Windows 10: Re-assigning a Windows 10 Pro key is not working

Discus and support Re-assigning a Windows 10 Pro key is not working in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am replacing a workstation with a Surface Pro. The workstation is running Windows 10 Pro, the Surface has Windows 10 Home. I removed the Pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Robert Lewis (rlewis), Jun 26, 2019.

1. Re-assigning a Windows 10 Pro key is not working

I am replacing a workstation with a Surface Pro. The workstation is running Windows 10 Pro, the Surface has Windows 10 Home.

I removed the Pro product key from the workstation and applied it to the Surface. I get a message that indicates the activation was successful, however, it does not update to the Pro edition. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

:)

Robert Lewis (rlewis), Jun 26, 2019

2. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Jun 26, 2019
  3. Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Jun 26, 2019
  4. Kursah Win User

Re-assigning a Windows 10 Pro key is not working

windows 10 key

I just did a deployment last night with a fresh 10 install using the newest ISO and a 7 Pro key, worked like a charm. Glad yours worked for you as well. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

Re-assigning a Windows 10 Pro key is not working

1. Re-assigning a Windows 10 Pro key is not working - Similar Threads - assigning Pro key

2. Keyboard Keys Re-assignment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Keys Re-assignment: How do I re-assign keyboard keys in settings? None of the keyboard menus answer this question. The keys I want to re-assign are the @ key and " key, which are currently swapped, and the hash key, which produces a £ sign....
  3. Keyboard Keys Re-assignment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Keys Re-assignment: How do I re-assign keyboard keys in settings? None of the keyboard menus answer this question. The keys I want to re-assign are the @ key and " key, which are currently swapped, and the hash key, which produces a £ sign....
  4. windows 10 pro key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 pro key not working: hey i just bought a new laptop with no OS , i downloaded windows 10 using a usb drive and bought a windows 10 pro key , problem is when i enter the key to upgrade to windows 10 pro it doesnt work....
  5. windows 10 pro key not working

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 pro key not working: hey i just bought a new laptop with no OS , i downloaded windows 10 using a usb drive and bought a windows 10 pro key , problem is when i enter the key to upgrade to windows 10 pro it doesnt work....
  6. Brightness Key Re-assigning [TL;DR at the end]

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brightness Key Re-assigning [TL;DR at the end]: Using SharpKey (a free piece of software that edits the registry of windows or something to change key input) I changed some of the keys on my external keyboard, which I am planning to use for my laptop. I have been getting rid of some keys I don’t use, for example PGUP, and...
  7. Windows Re-assigning Drive Letters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Re-assigning Drive Letters: I upgraded to Build 1903, and I have 4 backup drives. Windows decided that they should no longer have the letter assignments they have always had, and there are sync'ing issues as a result. Is this a known bug with 1903? I can change everything to reflect the new letters...
  8. Windows 10 Pro key not working

Windows 10 Pro key not working: So I just built my PC and I bought a Windows 10 Pro key off ebay (pretty sure it was legit, dude had like 500 reviews and more than 4.5 stars) and every time I try to enter it in it says that this key has been already used on another PC. Any help? I've contacted the seller...
  9. Windows 10 Pro Key is not working

Windows 10 Pro Key is not working: Hi I purchased my laptop (Dell XPS 15 9550) and it came with windows license key for Windows 10 Pro as OEM. I had to reinstall my windows few days before but it is not accepting windows key any more. Rather windows is activated as home edition using OEM key. May you...
  10. Logitech Key Assignment Not Working (UAC is ON)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logitech Key Assignment Not Working (UAC is ON): Hi... Just updated my OS from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Am currently testing our applications before we upgrade the rest of our PCs to Windows. One of my concern with Windows 10 is the Mail client won't run unless the User Account Control is turned on. When I turn this...