Windows 10: Re-Enable BitLocker on Windows 10 Home

Discus and support Re-Enable BitLocker on Windows 10 Home in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I would like to seek assistance in re-enabling BitLocker on a Lenovo Yoga with Windows 10 Home. A bit of history. The laptop was purchased... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by VhinzSanchez, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Re-Enable BitLocker on Windows 10 Home

Hi,

I would like to seek assistance in re-enabling BitLocker on a Lenovo Yoga with Windows 10 Home.

A bit of history. The laptop was purchased with Windows 10 Home. I would need to re-partition the drive (SSD) to the owner's request of 200GB for System and the the rest for data drive. Using disk management, I can only shrink the system drive to over 400GB (I would need it to be 200GB) due to unmovable files. Both C: and D: drives has been identified by disk manager as BitLocker Encrypted.

Using the Disk Manager, I was able to shrink the partition to over 400GB but I would need more so I reverted it back, no problem there. I have tried to disable the hibernation, paging files and system protection, reboot then defrag. Still can not make it to work. Re-enabled the the services reverting it to default values.

Now, I have used AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard to do the partitioning for me. However, upon running it, the Resize feature is disabled even after a restart. I remembered that the drive is BitLocker protected and disabled it.

Now that the system is running happily, I would want to revert back and re-enable the drive encryption. However, I can not find the settings to do it. Additionally, I have read in multiple sources online that BitLocker is not available in Home edition. How come that from factory settings, it was enabled by default so I'm pretty sure that I can re-enable it, thus I am seeking your assistance on this.

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

VhinzSanchez

:)

VhinzSanchez, Sep 18, 2018

2. BitLocker won't enable on Windows 10 after update on Aug 9

Hi Brenda,

I would be happy to assist you.

Before I assist you I would like to know the information below,

• Do you have a Windows 10 copy of the operating system?

I suggest you check whether the Bit locker is ON or OFF using the steps below.

Can you verify if BitLocker is enabled or disabled on your device? You can Enable/disable BitLocker by going to Desktop and follow these steps:

• Swipe Right to Left to bring up the Charm.

• Choose Settings.

• Choose Control Panel.

• Select BitLocker Drive Encryption.

• Verify whether BitLocker is on or off on each device.
    Also I suggest you to enable the WinRE so that you can enter the bit locker key and proceed.

When WinRE is disabled, you cannot enable BitLocker, and you receive an error message that resembles the following.

This PC doesn't support entering a BitLocker recovery password during startup. Ask your administrator to configure Windows Recovery Environment so that you can use BitLocker.

The solution would be to manually enable the windows recovery environment:

• Copying the winre.wim file from c:\windows\system32\recovery\ to a folder on a recovery partition. (The partition need to have a drive letter at this point.)

• Set the RE Image path. Example: reagentc /setreimage /path r:\recovery\windowsre

• Enable RE with command: reagentc /enable

• (You may remove the drive letter for the recovery partition after you have done this.)

• Bit locker will be enabled.
    If the issue still persists, suggest you to post your query on the below link.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh831507(v=ws.11).aspx

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Sep 18, 2018
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Bitlocker

Hello Nandana,

To enable BitLocker on your computer, you follow the steps below:

• Sign in to your Windows account with an administrator access.
    • Press the Windows key.
    • Type and enter BitLocker.
    • Click Turn on BitLocker.
    • If the system is asking to sing in to administrator access, please do so.
    For additional information about BitLocker, we suggest that you check the frequently ask question on this
    link. The link provided applies to Windows 8.1 to higher version.

If you have other concerns, don't hesitate to reach us.

Ernie San, Sep 18, 2018
  4. Re-Enable BitLocker on Windows 10 Home

Unable to enable BitLocker on Windows 10.

Original title: Win 10 Clean Install Cannot enable Bitlocker

Hi

Trying to do a clean install of Win10 Pro on a new Lenovo M700 Tiny machine. Win 10 OS Build 10586.218, version 1511

Cannot activate Bitlocker. Run thru turning on Bitlocker, saving key backup to USB, encrypt entire drive, using new encryption, select test Bitlocker encryption, reboot, bitlocker fails: "Bitlocker could not be enabled. The Bitlocker Encryption
    key cannot be obtained from the Trusted Platform Module".

Have tried:

• Checked TPM.msc. TPM is recognized, activated, owned etc

• Deactivated TPM in BIOS, rebooted, logged in, verified off in TPM.msc, rebooted, reactivated in BIOS, TPM.msc sees functioning TPM, still fails same error

• Cleared and reactivated TPM using TPM.msc. Same error

• Formatted and reinstalled Win10 3 times. Recreated the Win10 USB install "disk" using the media creation tool for 1 attempt. Same issue each time.

• All Lenovo driver & BIOS updates installed using Thinkvantage Tools. All MS Win 10 updates installed

Any help appreciated

boatasiaus, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

Re-Enable BitLocker on Windows 10 Home

1. Re-Enable BitLocker on Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - Enable BitLocker Home

2. how to re-set bitlocker autounlock in Windows 10 Home version

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to re-set bitlocker autounlock in Windows 10 Home version: Hi, After I upgraded my C: drive to a larger SSD, I found my D: is locked as shown below. I encountered a few error messages because the D: is not available after each reboot. I had to provide a key to unlock it before assessing the data after each reboot. Is it possible to...
  3. how to re-set bitlocker autounlock in Windows 10 Home version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to re-set bitlocker autounlock in Windows 10 Home version: Hi, After I upgraded my C: drive to a larger SSD, I found my D: is locked as shown below. I encountered a few error messages because the D: is not available after each reboot. I had to provide a key to unlock it before assessing the data after each reboot. Is it possible to...
  4. how to re-set bitlocker autounlock in Windows 10 Home version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Home with BitLocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Home with BitLocker: Is my Windows 10 Home support BitLocker Encryption?? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-with-bitlocker/2a4ecf28-20c7-499e-ba9e-cf3f00b3f7df
  6. Bitlocker enabled on Windows 10 Home Edition for Ransomware attack

Bitlocker enabled on Windows 10 Home Edition for Ransomware attack: Hey, everyone, first time poster, haven't been able to locate a thread on this but it is important. I am running Windows 10 Home Edition and while doing a regular system cleanup I discovered lots of files beginning to show up in my Windows/Temp folder with the name...
  7. Why I have BitLocker enabled if I'm using Windows 10 Home?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why I have BitLocker enabled if I'm using Windows 10 Home?: I have a Dell laptop and BitLocker is on by default. How, if Home doesn't include BitLocker? submitted by /u/complexramification [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hmgrw4/why_i_have_bitlocker_enabled_if_im_using_windows/
  8. Bitlocker in Windows 10 Home

Bitlocker in Windows 10 Home: We have a Dell Inspiron 13 5000 with Wondows 10 Home. It has now stuck with a bitlocker code needed to unlock it. But I thought that bitlocker was not available in Windows 10 Home, so how can it be on? And how can I find the key when my Microsoft account sys that the...
  9. Bitlocker in Windows 10 Home

Bitlocker in Windows 10 Home: So I can't manage bitlocker in Windows 10 Home, but my drive is encrypted with a bitlocker key. How do I get rid of the bitlocker key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-in-windows-10-home/d2110729-2b28-4352-807a-a0a4500a010d"
  10. Re Install of windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re Install of windows 10 home: I got this desktop with windows 10 home pre installed when I bought it from Zoostorm computers. I have some small issues with it,As you may see one of my postings regarding problem with the mail app. Now my question is if and when I decide to do a clean install of windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. enable bitlocker on windows 10 home

2. enable bitlocker windows 10 home

3. how to enable bitlocker on windows 10 home

4. how to enable bitlocker windows 10 home,
  5. bitlocker windows 10 home unable to reenable,
  6. re enable bitlocker in windows 10,
  7. When attempting to reenable bit locker get error The startup options on this PC are configured incorrectly. Contact your system administrator for more information.,
  8. enable bitlocker on win 10 home,
  9. windows 10 home reenable bitlocker,
  10. re-enable bitlocker in windows 10 home,
  11. how do i enable bitlocker on windows 10 home,
  12. bitlocker re activate,
  13. how to re-enable bitlocker,
  14. activate bitlocker windows home,
  15. enable bitlocker with tpm on windows 10 h ome