Windows 10: Re: External docking device.

Discus and support Re: External docking device. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently obtained a refurbished desktop for 90 bux. It has an adequate cpu as well as Win 10. The problem being that the hdd is tiny. I also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jazbarz, Mar 29, 2019.

1. jazbarz Win User

Re: External docking device.

I recently obtained a refurbished desktop for 90 bux. It has an adequate cpu as well as Win 10. The problem being that

the hdd is tiny. I also purchased a WDC hdd, size 2T I could plug into an External dd. Everything went swimmingly

until the Ext dd was started. The familiar initialize noises occurred but no recognition. This has happened in the past

but never with a West Dig hd. I've combed the D top for some function like 'searching for new hardware,' but there

is none. Should I just return it to MicroCen? Annoyed.

:)

jazbarz, Mar 29, 2019
  2. Junaid_A Win User

HDD Docking

Hi Tonyo,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • What is the make and model of the docking station?

The computer docking connections located on the bottom of the computer vary between computer models. For the docking station to work properly, the docking posts, eject mechanisms, and electrical connections on the docking station must be compatible
    with the connections on your computer model.

Meanwhile, if the docking station is compatible, you may update the device drivers for your docking station and check if it works.

Update device drivers for docking station:

• Open the PC manufacturer support Web site, search for the
      Docking Station Driver for your PC model.
    • Install the driver suggested and check.

If the issue persists, update the BIOS and try connecting the Docking Station again.

Note:

Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the
    configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Mar 29, 2019
  3. jackin Win User
    I cannot connect to home Wi-Fi off the docking station but not on docking station.

1. I cannot connect to home Wi-Fi off the docking station but not on docking station.
    2. When i'm on docking station system says i'm connected to home Wi-Fi, but when i browse says not connected.
    3. Other devices connected to home Wi-Fi has no issue.
    4. What steps can i take to resolve the issue other than updating Wi-Fi adapter driver?

jackin, Mar 29, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

New Version of Surface Dock Updater Available

Source: New Version of Surface Dock Updater Available Surface

Brink, Mar 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Re: External docking device. - Similar Threads - External docking device

2. Repeatable crash with external drive dock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeatable crash with external drive dock: I've found an issue with windows hard crashing while using an external drive dock. This originally occurred on windows 10 on a separate computer, but i've discovered it also occurs on a new computer on windows 11, and will occur with different drives in the dock. The only...
  3. Repeatable crash with external drive dock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repeatable crash with external drive dock: I've found an issue with windows hard crashing while using an external drive dock. This originally occurred on windows 10 on a separate computer, but i've discovered it also occurs on a new computer on windows 11, and will occur with different drives in the dock. The only...
  4. External drive docking port not seen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External drive docking port not seen: Hello, I recently purchased a "All In 1 HDD Docking" device. It has ability to slide in either a SATA or an IDE disk drive and connects via USB. It also has ports for SD cards and memory sticks, and also 2 USB ports for thumb drives. On my PC, the SD and thumb drive...
  5. Docked laptop loses external monitor orientation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Docked laptop loses external monitor orientation: I am having some issues with some of our HP 840 G5's. The problem is that when the laptop is docked to a 2013 Ultraslim dock, and is left unattended for a period of time, locked, or is removed and returned to the dock the two external monitors attached by DisplayPort cables...
  6. External Devices

External Devices: How can i get my routers history to find out if my gf is sending out uploads via ethernet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-devices/22e50db1-4d77-45e0-95ea-943ddef554ea
  7. Re-plugging external USB devices after servicing your PC

Re-plugging external USB devices after servicing your PC: I was always curious, when you have to plug back all your external USB devices for your desktop (say, after you upgraded RAM, or put in a larger hard drive, or just after cleaning it) -- does it matter to remember how things were plugged in so that I can put everything back...
  8. Surface Display Dock not showing external monitor

Surface Display Dock not showing external monitor: Hi! So i have in my possession a Surface Display Dock which was originally use for Lumia Continuum. I'm plugging it into my Laptop (MSI, Core i7-8750H, GTX1650 Max-Q). The Dock has been detected and i can use the USB port on it for my Keyboard and mouse, The drivers are...
  9. docked laptop loses external monitor orientation

docked laptop loses external monitor orientation: I am having some issues with some of our HP 840 G5's. The problem is that when the laptop is docked to a 2013 Ultraslim dock, and is left unattended for a period of time, locked, or is removed and returned to the dock the two external monitors attached by DisplayPort cables...
  10. external devices

external devices: I can't see a specific hard drive in the list. It shows the C drive and one other external hard drive but will no display my Lacie Fuel. This problem just occurred. In the past it has shown up....