Windows 10: Re-enter credentials after changing password

Discus and support Re-enter credentials after changing password in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently changed my password for Microsoft and my Hotmail email account. I now see the one drive icon in my toolbar with a red X. I click on it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JackFischbein, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Re-enter credentials after changing password

I recently changed my password for Microsoft and my Hotmail email account. I now see the one drive icon in my toolbar with a red X.

I click on it and I get a screen saying"OneDrive needs your attention" asking me to Sign In.

When I click on SIGN IN I get a script error asking me to continue YES or NO. Nothing happen when I click on either YES or NO.

Note that I do not currently sync to one drive. I am able to access OneDrive without issue.

Advise?

:)

JackFischbein, Jun 24, 2020

2. Enter Network Credentials after Windows 10 update. What are they?

Thanks for the update. May we know the version of your Windows 10 laptop?

We would also want to verify if you have also tried to used the username and password from laptop Credential Manager details? You may check your laptop Web Credentials by following the steps below:

• Press the "Windows + S" keys on your keyboard and type in "Web Credentials", press "Enter" to get a pop-up screen "Manage your credentials".

• Below the "Web Credentials" button, you should see "Web Passwords", expand the section to see your username and password.

We will wait for your reply.

Dantley Mon, Jun 24, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jun 24, 2020
  4. MCK
    mck Win User

Re-enter credentials after changing password

How can I find the password for my Windows 10 laptop?

I found a solution to my problem. What I did was:
    1. Open Network & Sharing Center on the laptop.
    2. Click "Change advanced sharing settings"
    3. Expand the "All Networks" item.
    4. Change "Password protected sharing" from On to Off.

Now when I click my laptop name in File Explorer > Networks, it just shows my shared folder without asking for a network credentials password. This is how it used to work before.

Hope this helps others,

Thema:

Re-enter credentials after changing password

1. Re-enter credentials after changing password - Similar Threads - enter credentials changing

2. enter credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    enter credentials: my system is not find speaker i uninstall it at device manager and restart system to fix that but icant enter windows the cmd is open and need me credentials password i cant open setup setting our everything...
  3. enter credentials

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    enter credentials: my system is not find speaker i uninstall it at device manager and restart system to fix that but icant enter windows the cmd is open and need me credentials password i cant open setup setting our everything...
  4. enter credentials

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. credentials can not be verified, enter password. I enter password and it does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    credentials can not be verified, enter password. I enter password and it does not work: credentials can not be verified, enter password. I enter password and it does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/credentials-can-not-be-verified-enter-password-i/8596f8c1-2859-481a-adc5-d2666ba33830
  6. credentials can not be verified, enter password. I enter password and it does not work

credentials can not be verified, enter password. I enter password and it does not work: credentials can not be verified, enter password. I enter password and it does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/credentials-can-not-be-verified-enter-password-i/8596f8c1-2859-481a-adc5-d2666ba33830
  7. Enter credential?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enter credential?: I just got a screen of a cmd saying "enter credentials for asus or hit esc to switch users /sign-in methods i never put password in this laptop and i typed everything until a reseting pwd poped up here Enter password: "And I tried resseting password hereA help will make me...
  8. Enter credential?

Enter credential?: I just got a screen of a cmd saying "enter credentials for asus or hit esc to switch users /sign-in methods i never put password in this laptop and i typed everything until a reseting pwd poped up here Enter password: "And I tried resseting password hereA help will make me...
  9. Password re-entering

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password re-entering: Hii, I'm daily notified for re-entering my password. But I not changed my password. What must to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-re-entering/aa1ebdb5-d170-4d9c-8c4a-fa7e9e25e0be"
  10. Re Enter Network Credentials for File History error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Re Enter Network Credentials for File History error: Hi everyone. Every few days I receive a message pop up stating please re-enter network credentials for file history, to back up to my NAS. I then have to go into File History, turn off and then turn back on. It then works straight away (with no need to enter my password...