Windows 10: RE : build 16299.98 .....Wonder if others can confirm what I noticed.

Discus and support RE : build 16299.98 .....Wonder if others can confirm what I noticed. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In the previous build we encountered 2 issues described below : 1. Login twice before can access to computer 2. on a restart Fall Creators Update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by davidhk, Nov 30, 2017.

1. davidhk Win User

RE : build 16299.98 .....Wonder if others can confirm what I noticed.

davidhk, Nov 30, 2017
  2. Dan-0_M Win User

I cannot rename files and folders within certain folders

Hi YorkWilson,

Yes, I can confirm that it has been fixed with the recent Cumulative Update (version 1709, OS build 16299.98)! Thanks Microsoft.

Cheers.

Dan-0_M, Nov 30, 2017
  3. neilpzz Win User
    Windows Hello - Alienware 17 R4

I don't know if MS are working on this issue. The users here are mainly the same as yourself, just trying to help other users. (we are not MS employees)

I notice the OS version is shown as 16299.0, the latest is 16299.98. So I would check and see if you have any updates waiting. Start > Settings > Update and security. You can also check by typing winver in Search to check you build level.

Have you reported this problem in the Feedback Hub.

I also wonder why the Tobii Controller Core & USB service is shown as Not available.

neilpzz, Nov 30, 2017
  4. Plankton Win User

I've not had the problem...before or after.

Plankton, Nov 30, 2017
Thema:

1. RE : build 16299.98 .....Wonder if others can confirm what I noticed. - Similar Threads - build 16299 Wonder

2. What can I move to the other drive ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What can I move to the other drive ?: I have two SSDs on my PC and one is with windows 11 and other one is currently empty the older one The older SSD was only 20-30GB left and it was quiet slow. So I added a new one and put windows in it. The both SSDs are 120GB because I don't game and I don't really watch that...
  3. What can I move to the other drive ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What can I move to the other drive ?: I have two SSDs on my PC and one is with windows 11 and other one is currently empty the older one The older SSD was only 20-30GB left and it was quiet slow. So I added a new one and put windows in it. The both SSDs are 120GB because I don't game and I don't really watch that...
  4. Wondering what's wrong, even after re-installing windows 10.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wondering what's wrong, even after re-installing windows 10.: So I've had this for a few weeks now, where Chrome opens a new tab without me doing anything, ranging from a YouTube video I never watched, to a website on how to knit something. Sometimes my internet security blocks a page, but the tab still opens. This happens only when I...
  5. I’ve noticed this App at shutdown quite a few times now and was just wondered what is it as...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I’ve noticed this App at shutdown quite a few times now and was just wondered what is it as...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/nerruh [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/li7wer/ive_noticed_this_app_at_shutdown_quite_a_few/
  6. I was wondering what this button do?

in Windows 10 Customization
    I was wondering what this button do?: What does this desktop button do?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-was-wondering-what-this-button-do/c1eb1486-d20a-43e4-9306-e4f5ef538b83
  7. Notification toast on windows 1703 build 16299

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Notification toast on windows 1703 build 16299: Hi there, We are using an API to send notification toast to windows 10 we have several builds, and we saw that the image in the toast using the XML template instead the old blue info icon / yellow warning. On 1903/1909 other builds we have, we have the nice notifications...
  8. Windows 10 ver.1709 build 16299

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 ver.1709 build 16299: Hi, I have tried versions 1809, 1903 and now I'm using 1709 build 16299. I have Windows updates turned off in gpedit.msc. I'm into benchmarking with Futuremark programs like 3DMark which comes with Firestrike, Time Spy and several others. I also have VRMark installed and...
  9. Just wondering re pricing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Just wondering re pricing: I am in the process of looking for a paid for OEM for 10 Pro as I want to keep my 7 Pro key and buying one of those is just as expensive according to my local dealer - $209 + p&p which is pretty good. Now I am also thinking at the same time what sort of mark up these...
  10. Insisting not responding - win 10 build 16299 -

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Insisting not responding - win 10 build 16299 -: I would like to know the best approach to investigate on why most of applications randomly not responding. I have about 30 machines with several applications with this continuously and general not responding issue > specially with the domain users ( with the local admin...