Windows 10: Re: Authenticated Users

Discus and support Re: Authenticated Users in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I accidentally deleted the "Authenticated Users" from my PC. [ATTACH] How can a get it back? Regards, Kyle... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KyleOliver33, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Re: Authenticated Users

Hi,

I accidentally deleted the "Authenticated Users" from my PC.

Re: Authenticated Users a89bacb7-124a-43a4-a4c3-58f02b7fcd5e?upload=true.png

How can a get it back?

Regards,

Kyle

:)

KyleOliver33, Apr 15, 2020
  2. Zaki_j Win User

Microsoft Authenticator

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to how the Microsoft Authenticator App works.

The Microsoft Authenticator app helps you sign-in to your accounts if you use two-factor verification. Two-factor verification helps you to access your accounts more securely, especially while viewing
    sensitive information. Because passwords can be forgotten, stolen, or compromised, two-factor verification is an additional security step that helps protect your account by making it harder for other people to break in.

You can use the Microsoft Authenticator app in multiple ways, including:

• Respond to a prompt for authentication after you sign in with your username and password.
    • Sign-in without entering a password, using your username, the authenticator app, and your mobile device with your fingerprint, face, or PIN.
    • As a code generator for any other accounts that support authenticator apps.

I suggest you refer to the article for more information on
    What is the Microsoft Authenticator app?and you may also
    refer to the article about Microsoft Authenticator app FAQ

However, let me point you in the right direction where you can get the appropriate assistance regarding this issue. I suggest you to post your query in
    Microsoft Authenticator App forums
    where we have expertise and support professionals.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Zaki

Zaki_j, Apr 15, 2020
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Apr 15, 2020
  4. JCee95 Win User

Re: Authenticated Users

What is Authenticated User under security tab?

Hello everyone,

I have some issues with Windows 10 accounts.

I have only one account, admin one which is "JC"

whenever I go to E drive> properties> security, I see "Authenticated User" on top of my account lists.

I saw other people's windows 10 and they only have SYSTEM, USERNAME(USERNAME-PC\USERNAME), homeusers(USERNAME-PC\users), administrators (USERNAME-PC\administrators).

Why do I have this "Authenticated User" listed in my list? and it seems like although I logged into Admin account "JC" whenever I go to security "Authenticated user" is the first thing on the list (seems like it's recognising my as authenticated user
    not ADMIN)

I'm so frustrated with this because I can't play some games as it won't write save files onto my E Drive.

I'm guessing that because I did not give full control to "authenticated user" (which everyone tells me not to do due to security risk), I can't write on disks. BUT I AM LOGGED IN AS ADMIN ACCOUNT GAH!! I don't get this at all.

PLEASE HELP ME. SO FAR NO-ONE KNOWS WHAT IS GOING ON

JCee95, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

Re: Authenticated Users

1. Re: Authenticated Users - Similar Threads - Authenticated Users

2. One of our professionnal user does not receive code on its authenticator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One of our professionnal user does not receive code on its authenticator: Hello,We are facing an issue with one of our professional user, he does not receive the code push on its authenticator app on his phone when trying to log in on his microsoft account.We tried with another microsoft account on his authenticator app and it is working.It seems...
  3. One of our professionnal user does not receive code on its authenticator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One of our professionnal user does not receive code on its authenticator: Hello,We are facing an issue with one of our professional user, he does not receive the code push on its authenticator app on his phone when trying to log in on his microsoft account.We tried with another microsoft account on his authenticator app and it is working.It seems...
  4. [Windows 10 - Authentication screen] clean or change user

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    [Windows 10 - Authentication screen] clean or change user: Hi I’m workin in this last months on Windows and behaviors around the user authentication. However to accomplish the main task I have i need according to some conditions to clean the user password or change the user to another one on the list available in the welcome screen....
  5. [Windows 10 - Authentication screen] clean or change user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Windows 10 - Authentication screen] clean or change user: Hi I’m workin in this last months on Windows and behaviors around the user authentication. However to accomplish the main task I have i need according to some conditions to clean the user password or change the user to another one on the list available in the welcome screen....
  6. [Windows 10 - Authentication screen] clean or change user

7. What if I remove the write permissions for authenticated users for client CMG certificate?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What if I remove the write permissions for authenticated users for client CMG certificate?: Hello Guys,Ad CS vulnerabilities.IntuneClientCertificate -> ESC1:"Domain Users" can enroll with the CA and specify the "Subject Alternative Name". Therefore, a user can request a client authenticate certificate, specifying a DA as the SAN, and have a certificate to...
  8. What if I remove the write permissions for authenticated users for client CMG certificate?

What if I remove the write permissions for authenticated users for client CMG certificate?: Hello Guys,Ad CS vulnerabilities.IntuneClientCertificate -> ESC1:"Domain Users" can enroll with the CA and specify the "Subject Alternative Name". Therefore, a user can request a client authenticate certificate, specifying a DA as the SAN, and have a certificate to...
  9. 802.1x windows 10/11 user authentication not working computer auth/machine auth works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    802.1x windows 10/11 user authentication not working computer auth/machine auth works: This is a very strange issue as i have done many dot1ximplementation in past jobs and not seen anything like this. We have windows 10 and 11 machine that are Azure AD joined and trying to use wired cisco with dot1x. Not sure if there is some GPO setting or something that is...
  10. 802.1x windows 10/11 user authentication not working computer auth/machine auth works

802.1x windows 10/11 user authentication not working computer auth/machine auth works: This is a very strange issue as i have done many dot1ximplementation in past jobs and not seen anything like this. We have windows 10 and 11 machine that are Azure AD joined and trying to use wired cisco with dot1x. Not sure if there is some GPO setting or something that is...