Windows 10: re-Add 2nd account name

Discus and support re-Add 2nd account name in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I know this is insanely easy, but I suffer from Oldztimerz accompanied by Techno-Ineptitude. Recently had factory replace battery, which deleted some... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by TexasIndian, Jan 24, 2019.

1. re-Add 2nd account name

I know this is insanely easy, but I suffer from Oldztimerz accompanied by Techno-Ineptitude.

Recently had factory replace battery, which deleted some things I needed to re-install;

what I can't remember for the life of me is how to add MY name as 2nd 'sign-in' option.

When signing-in, my wife's name was atop mine...so 'my account' would have my individual

info/settings/mail/etc. I've gone to Settings>Accounts>Family & Other Users>Add...., but

whichever option I try, it adds my e-mail address as the 'sign-in/name' option. Just want

to be told (please feel free to speak '3rd grade' or 'ole bazzerd') how to add my NAME.

Thank you

:)

TexasIndian, Jan 24, 2019
Thema:

re-Add 2nd account name

1. re-Add 2nd account name - Similar Threads - Add 2nd account

2. Unable to re-use account name of an account that has been deleted (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to re-use account name of an account that has been deleted (Windows 10): My son created an account on the family computer as a Microsoft Account, he then realised that he only wanted a Local Account on this particular computer. He therefore deleted the Microsoft Account he had just created and tried creating just a Local Account using the same...
  3. Re-naming Notepad Documents

Re-naming Notepad Documents: I recently read a 2016 post seeking information on renaming a Windows Notepad text document. The procedure is simple and straight forward. Locate the file in your 'documents' folder (or wherever you've saved it.) Right-click on the document (do not open it) then scroll...
  4. account name

account name: i need help changing the display name thing from when you open your laptop to put your password in. i can't find a way to change it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-name/b0a470b4-e86e-44d9-ac97-b2db90704893
  5. Re naming

in Windows 10 Support
    Re naming: [img] I'm trying to rename this file but it won't let me. I close everything out and it still won't let me rename the file. In Windows 7 I never had this problem? 123064
  6. Re-Naming your computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Re-Naming your computer: Just wanted to let everyone know not to spend any time on my last request. Most of you probably already knew how to change the computer name. I found it by going through all of the settings. To change the name of the computer, you go to "Projecting to this PC" in settings....
  7. Account name user name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Account name user name: You don't want to remove the account since it is your only one. Are you able to "Edit name" of your account online like below to change it to what you wanted instead? Change User Name of Account in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials [img]
  8. Names of accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Names of accounts: Only user of computer so I am Local Account Administrator. Do I just create another account to set my account to Standard? Can I use same names for the Standard and Administrator accounts? 61766
  9. Need help to re-add my Playback Device named "Headphones"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help to re-add my Playback Device named "Headphones": Someone please tell me how to add back my Playback device Bluetooth named "headphones" I just purchased a new Song Headphone MDR-ZX770BT and it is working fine via Bluetooth as I am now using them as , control panel, sound, playback, device, "headset" Today I made a...
  10. Account name

in Windows 10 Support
    Account name: When I installed 10240 on VirtualBox they named my user folder as "swarf" despite my account name being "". I'd like to know what triggered this shortening and what I can do to prevent it. 8793