Windows 10: RE: Ethernet shows connection but will not appear 'work'

Discus and support RE: Ethernet shows connection but will not appear 'work' in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello Recently the adapters I was using for many years stopped working. They worked fine for years, then they started to work on and off (i.e... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VLADDIGBY, Oct 6, 2018.

1. VLADDIGBY Win User

RE: Ethernet shows connection but will not appear 'work'

Hello

Recently the adapters I was using for many years stopped working. They worked fine for years, then they started to work on and off (i.e sometime the connection worked and sometimes not. Not they do not work at all ever although if one looks at the control panel>change adapter settings then right click on the connection 'icon' and select status. The connection appears to work as packets of data are being sent and revived? At the bottom left of the screen the Ethernet 'icon' has the dreaded yellow exclamation mark through it. I have tried to trouble shoot as far as I dare go. Tried making changes in the 'modems?' (is that the right terminology) or 'Ethernet adapter' settings i.e Ethernet Properties>configure options but nothing seems to work (or make the connection work? Anyone with any experience of knowledge in the subject any potential helpful information would be much appreciated. Thanks for the time. Below is an image of the adapter status showing data packets t being sent and data packets are received all though it does not show on the image this is just because I did not give the connection time to receive any but it does receive. And the screen icons 'flash' like they do when the connection is working fine' (i.e the connection is shown in the [ ipconfig /all ] command line to be working) and obviously the connection allows me to access the Internet/WWW ect. As it stands the connection will not even accommodate data transfers within the LAN. Like mentioned and advice would be appreciated. Thanks for the time

RE: Ethernet shows connection but will not appear 'work' b6a31abe-d01e-424a-81d5-fc98d42802d4?upload=true.jpg

Best Regards

:)

VLADDIGBY, Oct 6, 2018

2. Ethernet shows red X and does not appear in settings, but still works

Not sure why this is happening. I have working ethernet and am connected, it works fine. But the taskbar icon shows a red X over it, and the tooltip says "Not Connected - No connections are available". Looking in "Network & Internet", ethernet is not even listed there. And before anyone suggests wireless interference .. this PC does not have a wireless card or integrated wireless.

winderpExpress, Oct 6, 2018
  3. sgage Win User
    Ethernet shows red X and does not appear in settings, but still works

Are you using an Insider build? This is a known issue in one recent one (can't remember which one). I believe the latest preview build fixes it.

sgage, Oct 6, 2018
  4. RE: Ethernet shows connection but will not appear 'work'

Ethernet connection not showing up

I have a Dell XPS 8300. I upgraded to Windows 10 and the Ethernet connect stopped working and showing up. The wireless connection shows up and and works. However turning off the WiFi also makes the intergrity light go out on the Ethernet connection. When
    I go to "View Your Network Properties" The Ethernet connection is list and working along with the Wifi. If I go to the Device Manager and look at the network adapters the ethenet connection is reported as working correctly. The motherboard ethernat uses Broadcom
    BCM57788 chip.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks, Joe

JosephO.Marsh, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

RE: Ethernet shows connection but will not appear 'work'

1. RE: Ethernet shows connection but will not appear 'work' - Similar Threads - Ethernet shows connection

2. Ethernet showing not connected but working fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet showing not connected but working fine: Hello,as the title says my Ethernet is showing not connected but its working fine. I also cant use any Microsoft related ProgrammsMicrosoft Store, online search in Powerpoint.... I dont know what to do and i have tried everything. I also cannot access my Network Settings....
  3. Ethernet showing not connected but working fine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet showing not connected but working fine: Hello,as the title says my Ethernet is showing not connected but its working fine. I also cant use any Microsoft related ProgrammsMicrosoft Store, online search in Powerpoint.... I dont know what to do and i have tried everything. I also cannot access my Network Settings....
  4. Ethernet showing not connected but working fine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Ethernet connection not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet connection not working: Hi, my LAN cable suddenly stopped working despite being perfectly fine the night before. The cable is still plugged in but my laptop isn't recognizing it.I tried check the wires if there's any physical damage, but there's none. I tried following other forums by restarting my...
  6. Ethernet connection not working

Ethernet connection not working: Hi, my LAN cable suddenly stopped working despite being perfectly fine the night before. The cable is still plugged in but my laptop isn't recognizing it.I tried check the wires if there's any physical damage, but there's none. I tried following other forums by restarting my...
  7. Ethernet connection appearing as 5 GHz

Ethernet connection appearing as 5 GHz: My ethernet connection suddenly appeared as being a 5 GHz connection after a windows update and does not work. I am able to use WiFi but not ethernet. I know it is not the cable as it works on other devices. Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  8. Ethernet showing not connected but internet still working.

Ethernet showing not connected but internet still working.: Hi all. Recently had a string of BSOD's on start up, but once im onton the desktop, it works fine. I decided to do a fresh install of windows while keeping my personal files. All this went smoothly, but once i was logged in, i couldn't use the update service, Microsoft...
  9. Ethernet connection not working on freshly re-imaged laptop

Ethernet connection not working on freshly re-imaged laptop: Hello, On a newly re-imaged laptop (used this W10 image on these Dell laptops all the time with no prior issues), the ethernet connection will not take me to the web. I'm not getting any errors and all signs point to it being successfully connected. Troubleshooter gives me...
  10. Ethernet showing but not connected.

Ethernet showing but not connected.: I have not connected to ethernet but still it is showing connected with no name and due to this I cannot start a wifi hotspot on my laptop.[IMG]...