Windows 10: Re-enabling disabled hard drive

Discus and support Re-enabling disabled hard drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have a MSI Gaming Plus B450 motherboard with an AMD 3700x installed in my system. While re-installing the windows 10, I accidentally disabled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NishikantS, May 21, 2020.

1. Re-enabling disabled hard drive

Hi,

I have a MSI Gaming Plus B450 motherboard with an AMD 3700x installed in my system.

While re-installing the windows 10, I accidentally disabled a drive and tried to enable it again, but it says its a RAW disk and you have to format to continue using it. I have many important files on it and I am afraid if I will lose it all. How can I re-enable it while I recover the old files in it. The HDD is working well.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Nishikant S Re-enabling disabled hard drive 293f0795-fc7d-463b-ba73-f440198f8261?upload=true.jpg

:)

NishikantS, May 21, 2020

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, May 21, 2020
  3. little cat, May 21, 2020
  4. Mathragh Win User

Re-enabling disabled hard drive

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, May 21, 2020
Thema:

Re-enabling disabled hard drive

1. Re-enabling disabled hard drive - Similar Threads - enabling disabled hard

2. Windows Defender disabled, and not re-enabling.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender disabled, and not re-enabling.: I was using bitdefender for a while, but now i uninstalled it. even after uninstalling it, my default windows defender is not working. Its showing "this page has been blocked by your IT Admin....." this only happend when some other Antivirus is installed! but i don't have...
  3. Windows Defender disabled, and not re-enabling.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender disabled, and not re-enabling.: I was using bitdefender for a while, but now i uninstalled it. even after uninstalling it, my default windows defender is not working. Its showing "this page has been blocked by your IT Admin....." this only happend when some other Antivirus is installed! but i don't have...
  4. Disable hard drive

Disable hard drive: Hi!I need to disable my secondary hard drive. I have already tried the device manager and disk management methods to disable it but the problem that I'm facing is that the "disable" option for that hard drive is itself disabled, i.e., it doesn't show up when I right-click on...
  5. Disable hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disable hard drive: Hi!I need to disable my secondary hard drive. I have already tried the device manager and disk management methods to disable it but the problem that I'm facing is that the "disable" option for that hard drive is itself disabled, i.e., it doesn't show up when I right-click on...
  6. Disable and Re-enabling Touchscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable and Re-enabling Touchscreen: I was wondering once you Disable your tocuhscreen, are you able to Enable it again after? Just asking before I make a mistake. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-and-re-enabling-touchscreen/0ea8942b-e1b9-4773-a5ef-8a226289eb83
  7. Disable and Re-enabling Touchscreen

Disable and Re-enabling Touchscreen: I was wondering once you Disable your tocuhscreen, are you able to Enable it again after? Just asking before I make a mistake. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-and-re-enabling-touchscreen/0ea8942b-e1b9-4773-a5ef-8a226289eb83
  8. Disable and Re-enabling Touchscreen

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Re-Partition Hard Drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Re-Partition Hard Drive?: Hello, since I first bought my new HP Pavilion it came set up with 118GB for the C drive and 931GB for the D drive. All of the software I install quickly takes up space in my C drive so I am constantly having to delete things to make room. I have a lot of software needed for...
  10. Interesting observation Re: disabling Hard Drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Interesting observation Re: disabling Hard Drives: I just noticed while investigating the disabling of hard drives in Device Manager in Win 10 that it doesn't require a reboot to set the status as is necessary in Windows 7. Any idea why? 56741

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i accidentally disabled a drive how do i reenable it

2. enable disabled hard drive windows 10