Windows 10: RE-Activeate WIN 10 w/out product key after boot drive switch

Discus and support RE-Activeate WIN 10 w/out product key after boot drive switch in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Bought Win 8 ~5 years ago on a CD. Activated it and all that on the pc I built. Upgraded to Win 10 during that period it was free. Changed boot drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KevinLew1, Jan 20, 2020.

1. KevinLew1 Win User

RE-Activeate WIN 10 w/out product key after boot drive switch

Bought Win 8 ~5 years ago on a CD. Activated it and all that on the pc I built. Upgraded to Win 10 during that period it was free. Changed boot drive from HDD to SSD about 3 years ago. Last week changed boot drive from SSD to M.2 SSD. Now windows says this is not a genuine version and wants me to reactivate. To do this, according to customer support I called, I need a product key. I bought windows 5 years ago so I do not have the blue envelope that has the product key on it. Customer support had me try to find it in cmd. Did not work. Anyone know how to fix this?

:)

KevinLew1, Jan 20, 2020

2. Activate windows 10 after re-installing (I have lost my product key)

I own a Lenovo T430 laptop. In 2017, I installed Windows 10 using my original Windows 7 product key. Unfortunately, I cannot find that product key anymore. I need to re-install windows 10. Will it be automatically activated after the installation, if I skip the step of asking the product key during the installation?

In my opinion, I believe that my laptop will have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers and this will not be a problem. Is that true?

If not, please suggest me a solution or a workaround.

Kushan Randima, Jan 20, 2020
  3. comnuts Win User
    Win 10 activation - no product key

Hi and thanks for reaching out! I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. Please allow me to assist with your issue.

I would suggest working with the solutions in this article:

https://support.microsoft.com/help/20530/

If you have activated Windows 10 with your Microsoft Account logged on prior to the hardware change, you should have a digital license. In that case, follow the steps under Reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware change > If you have a digital license, run the
    Activation troubleshooter.

If you didn't activate Windows 10 with your Microsoft Account logged on previously, you may use the Windows 7 license key to attempt activation. Follow the steps under Reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware change > If you don't have a digital license, enter
    your product key.

Please let me know if I can help you further!

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

comnuts, Jan 20, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

Active Media Products Debuts MotKey Key Shaped USB Drive

Active Media Products, manufacturer of SSDs and innovative USB drives, today announced the new MotKey key-shaped USB 2.0 drive. This key drive is available today in 4GB and 8GB capacities.

Styled after a car key, this key drive will blend in on any keyring while accommodating up to 8GB of data. "The MotKey is shock- and scratch-resistant, and will look cool on any keychain", commented Active Media Products' VP of Sales, Jerry Thomson. This product is compatible with Windows, Linux and OS X. It measures just 2.9 x 1.2 x 0.5 inches (73 x 30 x 13 mm). AMP includes a keyring and cord with the MotKey.

RE-Activeate WIN 10 w/out product key after boot drive switch 29b_thm.jpg

RE-Activeate WIN 10 w/out product key after boot drive switch 29c_thm.jpg

RE-Activeate WIN 10 w/out product key after boot drive switch 29d_thm.jpg

The 8GB model will hold up to 2400 six megapixel photos or up to 2000 MP3 songs. Both 4GB and 8GB MotKey USB drives are available now through Amazon worldwide starting at $14.95.

RE-Activeate WIN 10 w/out product key after boot drive switch 29a_thm.jpg

btarunr, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

1. RE-Activeate WIN 10 w/out product key after boot drive switch - Similar Threads - Activeate product key

2. Windows 7 Product Key cannot be activated after re-installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Product Key cannot be activated after re-installation: My MacBook Pro was down and I replaced the hard disk. I completed the re-installation of the Windows 7 Home Premium OEM version and the Bootcamp, only the Windows system was installed. Every thing is fine. However, I cannot activate the Windows using the Product Key. It...
  3. Windows 7 Product Key cannot be activated after re-installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 Product Key cannot be activated after re-installation: My MacBook Pro was down and I replaced the hard disk. I completed the re-installation of the Windows 7 Home Premium OEM version and the Bootcamp, only the Windows system was installed. Every thing is fine. However, I cannot activate the Windows using the Product Key. It...
  4. Win 10 activation after a re-install.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 activation after a re-install.: I needed to replace the HDD and Memory of a desktop Dell computer.I know that the license of the WIN 7 Pro now WIN 10 is embedded in the machine. Why is it that when the OS was reinstalled, the license did not get activated automatically. I tried to enter the license through...
  5. Win 10 activation after a re-install.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 activation after a re-install.: I needed to replace the HDD and Memory of a desktop Dell computer.I know that the license of the WIN 7 Pro now WIN 10 is embedded in the machine. Why is it that when the OS was reinstalled, the license did not get activated automatically. I tried to enter the license through...
  6. Win 10 activation after a re-install.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Win 10 Pro Activation Product Key

Win 10 Pro Activation Product Key: I did the Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate. Installation went well. However, I wanted to not be under a digital license, so I bought a Windows 10 Pro License from Amazon. Using the product key from Amazon gives me an error stating I should buy a real copy of...
  8. Win 10 activation - no product key

Win 10 activation - no product key: Trying to activate win10 after M'board change but it won't work as it cannot find product key; I took the free upgrade from Win7 to Win10 so don't have a key - how can I Activate Windows? Thanks!...
  9. win 10 free re-activation after hard drive replacement?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    win 10 free re-activation after hard drive replacement?: Old Acer Vista PC. Upgraded with OEM Win 7 Pro, then with free Win 10 Pro. Hard drive errors. Had to clean re-install. It automatically re-activated. Still get hard drive warnings like it will crash any moment. 1. If I change hard drive, will it still automatically...
  10. Re-Activating Win 10 Product Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re-Activating Win 10 Product Key: Hello... Yes my Question is... Recently I had to change my Main/Mother Board... after hooking up & reconnecting everything... loading new board drivers etc... windows then said my Product key was no good along with i would need to reactivate it... So I went to settings......