Windows 10: Re allocating GPU Memory without having to go into bios

Discus and support Re allocating GPU Memory without having to go into bios in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I own a Asus Vivobook laptop and I was wondering if I could re allocate my GPUs memory without going into bios since my bios doesnt have a GPU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Justin Sinchawla, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Re allocating GPU Memory without having to go into bios

So I own a Asus Vivobook laptop and I was wondering if I could re allocate my GPUs memory without going into bios since my bios doesnt have a GPU configuring I cant re allocate it and its quite inconvient since I need more Dedicated GPU Memory and need less of Shared GPU memory since im more into gaming and yea can anyone help me please

:)

Justin Sinchawla, Feb 27, 2020

2. How to get more dedicated GPU memory

Hi LA117

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

Some manufacturers let you adjust the amount of memory you can allocate to the GPU from within the BIOS.

You will load your BIOS then look in the Advanced or Chipset area of the BIOS and look for Shared Memory.

Keep in mind, the amount you allocate can adversely affect the stability of your system.

Andre for Directly, Feb 27, 2020
  3. too much shared memory with the gpu

This means such allocation is an upper limit and allocation itself may be made by demand. In you case there is no such demand and additional memory for GPU is not allocated in fact at this moment.

Igor Leyko, Feb 27, 2020
  4. Re allocating GPU Memory without having to go into bios

ALLOCATE System Memory For Video

Is this a Laptop or Desktop and what Make / Model / Service Tag?

What is the Total Memory in it ?

If its a Desktop with Integrated Graphics you may be able to allocate more memory to it within the BIOS.

If its a Desktop with a Accessory Dedicated Graphics Card added into it you should not have to.

Frank N St31n, Feb 27, 2020
Thema:

Re allocating GPU Memory without having to go into bios

1. Re allocating GPU Memory without having to go into bios - Similar Threads - allocating GPU Memory

2. Windows memory allocation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows memory allocation: I have dell inspiron 15 , Ryzen 5 7000 series laptop. I am using windows 11.after installed Ubuntu 22.04, the memory allocation got reduced to 2GB usable out 8GB for Windows 11 .Kindly assist. As the windows 11 is getting many crashing errors and got the system slower....
  3. Windows memory allocation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows memory allocation: I have dell inspiron 15 , Ryzen 5 7000 series laptop. I am using windows 11.after installed Ubuntu 22.04, the memory allocation got reduced to 2GB usable out 8GB for Windows 11 .Kindly assist. As the windows 11 is getting many crashing errors and got the system slower....
  4. I want to reduce the number of ram allocated to my gpu as shared gpu memory

I want to reduce the number of ram allocated to my gpu as shared gpu memory: My laptop has a 8gb ram , where as it is 1.1 gb is used as shared memory to my gpu . how can I reduce it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-reduce-the-number-of-ram-allocated-to-my/195bb244-c846-4c7f-9e6a-f11df4110ded
  5. I want to reduce the number of ram allocated to my gpu as shared gpu memory

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want to reduce the number of ram allocated to my gpu as shared gpu memory: My laptop has a 8gb ram , where as it is 1.1 gb is used as shared memory to my gpu . how can I reduce it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-reduce-the-number-of-ram-allocated-to-my/195bb244-c846-4c7f-9e6a-f11df4110ded
  6. I want to reduce the number of ram allocated to my gpu as shared gpu memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. GPU allocation Bunged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU allocation Bunged: Updated successfully to Windows 11. But having issues with the computer automatically allocating GPU for certain applications. On a reboot the problem is not present, but after like an hour of use when I try to open epic games launcher it crashes giving the error that GPU...
  8. GPU allocation Bunged

GPU allocation Bunged: Updated successfully to Windows 11. But having issues with the computer automatically allocating GPU for certain applications. On a reboot the problem is not present, but after like an hour of use when I try to open epic games launcher it crashes giving the error that GPU...
  9. Slow memory allocation on Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow memory allocation on Windows: Hi, I have implemented a program and found out that the performance of allocation a lot of memory is severely limited on Windows. Allocating and reusing a single chunk of memory (10 MB) is actually fast, but initializing a lot of new memory (30 GB) is very slow and...
  10. Having issues with BIOS & GPU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Having issues with BIOS & GPU: Motherboard Maximus Viii Formula Everytime i enter the UEFI BIOS and set my primary display as PCIE and save and exit when i go back into the bios the saved settings on primary display revert back to auto Asus M8F - YouTube 73569