Windows 10: re-direct folders

Discus and support re-direct folders in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My software uses a lot of addons and stores & reads this data from a document folder in user/docs on my C drive. This is doc folder is now getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by barry h1, Aug 29, 2022.

1. barry h1 Win User

re-direct folders

My software uses a lot of addons and stores & reads this data from a document folder in user/docs on my C drive. This is doc folder is now getting rather large and takes up a lot of space on my C drive. I would like to transfer that document folder from my C drive to my D drive. I then want to leave that folder on my C drive empty and have a pointer or redirect to the new location on D drive. Can this be done? thank you

:)

barry h1, Aug 29, 2022

2. Windows 10 shows Direct x 12

Hi Jagdishservi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• Where have checked for the version of Direct x?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check:

• Press Windows + R keys together.

• Type dxdiag in the run prompt and hit enter.

• Now check for the version of Direct x.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us with the updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Aug 29, 2022
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. re-direct folders

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Aug 29, 2022
Thema:

re-direct folders

1. re-direct folders - Similar Threads - direct folders

2. One drive isn't syncing one folder; no permissions. followed directions but don't know how...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One drive isn't syncing one folder; no permissions. followed directions but don't know how...: One drive notified me that game folder had no permissions and wasn't syncing. Followed troubleshooter directions and I found the folder but I don't know how to put permissions back. I think I deleted it when i was cleaning out old downloads....
  3. One drive isn't syncing one folder; no permissions. followed directions but don't know how...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive isn't syncing one folder; no permissions. followed directions but don't know how...: One drive notified me that game folder had no permissions and wasn't syncing. Followed troubleshooter directions and I found the folder but I don't know how to put permissions back. I think I deleted it when i was cleaning out old downloads....
  4. One drive isn't syncing one folder; no permissions. followed directions but don't know how...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. OneDrive account does not show up as direct folder in File Explorer

OneDrive account does not show up as direct folder in File Explorer: I have recently tried replacing my old private OneDrive account, to which I no longer have access, with a new one.Everything went smoothly except for the fact that it does not show up directly under Desktop, but rather only as a folder inside Users/username. With my old...
  6. OneDrive account does not show up as direct folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive account does not show up as direct folder in File Explorer: I have recently tried replacing my old private OneDrive account, to which I no longer have access, with a new one.Everything went smoothly except for the fact that it does not show up directly under Desktop, but rather only as a folder inside Users/username. With my old...
  7. OneDrive account does not show up as direct folder in File Explorer

8. Sending file or folder directly to another folder by right click followed by send button?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sending file or folder directly to another folder by right click followed by send button?: How I can send a word file directly to a particular/specific folder. I mean X file of word or a folder, how I can send to Y folder, by pressing the right click followed by "send" button....
  9. Sending file or folder directly to another folder by right click followed by send button?

Sending file or folder directly to another folder by right click followed by send button?: How I can send a word file directly to a particular/specific folder. I mean X file of word or a folder, how I can send to Y folder, by pressing the right click followed by "send" button....
  10. I cannot save directly into a folder

I cannot save directly into a folder: The problem that I am facing, is that I cannot save directly into a folder from an application. Whether that may be Microsoft Word, my printer scanning utility or other applications. However, I can save the file to my desktop, documents, downloads, etc. and then copy and...