Windows 10: Re-enable secure boot after dualing boot

Discus and support Re-enable secure boot after dualing boot in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just finish dual booting my computer with windows 11 and Ubuntu 20.04. In order to dual boot I had to disable secure boot, and now that I'm done with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Camille_Brown, Sep 29, 2022.

1. Re-enable secure boot after dualing boot

I just finish dual booting my computer with windows 11 and Ubuntu 20.04. In order to dual boot I had to disable secure boot, and now that I'm done with the installation process i was wondering if a can enable secure boot again or if that will not let me initiate Ubuntu.

:)

Camille_Brown, Sep 29, 2022

2. Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Sep 29, 2022
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Sep 29, 2022
  4. Solaris17 Win User

Re-enable secure boot after dualing boot

Dual Boot?

I can help here iv had both i used partition magic to split my HDD and i installed vista on one and xp was already on the other only problem is id watch out if i were you for some reason vista does not like to dual boot iv seen this on a couple of my machines and my buddys. so step one have xp installed step 2 find a partitioner of your choice i dont know of any except partition magic and the one included on xp...only thing is i dont think the one on xp will even partition them...then pop in your vista DVD and select the drive of your choice....the only thing i can think of that causes vista to hate dual booting sooo much is that when their are 2 OS's installed xp uses its own prog to list them on boot well vista uses a totally diff boot loader than the previous os's and i think they conflict the problems i hade were the standard missing windows folder missing HAL.dll and the nt one dont remember the name.....that and after your done vista and boot into xp things didnt like to start correctly specially if you scan disk with vista.

Solaris17, Sep 29, 2022
Thema:

Re-enable secure boot after dualing boot

1. Re-enable secure boot after dualing boot - Similar Threads - enable secure boot

2. Inacessible boot device after enabling secure boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inacessible boot device after enabling secure boot: Hello, I am having a major issue with my Asus laptop after trying to enable secure boot for Valorant. After entering the bios and disabling fast boot and enabling the secure boot things, when I tried to boot, it gave me the Inaccessible boot device error. I have tried...
  3. Inacessible boot device after enabling secure boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Inacessible boot device after enabling secure boot: Hello, I am having a major issue with my Asus laptop after trying to enable secure boot for Valorant. After entering the bios and disabling fast boot and enabling the secure boot things, when I tried to boot, it gave me the Inaccessible boot device error. I have tried...
  4. Re-enable Secure Boot - Dell XPS8930

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-enable Secure Boot - Dell XPS8930: I upgraded my Dell XPS 8930 from Windows 10 to Windows 11. After the upgrade, boot from disc and USB drive disappeared from my boot order in BIOS and were no longer available as boot options. Only UEFI Options were Windows Boot Manager on my SSDD, Windows Boot Manager on my...
  5. Re-enable Secure Boot - Dell XPS8930

Re-enable Secure Boot - Dell XPS8930: I upgraded my Dell XPS 8930 from Windows 10 to Windows 11. After the upgrade, boot from disc and USB drive disappeared from my boot order in BIOS and were no longer available as boot options. Only UEFI Options were Windows Boot Manager on my SSDD, Windows Boot Manager on my...
  6. Enable Secure Boot

Enable Secure Boot: When I enable secure boot mode in the bios, and go to windows I get "Secure Boot Status: Not Compatible" how can I fix it? I have an Asus Prime A320m-k motherboard, ryzen 3100, 16 ram and RX570 PD: I have seen other people with the same motherboard with secure boot mode...
  7. Enable Secure Boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Enable Secure Boot: When I enable secure boot mode in the bios, and go to windows I get "Secure Boot Status: Not Compatible" how can I fix it? I have an Asus Prime A320m-k motherboard, ryzen 3100, 16 ram and RX570 PD: I have seen other people with the same motherboard with secure boot mode...
  8. Re-enable secure boot after dualing boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-enable secure boot after dualing boot: I just finish dual booting my computer with windows 11 and Ubuntu 20.04. In order to dual boot I had to disable secure boot, and now that I'm done with the installation process i was wondering if a can enable secure boot again or if that will not let me initiate Ubuntu....
  9. Enable Secure boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable Secure boot: Hello everyone, I've trying to enable secure boot in my pc in the BIOS I have a gigabyte motherboard, and I'm doing this because I want to play Valorant in my pc. I have the TPM 2.0 activated but the secure boot not. When I'm trying to change this in the Bios Disabled the CSM...
  10. Enable Secure boot

Enable Secure boot: Hello everyone, I've trying to enable secure boot in my pc in the BIOS I have a gigabyte motherboard, and I'm doing this because I want to play Valorant in my pc. I have the TPM 2.0 activated but the secure boot not. When I'm trying to change this in the Bios Disabled the CSM...