Windows 10: re-Add 2nd account name

Discus and support re-Add 2nd account name in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I know this is insanely easy, but I suffer from Oldztimerz accompanied by Techno-Ineptitude. Recently had factory replace battery, which deleted some... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by TexasIndian, Jan 24, 2019.

1. re-Add 2nd account name

I know this is insanely easy, but I suffer from Oldztimerz accompanied by Techno-Ineptitude.

Recently had factory replace battery, which deleted some things I needed to re-install;

what I can't remember for the life of me is how to add MY name as 2nd 'sign-in' option.

When signing-in, my wife's name was atop mine...so 'my account' would have my individual

info/settings/mail/etc. I've gone to Settings>Accounts>Family & Other Users>Add...., but

whichever option I try, it adds my e-mail address as the 'sign-in/name' option. Just want

to be told (please feel free to speak '3rd grade' or 'ole bazzerd') how to add my NAME.

Thank you

:)

TexasIndian, Jan 24, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Dec 16, 2019
  3. Query about changing the account name

Hi Stephanie,

Since you have already changed the name on your Microsoft account, we suggest switching into a local account, and then log back in with your Microsoft account. This way, we can be sure that any changes made to your Microsoft account will be synced to your
    local user account.

For steps on how to switch to a local account:

• Click on Start.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Under Your account, click on Switch to a local account.

To switch back to a Microsoft account:

• Follow steps 1-3 above to get to Accounts.
    • Under Your account, click on Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.

If the issue persists, please do not hesitate to get back to us.

Patricia Yu, Dec 16, 2019
  4. re-Add 2nd account name

It appears that I have a 2nd user account why?

It's actually not a user account but if you go to the 'Users' folder, there are 2 folders listed, one for me (Bob), and a 2nd (a 5 character name). The 2nd folder contains many of my files. I did not create the 2nd user folder.

BobBozzone, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

re-Add 2nd account name

1. re-Add 2nd account name - Similar Threads - Add 2nd account

2. Re-named Music Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Re-named Music Files: Up until this afternoon, my Music Files only had the artist & song title in Alphabetical order but after trying to stop Windows Office from opening Word & Excel Files, as I have purchased Office 365, I deleted Windows Office which I believe had an affect on then, not being...
  3. Re-named Music Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-named Music Files: Up until this afternoon, my Music Files only had the artist & song title in Alphabetical order but after trying to stop Windows Office from opening Word & Excel Files, as I have purchased Office 365, I deleted Windows Office which I believe had an affect on then, not being...
  4. Remove Work/school account and re-add it

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove Work/school account and re-add it: I need to remove my work/school account and then re-add it. How do i go about doing that Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-workschool-account-and-re-add-it/2878a448-a07c-4b6e-b985-4e88f7c10cca
  5. Add 2nd "face" for login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Add 2nd "face" for login: Hello, I just got a Surface Pro 7 and have set up face recognition. It works well, except that it doesn't recognize me when I have my reading glasses on yep, I'm old. Is there a way to set up myself as a "2nd face" with my glasses on?...
  6. Re-add Lock Screen Account select Image

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Re-add Lock Screen Account select Image: Windows 10 Version 2004 (also occurred on version 1909) How can I re-add the default lock screen user account select image to my profile (not the image above the username and password field). The picture below (not my PC) is an example of what I'm referring to. The...
  7. Re-Name Multiple Folders To Same Name.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Re-Name Multiple Folders To Same Name.: How Do I Re-Name Multiple Folders To Same Name? I Have about 2,000 folders all different names, want to put all their contents into a Single Folder. So if I rename all the folders to the same name, that should do it....
  8. Windows 10 Mail adds "RE: RE: RE:" on replies

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail adds "RE: RE: RE:" on replies: The Windows 10 Mail app is adding "RE:" to every message I reply to in the same email thread. Email subject lines have "RE: RE: RE: RE:" and so on unless I delete the new "RE:" each time. How can I fix this? This does not happen when I use the gmail website....
  9. Re naming

in Windows 10 Support
    Re naming: [img] I'm trying to rename this file but it won't let me. I close everything out and it still won't let me rename the file. In Windows 7 I never had this problem? 123064
  10. Need help to re-add my Playback Device named "Headphones"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help to re-add my Playback Device named "Headphones": Someone please tell me how to add back my Playback device Bluetooth named "headphones" I just purchased a new Song Headphone MDR-ZX770BT and it is working fine via Bluetooth as I am now using them as , control panel, sound, playback, device, "headset" Today I made a...