Windows 10: Re-Appearing Folders And Documents After Supposedly Deleting Them !

Discus and support Re-Appearing Folders And Documents After Supposedly Deleting Them ! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Here's one I have never run across before. New user to W10 on a new Dell 8900. All seems fine, but... I have a bunch of Folders,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Robert11, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Robert11 Win User

Re-Appearing Folders And Documents After Supposedly Deleting Them !

Hello,

Here's one I have never run across before.
    New user to W10 on a new Dell 8900.
    All seems fine, but...

I have a bunch of Folders, documents and shortcuts that I tried to Delete.
    Put them all in the Recycle Bin.

No longer on Desktop.
    Emptied the Recycle Bin.
    All gone from Recycle Bin; Recycle Bin is totally clean. So is Desktop.

But after a few hours, they all reappear on Desktop !!

What is happening, please ?
    How can I delete them "permanently" ?

Never saw anything like this before.

As always, thanks for help,
    Bob

:)

Robert11, Nov 29, 2015

2. Temp folders

I would delete the lot, then check under what circumstances the re-appear (if they do).

Frederik Long, Nov 29, 2015
  3. Mysterious folders in my Documents folder

Folders I don't recognize keep showing up in my documents folder. After I delete the folder a different one appears. The folders contain various file types that make no sense.

Kstevensmd, Nov 29, 2015
  4. philc43 Win User

There are examples of this happening to other users - just google: folders and documents reappearing after deleting them

It might help if you told us what type of folder & files they are and also if it has anything to do with OneDrive.

Cheers,
    Phil

philc43, Nov 29, 2015
  5. Robert11 Win User
    Hi Phil,

Thanks for help; much appreciated.

No idea even what One Drive is

The Folders that re-appear, surprisingly, are empty.
    Also some Notepad Files (has gibberish in it)
    Also some: SET File (.set) Filter.set
    Also some History Files .history

In addition to what might be causing it, andy way of permanently deleting them ?

Thanks again,
    Bob
    ---------------------------------------------

Robert11, Nov 29, 2015
  6. philc43 Win User
    I mentioned OneDrive because it is Microsoft's Cloud storage and W10 has integrated it into the operating system. If you log in with a Microsoft Account it can sync all your settings and you can even choose to have your files stored in the cloud. It is just possible that certain files can get recreated especially if they are not deleted on the cloud or if you work on two computers with the same Microsoft account login. I'm going to suggest this might be a reason for the odd behaviour but if you do not use OneDrive we have to look for a different explanation.

Here are two tutorials explaining more about it and will show you where to check on your settings.

Turn Sync On or Off

Selecting folders for Syncing

philc43, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Re-Appearing Folders And Documents After Supposedly Deleting Them ! - Similar Threads - Appearing Folders Documents

2. deleted document folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    deleted document folder: i accidentally deleted the documents folder from the windows registry editor Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders and now almost nothing saves, can anyone help me fine a way to recover it or make a new one?...
  3. deleted document folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    deleted document folder: i accidentally deleted the documents folder from the windows registry editor Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders and now almost nothing saves, can anyone help me fine a way to recover it or make a new one?...
  4. Folder Tree Has Disappeared After Re-Locating the "Documents" Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Tree Has Disappeared After Re-Locating the "Documents" Folder: Windows 10 File ExplorerMy virtual folder "Documents" was pointing at "C:\Tony" which contained most of my useful documents.I was experimenting and changed the location of the "Documents" foilder tp "C:\Users\Tony". I did not tell windows to copy all the files and folders...
  5. Folder Tree Has Disappeared After Re-Locating the "Documents" Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder Tree Has Disappeared After Re-Locating the "Documents" Folder: Windows 10 File ExplorerMy virtual folder "Documents" was pointing at "C:\Tony" which contained most of my useful documents.I was experimenting and changed the location of the "Documents" foilder tp "C:\Users\Tony". I did not tell windows to copy all the files and folders...
  6. Folder Tree Has Disappeared After Re-Locating the "Documents" Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Documents deleted from Documents folder

Documents deleted from Documents folder: Twice my documents have been deleted from the Documents folder. Why? Stop it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/documents-deleted-from-documents-folder/e4820f99-d6b3-4c03-855b-d996b67cb146
  8. documents folder appeared in pictures folder

documents folder appeared in pictures folder: a copy of the documents folder is in my pictures folder and I cant remove it. I have tried deleting it, I tried Properties>Choose the Location tab> click on restore default, and nothing I do can get it out of pictures. any ideas? [ATTACH]...
  9. Folder keeps appearing after deletion

Folder keeps appearing after deletion: Hello, I've a question regarding to an folder i deleted several times but keeps appearing after i start up my device. what can i do to permantly delete this? thank you [ATTACH]...
  10. Folder in OneDrive re-appears after delete

Folder in OneDrive re-appears after delete: Hello In my Win10 OneDrive folder I have a subfolder. I am trying to delete that subfolder. After I choose "delete" ….the folder re-appears after about 15 seconds. What am I doing wrong? Many thanks, Jim...