Windows 10: RE: Cannot remove application as "game" from Windows Game Bar

Discus and support RE: Cannot remove application as "game" from Windows Game Bar in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I pressed Win key + G on my windows to test the function on chrome and now whenever I open a new Chrome window, Game Bar thinks Chrome is a game and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JiaCheng1, Dec 10, 2018.

1. JiaCheng1 Win User

RE: Cannot remove application as "game" from Windows Game Bar

I pressed Win key + G on my windows to test the function on chrome and now whenever I open a new Chrome window, Game Bar thinks Chrome is a game and asks me if I want to record a video.

I have tried to right click Chrome in the Xbox app and click "Remove from my games" but they do not let me remove it from "My Games"

Is there a fix to it?

Regards

:)

JiaCheng1, Dec 10, 2018
  2. Junaid_A Win User

want to open game bar, but win+G repeatedly asks if "want to open game bar?"

Hi Sabinscabin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in fix problems with Game bar
    on Windows 10
    and check if it works.

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Dec 10, 2018
  3. Game Bar update

Hi MatyasSvoboda,

Incorrect configuration setting is one of the possible reasons why you're there's a little window when recording your games. To resolve this concern, I recommend that you turn off your Game bar and restart your computer before turning it on again. To do
    this, you may follow the steps below:

How to disable Game bar:

1. Right-click the Start button.
    2. Click Settings.
    3. Click Gaming.
    4. Click Game bar.
    5. Click the switch below Record game
      clips
      . Screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar so that it turns
      Off.

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, Dec 10, 2018
  4. RE: Cannot remove application as "game" from Windows Game Bar

Windows Game Bar not Recording Microphone By Default

Hi Yewtsan,

Incorrect configuration setting is one of the potential reasons why Windows Game Bar is not recording microphone by default. To help you resolve this concern, you may perform the troubleshooting steps provided on the link below:

Troubleshoot Game DVR on Windows 10

You may also try to turn off the Game bar and restart your computer before turning it on again. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

How to disable Game bar

1. Right-click the Start button.
    2. Click Settings.
    3. Click Gaming.
    4. Click Game bar.
    5. Click the switch below Record game clips. Screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar so that it turns
      Off.

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

RE: Cannot remove application as "game" from Windows Game Bar

1. RE: Cannot remove application as "game" from Windows Game Bar - Similar Threads - Cannot remove application

2. Cannot re-install Xbox Game Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot re-install Xbox Game Bar: I have been having issues with the Xbox Game Bar, so I removed it with:Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay Remove-AppxPackagein the effort to get a clean installI've tried to reinstall the Xbox Game Bar, but now I'm greeted with "There has been an error. See details"...
  3. Cannot re-install Xbox Game Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot re-install Xbox Game Bar: I have been having issues with the Xbox Game Bar, so I removed it with:Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay Remove-AppxPackagein the effort to get a clean installI've tried to reinstall the Xbox Game Bar, but now I'm greeted with "There has been an error. See details"...
  4. Cannot open game bar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open game bar.: Whenever I try to open game bar it doesn't work. Whenever I tick the game bar setting on it just turns back off when I return to the page. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-game-bar/09cb9108-5e17-4ca1-b9b8-c3f2c6cb60bd
  5. Cannot open game bar.

Cannot open game bar.: Whenever I try to open game bar it doesn't work. Whenever I tick the game bar setting on it just turns back off when I return to the page. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-game-bar/09cb9108-5e17-4ca1-b9b8-c3f2c6cb60bd
  6. Remove Xbox Game Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove Xbox Game Bar: This Xbox Game Bar sometimes pops up. I will never own or use an Xbox so i would like to remove this function. There is no un-install button function when you go to it from Windows Start. It doesn't appear as a program under programs for Control Panel. I did try using...
  7. removing xbox game bar app

removing xbox game bar app: just got a new system with win10 it came preinstalled with xbox game bar on it. I have tried removing it under add remove programs and it won't let me. some of its presetup keys in windows are the same as game commands i have for other games. I don't like the app and...
  8. game mode missing from game bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game mode missing from game bar: game mode is enabled on my pc , I opened multiple games in windowed and full-screen mode and pressed win+g and this only appeared please help me to make game mode toggle appear thanks[ATTACH]...
  9. Game mode gone from game bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game mode gone from game bar?: I tried to turn my game (boost) mode on windows 10 and realised that the icon is gone.Did microsoft disabled this feature in recent updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/game-mode-gone-from-game-bar/343e8305-8360-4494-b76b-9b7a3589ecd2
  10. Game Mode missing from game bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Mode missing from game bar: I have done everything to try and fix this issue, I am aware the game mode button is missing from settings but on my game bar, the button is missing. I have a screenshot bellow, showing the issue. I just want this fixed! I see loads of posts saying "Just enable it on the game...