Windows 10: RE : Change where new content is saved

Discus and support RE : Change where new content is saved in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Win 10 Home ver 1809 build 17763.253 Settings > System > Storage > Change where new content is saved >SD (E:) I tried to save a new game from Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by davidhk, Jan 9, 2019.

1. davidhk Win User

RE : Change where new content is saved

Win 10 Home ver 1809 build 17763.253

Settings > System > Storage > Change where new content is saved >SD (ERE : Change where new content is saved :)

I tried to save a new game from Windows Store to my sd card.
    No matter which location(s) I chose, the install will fail.
    If I changed it back to default This PC, no problem.

Maybe the option is not meant for video games ?

:)

davidhk, Jan 9, 2019

2. Change where new content is saved.

Hello Martin,

We apologize for the late reply.

Windows 10 lets you easily change the default Save location for Documents, Music, Picture and Video files. For steps on how to organize your preferred setting, follow these steps:

• Open Start Menu.
    • Click Settings, then System settings.
    • Click on Storage in the left pane.
    • Scroll down a bit and find Save locations.
    • There you will see New documents will save to setting and similar settings for Music, Pictures & Videos.
    • Select the location from the drop-down menu.

For Windows 10 Creators Update v1703, you need to navigate as follows:

Settings > System > Storage
    > Change where new content is saved.

Tip: If you are suffering from the low space issues after upgrading, you can use these technique to move Documents and other personal folders from the default system drive to another drive.

Feel free to post back if further assistance is needed.

Lawrence Lib, Jan 9, 2019
  3. MartP. Win User
    Change where new content is saved.

I did use the Settings > System > Storage > Change
    where new content is saved

I see the new folders in my D: drive but copying or creating new documents still were saved in the c: drive.

I had to click on each folders in the C: drives and manually relocate them from the old interface. It seems that the feature in the
    Settings > System > Storage > Change
    where new content is saved
    is broken in the Creator update.

MartP., Jan 9, 2019
  4. MartP. Win User

Change where new content is saved.

When you go In Settings -> System -> Storage -> Click on "Change where new content is saved" link on the page.

On Windows 10 Creator Upd.

Martin.

MartP., Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

1. RE : Change where new content is saved - Similar Threads - Change where content

2. RE : Change where new content is saved

in Windows 10 Support
    RE : Change where new content is saved: Win 10 Home ver 1809 build 17763.253 Settings > System > Storage > Change where new content is saved >SD (E:) I tried to save a new game from Windows Store to my sd card. No matter which location(s) I chose, the install will fail. If I changed it back to default This PC,...
  3. Where are the thumbnail informations saved

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where are the thumbnail informations saved: Insider previews installations sometime (but not always) get rid of the many thousand thumbnails of my files. If I knew where the thumbnails are kept maybe I could copy those and reinstall them later...
  4. Can't change where new content is saved for the apps section

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't change where new content is saved for the apps section: I Can't change where new content is saved for the apps section. Everytime i try to change from my ssd to my hard drive it gives me an error code ( 0x80073d0e). If any one can tell me how to fix this it would be apreciated....
  5. Minecraft windows 10, how to change where worlds are saved.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Minecraft windows 10, how to change where worlds are saved.: I was wondering if there was is a way to chance where my worlds save. Specifically if I can change it from my c drive to another drive....
  6. New Copyright Match tool on YouTube to find re-uploads of your content

in Windows 10 News
    New Copyright Match tool on YouTube to find re-uploads of your content: We know how frustrating it is when your content is uploaded to other channels without your permission and how time consuming it can be to manually search for these re-uploads. We currently provide a number of ways for copyright owners to protect their work, but we’ve heard...
  7. Where is the Mail content stored on my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is the Mail content stored on my computer?: E.g. the locally stored e-mail and/or the contact lists? Background if you are interested: I don't particularly like Mail, so I have decided to use Outlook.com to send and receive/consolidate all my e-mail accounts as I did for years. (As soon as MS gets its act...
  8. Need help changing where new content is saved.

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help changing where new content is saved.: Hi. I recently bought a new laptop(MSI GT62VR Dominator/Pro) and have been loving it but I'm having a problem. Everything is being saved to This PC which is only 238GB and Im trying to have stuff be saved to Data which is 914GB. Does anyone know how to change it to where...
  9. Can't change the "New documents will save to" option

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't change the "New documents will save to" option: Hi, I've observed a strange behavior on my laptop since a couple of days. Suddenly I realized that all my Documents were not being saved in my user profile folder but to OneDrive instead. This has been caused by some of OneDrive updates, I'm pretty sure, as previously my docs...
  10. This month on Bing: entertainment experiences and saved content

in Windows 10 News
    This month on Bing: entertainment experiences and saved content: This month at Bing we continued our momentum by shipping several new experiences that help you quickly find what you’re looking for. New entertainment answers We expanded our carousel coverage to help you find new types of entertainment content. We’re continuing to...