Windows 10: RE : built-in system restore

Discus and support RE : built-in system restore in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; This is NOT for Insider version. Win 10 ver 1903 Build 17763.475. Issue : Win 10 built-in system restore has not been working for quite a while.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by davidhk, May 11, 2019.

1. davidhk Win User

RE : built-in system restore

This is NOT for Insider version.

Win 10 ver 1903 Build 17763.475.
    Issue : Win 10 built-in system restore has not been working for quite a while.
    Question : Is MS planning to fix it at all?

Does anyone know ?
    I am not interested in the "alternative" .
    I just want to know if I am to forget that it ever existed?
    Thank you.

:)

davidhk, May 11, 2019

2. System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, May 11, 2019
  3. Bastet Win User
    Built-in System Restore fails

Do you use third party anti virus (Norton, Malwarebytes)? Often these come with a self protection mode which prevents system restore from working, hence why I made my suggestion, if it had worked then that would suggest the anti virus/anti malware is preventing the restore.

Bastet, May 11, 2019
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Missing icons / buttons after System Restore

Hi Terrie,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try to undo the restore or pick another restore point.

Please follow these steps to access system restore:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, May 11, 2019
Thema:

1. RE : built-in system restore - Similar Threads - built system restore

2. Re-create the built-in Administrator account after

in Windows 10 Customization
    Re-create the built-in Administrator account after: Good afternoon.The built-in Administrator account became inaccessible as it started crashing the machine before completing the login process. It was therefore deleted. The user with Administrator rights continues to function.I wish to recreate the built-in Administrator...
  3. Re-create the built-in Administrator account after

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-create the built-in Administrator account after: Good afternoon.The built-in Administrator account became inaccessible as it started crashing the machine before completing the login process. It was therefore deleted. The user with Administrator rights continues to function.I wish to recreate the built-in Administrator...
  4. Re-create the built-in Administrator account after

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Re-enabling my built in keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Re-enabling my built in keyboard: I am a windows 10 user. My windows version is windows 10 version 1903. Recently I have uninstalled my built in keyboard driver due to facing some sort of problem with it. Now I want to enable my built in keyboard. But I can't find the solution. I have tried the following...
  6. System Restore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Restore: Hi I accidentally backed up my portable sat-nav into my windows 10 and now the memory is full. Does anyone know how to restore the system in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore/021c72ee-993a-4da4-b0fa-50187bb87dc0"
  7. Built-in System Restore fails

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Built-in System Restore fails: Win 10 ver 1809 build 17763.253 Running the built-in System Restore but fails to complete. I wonder if anyone has the same problem or it's my computer's problem. P.S. I am not interested in those fabulous 3rd party backup program(s). I just want to find out if this...
  8. System Restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore: Hi whenever I use system restore it says it was not succesful, i've tried many diferent resore points and done it in safe mode with no success, any ideas please? I'm using windows 10...
  9. system restore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    system restore: Hello I just did a system restore and cannot find my devices or drivers. How can I fix it? I also can't get my homescreen to a full screen. I have tried to do this by using the arrows to fill the screen. I do have a full screen on my screen saver. I'm not tech savy at all....
  10. System Restore permanently disabled and cannot re-enabled

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore permanently disabled and cannot re-enabled: Hi Since installing Windows 10 I've had a problem with System Restore. I've searched the web (including this forum) but so far have not found anyone with my particular problem. I'm not saying they're not there, just that I've not found them yet. As you can see from the...