Windows 10: Re-enabling secure boot after trying out non-WHQL USB 3.1 drivers

Discus and support Re-enabling secure boot after trying out non-WHQL USB 3.1 drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The USB 3.1 drivers found here are non-WHQL drivers and need Secure Boot to be disabled for the OS to boot. Take note that this is a legit site and is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kevindd992002, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Re-enabling secure boot after trying out non-WHQL USB 3.1 drivers

The USB 3.1 drivers found here are non-WHQL drivers and need Secure Boot to be disabled for the OS to boot. Take note that this is a legit site and is actually a famous one, in case you guys aren't familiar with it.

So after trying out these drivers, I decided to use the default Windows 10 WHQL drivers and re-enable Secure Boot. The issue is that my system won't boot (just loops into Automatic Repair) whenever I have Secure Boot enabled. It looks like it's still detecting the non-WHQL drivers but I'm sure they aren't anymore, unless I'm missing something here. Is there a way to check if all my drivers are WHQL-certified or are there any other checks I need to do for Secure Boot to be re-enabled?

:)

kevindd992002, Sep 29, 2019
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Sep 29, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Usb boot

In your BIOS, disable Secure Boot, enable Legacy Boot, enable CSM if Required/available

Then if the option to enable USB Boot appears, enable it

Then your USB flash Drive should appear in the boot list

If it still does not, plug it into another USB port, preferable not beside the one it is currently plugged into and try again to see if it appears in the boot menu . . .

DaveM121, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Re-enabling secure boot after trying out non-WHQL USB 3.1 drivers

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

PCIx1 empty slot ?
    Disable USB 3.0 (In the BIOS to disable the two options of USB 3.0)

-=LeKtoR=-, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

Re-enabling secure boot after trying out non-WHQL USB 3.1 drivers

1. Re-enabling secure boot after trying out non-WHQL USB 3.1 drivers - Similar Threads - enabling secure boot

2. Issue with USB 3 & Win RE

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Issue with USB 3 & Win RE: I recently attempted to restore my W10 system image to a new SSD via a Macrium-created Win RE USB recovery medium. The image was created, verified and saved to an external HDD in a USB 3 compatible drive dock (both HDD & USB stick connected via USB 3 ports). Several attempts...
  3. How to re-enable driver signature enforcement?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to re-enable driver signature enforcement?: I recently disabled driver signature enforcement for a different driver I installed, but I don't know how to re-enable it. I've searched through the FAQs and all of them say to do the command in command prompt "bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON". When I tried to do that it wouldn't...
  4. How to submit a Non PNP driver for WHQL that the class is unknown?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to submit a Non PNP driver for WHQL that the class is unknown?: Hello, I have a non PNP driver, it’s a kernel service not for a hardware device. I know it needs INF file to submit the WHQL, but it hard for me to find a proper “class” for my driver, how can I specify the “Class” and “ClassGuid” in the INF file for the driver? Can I use...
  5. Re-enable driver driver signature enforcement ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Re-enable driver driver signature enforcement ?: Hello , so , i disabled driver signature enforcement setting , by pressing the shift key , then restart , startup options then f7. I uninnstalled the driver that i've used , so how do i re-enable driver signature enforcement ? or it re-enables it-self automatically after an...
  6. enable secure boot

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    enable secure boot: How do I enable Secure Boot? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/enable-secure-boot/2cb66ff5-ca78-43df-852f-7ed0f03bd331"
  7. USB 3 - Windows check if UASP enabled

USB 3 - Windows check if UASP enabled: Hi there Is it possible to find out in Windows if UASP on USB 3 ports are enabled -- On Linux it's easy - simply type lsusb and if a device shows driver=UAS anywhere then it's working Any way in Windows to see if it's enabled. The reason is that when using external...
  8. Safe mode unavailable after enabling secure boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe mode unavailable after enabling secure boot: Hello, I've installed Win10 without UEFI/secure boot (a classic MBR drive with NTFS), a few days ago I used mbr2gpt to convert the system drive to GPT and then enabled UEFI and Secure Boot by enrolling the EFI keys from bootx64.efi in my BIOS. From that point I've lost the...
  9. Re-enable 'unsigned' driver settings after installing an unsigned drvr

Re-enable 'unsigned' driver settings after installing an unsigned drvr: OK, first post in this forum, please bear with me. I did try to research BUT all I found was how to disable the unsigned driver block. I followed this tutorial: 1. Click on the Start Menu, Click on power, then hold the Shift key and click Restart at the same time. 2....
  10. UEFI Installation With Secure boot enabled

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UEFI Installation With Secure boot enabled: Hello tech guys, i need emergency help, i posting this thread from my frined's computer, i have a HP laptop, and few days ago i send it to tech shop for motherboard repair, and they did it as well, but after few days i am facing problem with BIOS, i cant change bios...