Windows 10: RE: C: Drive is almost full

Discus and support RE: C: Drive is almost full in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Just one more quick question if I may. My main OS c: is almost full (in the red) new it would happen eventually. A couple of questions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VLADDIGBY, Oct 6, 2018.

1. VLADDIGBY Win User

RE: C: Drive is almost full

Hello

Just one more quick question if I may. My main OS c: is almost full (in the red) new it would happen eventually. A couple of questions one being which is the best option for cleaning the device without loosing personal files and settings. I know there are a few options but I have never used any of them on my main device and a little worried they are going to wipe data I really do not want to loose. I have file history enabled but that will just lead back to the drive being full? And the restore points that have been made are well 'altered' to put it one way. I think I know the option I need to take but a second opinion would give me a little more confidence if that makes any sense. The other question is some time back for some foolish reason I installed the 2006 Windows office package! I think this has lead to the drive becoming filled up with unneeded Microsoft frame work? And I have never used the applications/programs anyway! I have been using the online docs for word, excel, publisher ect documents! So the question being is there any way that I can delete or should I say If I delete Microsoft office 2006 will the next update or the device clean up option remove all the unnecessary Microsoft frame work if that makes any séance? There was a huge update about one year ago that seemed to remove all the old outdates unnecessary frame work along with many other things I am sure. The only change was the security centre that I noticed to. It was great the main c: drive literally went from almost being in the red to having just under less that a quarter of the main C: drive 'space' being used (if that makes any séance? I.e the driver went from being nearly full to being nearly empty of data without losing or changing anything! Like mentioned the only thing that changed that I notices was the usual Windows Defender GUI changed to the Windows Defender Security Centre! there may have been some other really small changes I personally noticed but nothing that I considered to matter. Anyway and advice on the subject would be much appreciated! I am going to have to do a system clean up it is just choosing the correct on for this device. I have reset a couple of devices completely a few times just to get used to the process but this is a main device/system with work I really can not afford to lose! Anyway thanks for your time again and I look forward to a response. The devices OS is =

OS Version: 10.0.17134 Build 17134

OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation

OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation

Best Regards

:)

VLADDIGBY, Oct 6, 2018

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Oct 6, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +E,

• Right click on C: drive.

• Select Sharing Tab.

• Click on Advanced Sharing.

• Uncheck “Share this folder”.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Oct 6, 2018
  4. Ruz San Win User

Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CRE: C: Drive is almost full :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

1. RE: C: Drive is almost full - Similar Threads - Drive almost full

2. C: DRIVE SUDDENLY ALMOST FULL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C: DRIVE SUDDENLY ALMOST FULL: Yesterday my C: Drive had 20.7gb free out of 110gb, but today suddenly it shows 6.7gb free out of 110gb, the available disk space keeps changing, like sometimes its 9gb sometimes its 6gb, i have used SFC /Scannow, Dism restorehealth, and i have checked if there is any virus...
  3. 118Gb C drive almost full.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    118Gb C drive almost full.: I have searched C drive for "Desktop" search is approaching 10,000 items found so far.The search is still running and it has found many folders and files that appear duplicated as they all have the same Name and Modified date and are located in a Temp folder.Can I delete...
  4. 118Gb C drive almost full.

118Gb C drive almost full.: I have searched C drive for "Desktop" search is approaching 10,000 items found so far.The search is still running and it has found many folders and files that appear duplicated as they all have the same Name and Modified date and are located in a Temp folder.Can I delete...
  5. SSD C drive is almost full.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD C drive is almost full.: I have bought an PC just a month ago and it has windows update today and my SSD C: drive is almost full. but also have HDD D: drive, which is empty.What to do?Thank You....
  6. SSD C drive is almost full.

SSD C drive is almost full.: I have bought an PC just a month ago and it has windows update today and my SSD C: drive is almost full. but also have HDD D: drive, which is empty.What to do?Thank You....
  7. drive c is almost full

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    drive c is almost full: My C Drive is almost full! I've done everything site has suggested. What next? Please help, it won't update anymore! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-c-is-almost-full/df39eaac-9523-4452-b9c9-31ef422b744e
  8. drive c is almost full

in Windows 10 Gaming
    drive c is almost full: My C Drive is almost full! I've done everything site has suggested. What next? Please help, it won't update anymore! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-c-is-almost-full/df39eaac-9523-4452-b9c9-31ef422b744e
  9. drive c is almost full

10. SSD C drive is almost full.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD C drive is almost full.: I have bought an PC just a month ago and it has windows update today and my SSD C: drive is almost full. but also have HDD D: drive, which is empty. What to do? Thank You....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what are the options for c drive almost full