Windows 10: Re-enabling audio jack pop up

Discus and support Re-enabling audio jack pop up in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I had a pop-up asking me what device is plugged and I clicked on mic and accidentally clicked on do not show in the future. I can't find the option to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by roderickanda, Oct 23, 2022.

1. Re-enabling audio jack pop up

I had a pop-up asking me what device is plugged and I clicked on mic and accidentally clicked on do not show in the future. I can't find the option to enable it again and everything I plug in, including my earphones now only work as external mics. I have found forums but those are windows ten. I use windows 11. Whenever I look up "Realtek" in my search it doesn't pop up. Please help!

:)

roderickanda, Oct 23, 2022

2. Re-enabling audio jack pop up

Hi Aish:3,

I'm Rodrigo and I will help you.

to re-enable the audio jack pop-up, find the Realtek audio icon on the taskbar (speaker icon) and open it, if you can't find it, on the Start Menu, type Realtek and open the Realtek HD Audio Manager.

On the Realtek HD Audio Manager, open the folder icon on the left side of the window and check the box "Enable auto popup dialog....". OK to save.

There are other versions of the Realtek control panel, if you can't find this one, let me know to guide you find on another version.

Rodrigo.Queiroz, Oct 23, 2022
  3. silkstone Win User
    Audio Popping

Hi guys,

Anyone have any idea the main causes of popping crackling audio from on-board audio?
    My computer has only just started doing this and it happens in both the front and back audio jacks with different headphones.

silkstone, Oct 23, 2022
  4. Allan Mej Win User

Re-enabling audio jack pop up

audio jack problems

Hi,

Windows allows disabling of a certain port if you want to or if you need to. To disable a headphone or speaker audio jack, kindly follow these steps:

• Right-click the Sound or Volume icon on the lower-left side of your screen.
    • Select Playback devices.
    • Right-click on the playback device that you want to disable and click
      Disable

To disable a microphone jack:

• Right-click the Sound or Volume icon on the lower-left side of your screen.
    • Select Recording devices.
    • Right-click on the recording device that you want to disable and click
      Disable

Also, we recommend taking your PC to a technician for the removal of the audio jack that is stuck so that, you'll be able to use the port again.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Oct 23, 2022
Thema:

Re-enabling audio jack pop up

1. Re-enabling audio jack pop up - Similar Threads - enabling audio jack

2. Re-Enable Audio Jack Popup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-Enable Audio Jack Popup: I have a Dell G15 5510 with windows 10, usually when I plug a device into the audio jack, a popup appears and lets me select whether it is a speaker or headphones. Recently this popup has stopped showing up. And when I plug in my speaker, the option for Headphones RealtekR...
  3. Re-Enable Audio Jack Popup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Re-Enable Audio Jack Popup: I have a Dell G15 5510 with windows 10, usually when I plug a device into the audio jack, a popup appears and lets me select whether it is a speaker or headphones. Recently this popup has stopped showing up. And when I plug in my speaker, the option for Headphones RealtekR...
  4. Re-Enable Audio Jack Popup

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Re-enabling audio jack pop up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-enabling audio jack pop up: I had a pop-up asking me what device is plugged and I clicked on mic and accidentally clicked on do not show in the future. I can't find the option to enable it again and everything I plug in, including my earphones now only work as external mics. I have found forums but...
  6. Re-enabling audio jack pop up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-enabling audio jack pop up: I had a pop up asking me what device is plugged and i clicked on mic and accidentally clicked on do not show in the future. I can't find the option to enable it again and everything I plug in, including my earphones now only work as external mics. I have found many forums...
  7. Re-enabling audio jack pop up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Re-enabling audio jack pop up: I had a pop up asking me what device is plugged and i clicked on mic and accidentally clicked on do not show in the future. I can't find the option to enable it again and everything I plug in, including my earphones now only work as external mics. I have found many forums...
  8. Re-enabling audio jack pop up

9. Audio Jack pop up

Audio Jack pop up: Hello I have a dell latitude e6320 laptop windows 10. When i plug my headset, the audio jack pop up does not appear. Please help. In mine realtek thingy is not there. Please help at the earliest. Thanks...
  10. How to enable the audio jack pop-up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to enable the audio jack pop-up: Fyi I'm using AMD High Definition Audio Device. I don't think I click the never show the popup option but somehow it just never show up again. I need to change my device from microphone to headphone....