Windows 10: Re-enabling my built in keyboard

Discus and support Re-enabling my built in keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am a windows 10 user. My windows version is windows 10 version 1903. Recently I have uninstalled my built in keyboard driver due to facing some sort... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Omor_Faruk, May 10, 2020.

1. Re-enabling my built in keyboard

I am a windows 10 user. My windows version is windows 10 version 1903. Recently I have uninstalled my built in keyboard driver due to facing some sort of problem with it. Now I want to enable my built in keyboard. But I can't find the solution. I have tried the following methods-

• Troubleshoot keyboard
    • Device manager -> keyboardbut there is no option to enable it

:)

Omor_Faruk, May 10, 2020

2. Built-in laptop keyboard works in BIOD but not in Windows

Since that is the case and even updating the device driver does not allow the built-in keyboard to work in Windows 10, we suggest that you uninstall the current device driver of the built-in keyboard. Doing this will allow the system to install a clean copy
    of the device driver and correct any errors.

You can follow the steps on how to uninstall and reinstall the device driver for your built-in keyboard that is available through this

link
    . Refer to the last section of the article where the steps are indicated.

Regards.

Jordan Dom, May 10, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, May 10, 2020
  4. Re-enabling my built in keyboard

how to enable labtop keyboard

Hi Veronica,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

Let us know some more information to assist you in a better way:

• How did you disable the keyboard?
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    I suggest you to update the keyboard drivers form device manager and then restart your computer and check. follow the steps: Press
    Windows+R key on your desktop> Type devmgmt.msc>
    Right click on Keyboard drivers and select Update.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need further assistance and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, May 10, 2020
Thema:

Re-enabling my built in keyboard

1. Re-enabling my built in keyboard - Similar Threads - enabling built keyboard

2. Re-enable a device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Re-enable a device: I disabled my laptop because I thought it would get rid if the microsoft authenticator but it didn't. I want to re-enable my laptop so I can do some homework https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-enable-a-device/4d66c633-d016-4e54-bdb3-73425b7eb240
  3. reinstall/enable built in laptop keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reinstall/enable built in laptop keyboard: I currently had problems with my laptop keyboard, as it wasn't working properly but randomly hitting keys, writing in every text box or 'tabbing' through the whole home screen. Loggin in was complicated too, on-screen and usb keyboards worked, but the built-in keyboard didn't...
  4. reinstall/enable built in laptop keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    reinstall/enable built in laptop keyboard: I currently had problems with my laptop keyboard, as it wasn't working properly but randomly hitting keys, writing in every text box or 'tabbing' through the whole home screen. Loggin in was complicated too, on-screen and usb keyboards worked, but the built-in keyboard didn't...
  5. reinstall/enable built in laptop keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Re-enable touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Re-enable touchpad: This morning, I disabled my touchpad to see if Windows 10 wouId automatically enable my touchscreen. It didn't, so now I can't use my laptop. Before I get a mouse to plug in, is there a way to re-enable my touchpad without a mouse? Thanks....
  7. Re-enable windows key (on keyboard with cmd)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Re-enable windows key (on keyboard with cmd): Ok so basically a few years back I broke my arm and had a cast on for quite a while, and during this period I would almost always be on my pc. The thing is the cast would always hit my windows key since it was my left arm, therefore tabbing me out of whatever game I was...
  8. How to re enable my monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to re enable my monitor: Help, I think I’ve ruined hubbys pc! I was trying to connect a second monitor on windows 10. Tried to update display on device manager. Didn’t work. On a forum someone suggested rather than update to disable then re enable but once I pressed disabled the screen went black and...
  9. How to re enable my monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    How to re enable my monitor: Help, I think I’ve ruined hubbys pc! I was trying to connect a second monitor on windows 10. Tried to update display on device manager. Didn’t work. On a forum someone suggested rather than update to disable then re enable but once I pressed disabled the screen went black and...
  10. RE : built-in system restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    RE : built-in system restore: This is NOT for Insider version. Win 10 ver 1903 Build 17763.475. Issue : Win 10 built-in system restore has not been working for quite a while. Question : Is MS planning to fix it at all? Does anyone know ? I am not interested in the "alternative" . I just want to know if...