Windows 10: Re-enabling audiojack popup

Discus and support Re-enabling audiojack popup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I disabled the popup that asks you what you just plugged in to your headphone jack a long time ago, because at the time I was using regular headphones... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Elenhiia, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Elenhiia Win User

Re-enabling audiojack popup

I disabled the popup that asks you what you just plugged in to your headphone jack a long time ago, because at the time I was using regular headphones and the window popping up whenever it got jostled was a problem. But I'm not anymore, and I want to connect something as a line-in device, but can't. Partially because the line-in device, under the sound options, shows as being assigned to a rear jack that isn't there (I'm on a laptop). I have Conexant ISST Audio and something called Bang and Olafson audio control panel which seems to be all enhancements. So this is a two-part question How do I re-enable that popup and is it possible to reassign the line-in option to another jack (well, my only jack)?

I thought that maybe, like the Realtek cards, there might be a control panel for it under hardware and sound but there isn't, so went and reinstalled my audio driver just in case, and picked over all the sound settings I could find, not sure where to go from here.

:)

Elenhiia, Sep 17, 2018
  2. Jsssssssss, Sep 17, 2018
  3. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Sep 17, 2018
  4. blueworld Win User

File Explorer jump list doesn't consistently show location popups

Thanks for your reply.

Whatever "it" is exactly, all I know is, it does not behave consistently. This is so across multiple systems. Also, it isn't just recent items, but pinned items that fail to produce the popup on mouse over (when they should).

If the File Explorer setting you're referring to is "Show pop-up description for folder and desktop items," I already have that turned on.

Based on my tests, I tend to think this is a bug. Did you try reproducing it?

1. Right click File Explorer in taskbar to open the jump list.
    2. Mouse over any of the pinned or recent folders and see if the popup with the location path appears (as shown in the screenshot with the original post).
    3. If it does appear, close out of the jump list by left clicking anywhere outside of it.
    4. Repeat steps 1-3 until you find the popups not appearing. In my experience, it always occurs, even if not right away. And all too often when I need them most.

blueworld, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Re-enabling audiojack popup - Similar Threads - enabling audiojack popup

2. Re-enable a device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Re-enable a device: I disabled my laptop because I thought it would get rid if the microsoft authenticator but it didn't. I want to re-enable my laptop so I can do some homework https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-enable-a-device/4d66c633-d016-4e54-bdb3-73425b7eb240
  3. Re-Enable Audio Jack Popup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-Enable Audio Jack Popup: I have a Dell G15 5510 with windows 10, usually when I plug a device into the audio jack, a popup appears and lets me select whether it is a speaker or headphones. Recently this popup has stopped showing up. And when I plug in my speaker, the option for Headphones RealtekR...
  4. Re-Enable Audio Jack Popup

Re-Enable Audio Jack Popup: I have a Dell G15 5510 with windows 10, usually when I plug a device into the audio jack, a popup appears and lets me select whether it is a speaker or headphones. Recently this popup has stopped showing up. And when I plug in my speaker, the option for Headphones RealtekR...
  5. Re-Enable Audio Jack Popup

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Re-Enable F11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-Enable F11: Lynn-MSFT is misinformed about the ability to either enable or disable the F11 fullscreen key. Mine is somehow disabled and I want it to work again. I DO NOT have an Fn key, so any remedy suggesting its use is ignorant, at best. Running a system file scan would not fix or...
  7. Re-Enable F11

Re-Enable F11: Lynn-MSFT is misinformed about the ability to either enable or disable the F11 fullscreen key. Mine is somehow disabled and I want it to work again. I DO NOT have an Fn key, so any remedy suggesting its use is ignorant, at best. Running a system file scan would not fix or...
  8. Re-Enable F11

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Re-enabling audiojack popup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Re-enabling audiojack popup: When i plug in my mic to the audio jack the popup does not show and it makes it a headphone so I can't use my mic. Pls help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-enabling-audiojack-popup/1edf1c81-e9cf-4018-a7f9-5b178dd22f3a
  10. Re-enable touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Re-enable touchpad: This morning, I disabled my touchpad to see if Windows 10 wouId automatically enable my touchscreen. It didn't, so now I can't use my laptop. Before I get a mouse to plug in, is there a way to re-enable my touchpad without a mouse? Thanks....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. re-enabling audio popups