Windows 10: Re-authenticating Windows 10 after hardware change

Discus and support Re-authenticating Windows 10 after hardware change in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I've recently changed my computer's hardware (motherboard, CPU, more or less the whole thing apart from my storage drives) and have trouble having my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Keun-Hyuk Lim, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Re-authenticating Windows 10 after hardware change

I've recently changed my computer's hardware (motherboard, CPU, more or less the whole thing apart from my storage drives) and have trouble having my Windows 10 authenticated. My Windows 10 is an upgrade from Windows 7 and I do not have a product key (I do have my old Windows 7 key, but I don't think that's going to be of any use). I've tried to authenticate the OS using the guides available on MS support to no avail, it keeps telling me it cannot use the MS server and that I should wait a few minutes or add a different Microsoft account.

Hope someone can help me, thanks.

:)

Keun-Hyuk Lim, Jun 4, 2019
  2. VIC
    Vic Win User

Windows 7 virtual wifi authentication mode

Hello.

Just a quick question to whoever is using windows 7 virtual wifi capability - when you type in "netsh wlan show hostednetwork", cmd window displays a list of settings for your hosted virtual wifi.

I was wondering, is there a way to change authentication method from WPA2-Personal to simple WEP ?

Cheers.

3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 4, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Re-authenticating Windows 10 after hardware change

Unable to activate Windows after hardware change

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Usually the error code 0xC004F213 comes when there is a hardware change done on the computer (like Motherboard or Hard drive). The Windows license is associated with the device hardware. If there is any significant hardware changes, such as replacing
    motherboard or hard drive, Windows won’t be able to recognize the license.

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps from the article
    Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change
    and see if Windows gets activated.

If you are using an OEM computer that came with Windows 7, and the motherboard has not been changed, then you can follow the steps to retrieve the product key that came with your OEM computer. To retrieve the product key follow the steps mentioned
    below:

1. Type Command prompt in the search bar, that is on the taskbar.
    2. Right click on Command prompt icon and select Run as administrator.
    3. Type the command and press on Enter: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
    4. You will find the product key.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

Re-authenticating Windows 10 after hardware change

1. Re-authenticating Windows 10 after hardware change - Similar Threads - authenticating hardware change

2. Re activating Windows 10 after hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Re activating Windows 10 after hardware change: I once upgraded to a new PC and was able to successfully move my windows 10 license from the old PC to the new one So I believe I have already linked my license to my Microsoft account. Unfortunately that PC died last week so I purchased a new one and I want to use the same...
  3. Re activating windows 10 after hardware change

Re activating windows 10 after hardware change: So I recently purchased a new motherboard, cpu & ram from some nice black Friday deals. Was a bit worried installing them would cause trouble since it was a while ago I changed my hardware but it was like riding a bike, sure a bit nervous but it all worked out fine. Out of...
  4. Windows 10 re-activation after a hardware change

Windows 10 re-activation after a hardware change: I've changed a hardware recently and I can't re-activate a Windows 10 that I've received for free on my new configuration with the following message: We can’t activate your copy of Windows as the digital license for this device has already been used to reactivate Windows....
  5. Re-activating Windows 10 after hardware change

Re-activating Windows 10 after hardware change: I have replaced the motherboard in my PC. The previous m/b failed, so I could not retrieve my product key before making the change. Now I cannot reactivate. My copy of Windows 10 was a free upgrade from Windows 7 Home Premium, and I don't recall ever receiving a key during...
  6. Re-activate windows 10 after hardware change

Re-activate windows 10 after hardware change: I just changed motherboard+cpu of my desktop so my windows needs a re-activation. Here's the problem. When I first used the troubleshoot, it said something like 'couldn't connect to server, try later blabla' Then I thought maybe I have to try something I else, so I...
  7. Windows 10 Re-activation after a hardware change

Windows 10 Re-activation after a hardware change: I have Windows 7 Professional purchased with 32 bit option. Now I changed hardware like hard disk and motherboard and performed a clean windows 10 Pro installation. On Activation with the Win 7 Pro license key of above said, it is showing Error Code: 0xc004f050, Description:...
  8. Re-Activating Windows 10 after hardware change

Re-Activating Windows 10 after hardware change: I recently upgraded some of my hardware components on my PC, including my motherboard. Now Windows is saying I need to reactive. I've ran both troubleshooters and both give me errors. This is not the first time I've upgraded motherboards on this PC. I don't have a product...
  9. Windows 10 not re activating after change of hardware

Windows 10 not re activating after change of hardware: I need help, i have just changed cpu , mobo . Last time i did this i ran into a little bit of trouble but i managed to solve it. I have tried the trouble shoot but its not worked any sugestions?...
  10. Windows 10 re-activation after hardware change

Windows 10 re-activation after hardware change: Hello there So I recently bought a new computer setup with all parts bought separate a few weeks ago. However when all the parts arrived there was a fault on motherboard that I couldn't fix. I did try to setup of the software (windows 10 installation and the like to get...