Windows 10: re: cmd prompt error message

Discus and support re: cmd prompt error message in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have cmd.exe set as admin. I have used the following line "sc.exe config wuauserv start= disabled" many times as part of a plain to stop Win 10 home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by reble, Mar 14, 2020.

1. reble Win User

re: cmd prompt error message

I have cmd.exe set as admin. I have used the following line "sc.exe config wuauserv start= disabled" many times as part of a plain to stop Win 10 home 32bit, Win update from updating. I am now running into the error message "[sc] OpenService failed S: access is denied" I tried opening "super administrator" and I get the same error message there. I don't know how to fix this.

:)

reble, Mar 14, 2020
  2. Paul5816 Win User

cmd prompt

When trying to use cmd prompt it pops up with an error saying "This application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142)." When following steps to try and fix any uninstalled updates on the computer from this forum, it shows up with the same error.

Please help!

Trying to get an Xbox One game to work which asks us go to cmd prompt to configure the IP address.

Paul5816, Mar 14, 2020
  3. Dual error message not fixed

i only get one message. i enabled log to file, created folder for it, then to test the error message, i deleted the folder, to prompt the error message, of which i got one. Ver 1.20.0

re: cmd prompt error message 1bdcFLs.jpg

jboydgolfer, Mar 14, 2020
  4. mehmet432 Win User

Only a windows script host error message and a CMD prompt on startup.

Ah so, i think i have found a solution... this was the key i deleted that i was talking about.
    This might be useful for people who have the same problem

re: cmd prompt error message [​IMG]

but i'm not sure which entry to delete, i'm attaching files

re: cmd prompt error message [​IMG]

Edit: %comspec% shouldn't be there right ?

- - - Updated - - -

Uhmm, so should i delete %compsec% ?

mehmet432, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

1. re: cmd prompt error message - Similar Threads - cmd prompt error

2. Error 1009 in the cmd prompt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error 1009 in the cmd prompt: Hi, I'm currently having an issue with fully resetting my computer. Here are all the steps to try and fix it I have done so far:1: First of all, when I try and do a full reset of the computer, it restarts my computer and then starts the reset, stays at 1% completion and then...
  3. Error 1009 in the cmd prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 1009 in the cmd prompt: Hi, I'm currently having an issue with fully resetting my computer. Here are all the steps to try and fix it I have done so far:1: First of all, when I try and do a full reset of the computer, it restarts my computer and then starts the reset, stays at 1% completion and then...
  4. Re-edit via cmd prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-edit via cmd prompt: What do I type in the reg edit via cmd prompt to remove write protection from my drive? Can you type in what you want me to type please so I can copy it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-edit-via-cmd-prompt/7956fe11-e7d8-4dba-868d-cc6e462b4735
  5. Re-edit via cmd prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Re-edit via cmd prompt: What do I type in the reg edit via cmd prompt to remove write protection from my drive? Can you type in what you want me to type please so I can copy it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-edit-via-cmd-prompt/7956fe11-e7d8-4dba-868d-cc6e462b4735
  6. Re-edit via cmd prompt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. chkdsk cmd prompt error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    chkdsk cmd prompt error: hello all. i get the error in the following image. i am trying step #1 here: https://www.stellarinfo.com/blog/error-solved-slow-receive-emails-outlook-2016-2013-2010/ what am i doing wrong? I believe I have ownership. thanks. [ATTACH]...
  8. Cmd error message

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cmd error message: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19041.508] c 2020 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. 'Z:/projects\notepadAlias.cmd' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. I get this message every time when i open my cmd. Also I dont...
  9. cmd error message

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cmd error message: I'm trying to download Microsoft Office using the recommended method of Office Deployment Tool. When i get to the cmd prompt I get this error message: "'setup.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file " what is the fix for...
  10. Cmd prompt and cmd prompt csscript.exe

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cmd prompt and cmd prompt csscript.exe: Hello Lovely people,Im from the Netherlands so my english isnt that very good,But couple of days when i start my up i got an cmd prompt but its empty so it doesnt say anything it stays a few sec and then it goes away and then i get the cmd prompt but with cscript.exe and then...