Windows 10: Re-enabling secure boot after trying out non-WHQL USB 3.1 drivers

Discus and support Re-enabling secure boot after trying out non-WHQL USB 3.1 drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The USB 3.1 drivers found here are non-WHQL drivers and need Secure Boot to be disabled for the OS to boot. Take note that this is a legit site and is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kevindd992002, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Re-enabling secure boot after trying out non-WHQL USB 3.1 drivers

The USB 3.1 drivers found here are non-WHQL drivers and need Secure Boot to be disabled for the OS to boot. Take note that this is a legit site and is actually a famous one, in case you guys aren't familiar with it.

So after trying out these drivers, I decided to use the default Windows 10 WHQL drivers and re-enable Secure Boot. The issue is that my system won't boot (just loops into Automatic Repair) whenever I have Secure Boot enabled. It looks like it's still detecting the non-WHQL drivers but I'm sure they aren't anymore, unless I'm missing something here. Is there a way to check if all my drivers are WHQL-certified or are there any other checks I need to do for Secure Boot to be re-enabled?

:)

kevindd992002, Sep 29, 2019
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Sep 29, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Usb boot

In your BIOS, disable Secure Boot, enable Legacy Boot, enable CSM if Required/available

Then if the option to enable USB Boot appears, enable it

Then your USB flash Drive should appear in the boot list

If it still does not, plug it into another USB port, preferable not beside the one it is currently plugged into and try again to see if it appears in the boot menu . . .

DaveM121, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Re-enabling secure boot after trying out non-WHQL USB 3.1 drivers

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

PCIx1 empty slot ?
    Disable USB 3.0 (In the BIOS to disable the two options of USB 3.0)

-=LeKtoR=-, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

Re-enabling secure boot after trying out non-WHQL USB 3.1 drivers

1. Re-enabling secure boot after trying out non-WHQL USB 3.1 drivers - Similar Threads - enabling secure boot

2. Re-enable Secure Boot - Dell XPS8930

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-enable Secure Boot - Dell XPS8930: I upgraded my Dell XPS 8930 from Windows 10 to Windows 11. After the upgrade, boot from disc and USB drive disappeared from my boot order in BIOS and were no longer available as boot options. Only UEFI Options were Windows Boot Manager on my SSDD, Windows Boot Manager on my...
  3. Re-enable Secure Boot - Dell XPS8930

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Re-enable Secure Boot - Dell XPS8930: I upgraded my Dell XPS 8930 from Windows 10 to Windows 11. After the upgrade, boot from disc and USB drive disappeared from my boot order in BIOS and were no longer available as boot options. Only UEFI Options were Windows Boot Manager on my SSDD, Windows Boot Manager on my...
  4. Re-enable secure boot after dualing boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-enable secure boot after dualing boot: I just finish dual booting my computer with windows 11 and Ubuntu 20.04. In order to dual boot I had to disable secure boot, and now that I'm done with the installation process i was wondering if a can enable secure boot again or if that will not let me initiate Ubuntu....
  5. Re-enable secure boot after dualing boot

Re-enable secure boot after dualing boot: I just finish dual booting my computer with windows 11 and Ubuntu 20.04. In order to dual boot I had to disable secure boot, and now that I'm done with the installation process i was wondering if a can enable secure boot again or if that will not let me initiate Ubuntu....
  6. tried to enable secure boot

tried to enable secure boot: I have tried to enable secure boot my monitor went black with onboard hdmi and nvida 2060so I guess I won't be updating to windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tried-to-enable-secure-boot/709edfe1-6eca-48d1-954d-6da2e897c73c
  7. tried to enable secure boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tried to enable secure boot: I have tried to enable secure boot my monitor went black with onboard hdmi and nvida 2060so I guess I won't be updating to windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tried-to-enable-secure-boot/709edfe1-6eca-48d1-954d-6da2e897c73c
  8. tried to enable secure boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Windows 10 WHQL, Secure Boot and Driver Signing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 WHQL, Secure Boot and Driver Signing: Hi I've been running my PC without Secure Boot enabled now for some time, maybe years, without any problems. However, I've been looking into what Secure Boot does and now want to enable it. Snag is that to do that I have to enable Windows 10 WHQL which looks to see if all...
  10. How enabling secure boot grayed out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How enabling secure boot grayed out: Notebook HP, Windows 10 pro oem, gpt mode no legacy. Issue: in uefi setup original settings, I didn't change anything since purchasing secure boot is on disabled and it's impossible to set to enabled grayed out. Platform key is on not enrolled. In factory installed OS there...