Windows 10: Re-enabling Windows Update online updates after disabling via GPO Windows 10

Discus and support Re-enabling Windows Update online updates after disabling via GPO Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've been dealing with this issue for a while. Enterprise wide, we use SCCM for our updates. There are few very specialized workstations that can only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Grandus, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Grandus Win User

Re-enabling Windows Update online updates after disabling via GPO Windows 10

I've been dealing with this issue for a while. Enterprise wide, we use SCCM for our updates. There are few very specialized workstations that can only be updated manually for a host of reasons. I've created a new GPO for them that basically reverses the one that prevents reaching out to Microsoft update, yet I still get a failure with an 0x80245006 error. There are tons of guides on setting up the GPO to block Windows Update, but I've had no luck finding anything to unblock and allow it.

:)

Grandus, Sep 12, 2018
  2. W1zzard Win User

Windows 10 update being enabled.

My experience was that disabling Windows Update service works for a while until suddenly that service is magically enabled again and starts updating everything.

W1zzard, Sep 12, 2018
  3. Knoxx29 Win User
    Windows 10 update being enabled.

Good to know, i will check later to see if it's still disabled.

Knoxx29, Sep 12, 2018
  4. MrGenius Win User

MrGenius, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Re-enabling Windows Update online updates after disabling via GPO Windows 10 - Similar Threads - enabling Update online

2. Enable PS-Remoting via GPO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable PS-Remoting via GPO: Good day,I have a bit of an issue. I need to be able to Enter-PSSession across my domain, but it does not work until on the client computer I run Enable-PSRemoting from the end point. I have GPO configured and have read 'guides' that all say to setup GPO the same so I have my...
  3. Enable PS-Remoting via GPO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable PS-Remoting via GPO: Good day,I have a bit of an issue. I need to be able to Enter-PSSession across my domain, but it does not work until on the client computer I run Enable-PSRemoting from the end point. I have GPO configured and have read 'guides' that all say to setup GPO the same so I have my...
  4. Enable PS-Remoting via GPO

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unable to update Windows 10 via GPO

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to update Windows 10 via GPO: I have about 250 laptops and 160 desktops in my organizationI am not using SCCM for windows update yet. I do not mind them connecting to internet to download updates from MicrosoftThe issue is I am unable to force them to update via GPO that I configuredComputer Config \...
  6. Unable to update Windows 10 via GPO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to update Windows 10 via GPO: I have about 250 laptops and 160 desktops in my organizationI am not using SCCM for windows update yet. I do not mind them connecting to internet to download updates from MicrosoftThe issue is I am unable to force them to update via GPO that I configuredComputer Config \...
  7. Unable to update Windows 10 via GPO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Unable to re-enable windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to re-enable windows 10 update: So I was just surfing on the internet, was seeing whats new on reddit and discord, and then I saw someone saying blender was made in python idk if it is true or not. So I went to microsoft store to install python, but then I got a weird error 0x80070422 saying I have to...
  9. Enable / Disable windows updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Enable / Disable windows updates: Hello,Referring to tutorial 8013- enable-disable-windows-update.....Using "Wu10Man", you say that after setting it, it can be closed.Using "WAU Manager", this has to run all the time in the background or just when needed ?Answers will be appreciated.Thankswindows 10 pro x64,...
  10. Disable win 10 update it re-enabled itself?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Disable win 10 update it re-enabled itself?: Using Win 10 Pro 1809, if i go into services, windows update, properties, startup type set to disabled. It seems to re-enable itself later on if not after a reboot. How does one stop it? I have reason to believe it is hard locking up my PC. it's listed in the error log...