Windows 10: re: cmd prompt error message

Discus and support re: cmd prompt error message in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have cmd.exe set as admin. I have used the following line "sc.exe config wuauserv start= disabled" many times as part of a plain to stop Win 10 home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by reble, Mar 14, 2020.

1. reble Win User

re: cmd prompt error message

I have cmd.exe set as admin. I have used the following line "sc.exe config wuauserv start= disabled" many times as part of a plain to stop Win 10 home 32bit, Win update from updating. I am now running into the error message "[sc] OpenService failed S: access is denied" I tried opening "super administrator" and I get the same error message there. I don't know how to fix this.

:)

reble, Mar 14, 2020
  2. Paul5816 Win User

cmd prompt

When trying to use cmd prompt it pops up with an error saying "This application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142)." When following steps to try and fix any uninstalled updates on the computer from this forum, it shows up with the same error.

Please help!

Trying to get an Xbox One game to work which asks us go to cmd prompt to configure the IP address.

Paul5816, Mar 14, 2020
  3. Dual error message not fixed

i only get one message. i enabled log to file, created folder for it, then to test the error message, i deleted the folder, to prompt the error message, of which i got one. Ver 1.20.0

re: cmd prompt error message 1bdcFLs.jpg

jboydgolfer, Mar 14, 2020
  4. mehmet432 Win User

Only a windows script host error message and a CMD prompt on startup.

Ah so, i think i have found a solution... this was the key i deleted that i was talking about.
    This might be useful for people who have the same problem

re: cmd prompt error message [​IMG]

but i'm not sure which entry to delete, i'm attaching files

re: cmd prompt error message [​IMG]

Edit: %comspec% shouldn't be there right ?

- - - Updated - - -

Uhmm, so should i delete %compsec% ?

mehmet432, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

1. re: cmd prompt error message - Similar Threads - cmd prompt error

2. Cmd prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cmd prompt: I had win 10 setup so that shift right click context menus showed cmd prompt, as powershell does a lousy job with batch files, which I use a lot. Latest update killed that setting and I can't get it back. None of the suggestions on the web are working. So two questions:...
  3. Is cmd prompt traceable?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is cmd prompt traceable?: I want to use cmd prompt at my school to figure out the password to their WiFi, and I know I can do things like reset the administrator account’s password, or remotely shutdown any windows PC in the school, but refrain out of fear of expulsion. Basically, is using cmd prompt...
  4. Cmd prompt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cmd prompt: My cmd prompt isn't opening for my file (use for Minecraft modding) The option doesn't even show up to use it all that shows up is powershell https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmd-prompt/5f084111-fa7d-4cdd-b450-68c430dcd7b0
  5. Only a windows script host error message and a CMD prompt on startup.

in Windows 10 Support
    Only a windows script host error message and a CMD prompt on startup.: So, i couldn't open cmd (when i opened it, it would automatically close itself instantly) and i searched it on google, i found a topic telling me to delete a registry in regedit (i can't remember the directory but it was under Command Prompt) called "AutoRun", when i deleted...
  6. CMD Prompt & System Restore

in Windows 10 Customization
    CMD Prompt & System Restore: Hello, Does anyone know if performing a system restore will revert the property settings for CMD prompt. For an example If i make CMD prompt run as an admin every time I open it, would I have to tick the "Run as Administrator" box again after I do a system restore? When...
  7. after booting cmd prompt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    after booting cmd prompt: sir please resolve my problem when system is on a cmd prompt shown 'c\users\user\appdata\roaming\microsoft\windows\lawctcfw\wcificsv.exe[ATTACH]...
  8. cmd Scripts ask for elevated prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    cmd Scripts ask for elevated prompt: Hello, again *Smile I made a script to run a mmc console for de "Users & Computers of the domain" (DSA.EXE) Code: @Echo Off C:\Windows\System32\runas.exe /netonly /user:domain\user "mmc dsa.msc"[/quote] It was working fine until I ran into this issue : Erreur de...
  9. CMD prompt opens to X:

in Windows 10 Support
    CMD prompt opens to X:: Hi all. Just upgraded to Windows 10 and for some reason, my cmd prompt opens to X:. I'm not sure why it does that, but if I launch in Admin mode, it usually opens to C:[yada yada]. I'm not sure if this is the cause of many problems I am having with Python, pip, etc all...
  10. CMD command prompt (CPT) usage and explanations

in Windows 10 Support
    CMD command prompt (CPT) usage and explanations: I was wondering why file not found would occur when I try to access a DIR command on a directory.*Rolleyes DIR name >> file.txt Sincerely, 26623