time the windows setting menu has decided its going to let me click the link for "troubleshooter" and change product key" but when i do...
  3. Activation after installing new hardware.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activation after installing new hardware.: so ive recently installed a new motherboard and now windows needs reactivating, ive done this a few times and its been fine. however this time the windows setting menu has decided its going to let me click the link for "troubleshooter" and change product key" but when i do...
  4. Activation after installing new hardware.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. New installation Windows 10 licensing and activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New installation Windows 10 licensing and activation: Hello, => I have windows 10 Pro genuine license key and Do I need to disable or remove Windows License Key if I have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC in 250GB SSD and I want to install in 1TB SSD? => If I need to disable or remove, tell me how the windows...
  6. Activation after installing new hardware not working

Activation after installing new hardware not working: I recently installed a new motherboard Asus TUF 550-PLUS and CPU Ryzen 9 3900 and all has been well up until now. The "activate windows" popup came up, and I went into settings to try activate it, since I've heard that after making large hardware changes, I might need to...
  7. Windows 10 Re-Activation on new hardware

Windows 10 Re-Activation on new hardware: Dear all, I was forced to change my motherboard and PSU today(Everything else is the same) as they were both damaged. Upon returning home I just noticed that it says I have to reactivate Windows. I got this pc with Windows 8.1 and when 10 was released I got the free...
  8. Can't re-activate windows 10 on new hardware

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't re-activate windows 10 on new hardware: I recently built a new PC from scratch (aside from keeping the same HDDs), and everything is the same as it was on the old hardware. Except, I can't seem to activate my license of Windows 10 again. This version of W10 that I had was a free upgrade from Windows 8. I have a...
  9. activation after new hardware

in Windows 10 Customization
    activation after new hardware: hi, i have a new computer and using my old ssd, i have a 2 different win keys from the older computer (one was on the system and i bought a win professional) i cant activate with them, and i have a new key on the other ssd which was in the new system. how can i get the...
  10. Windows 10 re-activation with new hardware

Windows 10 re-activation with new hardware: Hi, A question about upgrading to Windows 10. Before the free year expires, if I upgrade to Windows 10 from existing Windows 8 Retail on my current PC, upgrade it (new M/B, CPU etc) and then install existing Windows 8 Retail on the new setup, will I still be able to...