Windows 10: RE: Fail to boot into windows after waking from Hibernate

Discus and support RE: Fail to boot into windows after waking from Hibernate in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi All, im hoping someone here could help me with this extremely frustrating problem of mine. I've recently built a new custom PC and it has this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GFarzy, Apr 8, 2021.

1. GFarzy Win User

RE: Fail to boot into windows after waking from Hibernate

Hi All,

im hoping someone here could help me with this extremely frustrating problem of mine.

I've recently built a new custom PC and it has this issue where whenever i put it into hibernate for the night and wake it up the next day, the BIOS splash screen shows, then it doesnt boot into windows, the whole pc shuts down and i have to reboot it again. I've reinstalled windows, ive done the "reset this pc" option, and nothing seems to fix it. I found that someone recommended downloading a program called "BlueScreenView" to identify the issue, and ive done this and it seems that everytime this happens its to do with ntoskrnl.exe, and under "Bug Check String" majority of the time its "INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR" and sometimes on rare occasions its "MEMORY MANAGEMENT". When this first happened i thought its to do with my PSU, so ive changed my PSU and didnt fix anything, then i thought maybe its my RAM, ive done numerous RAM tests such as the built in windows memory diagnostic tool, memtest82 and none of them show any error towards my RAM, so next i started benchmarking my CPU, no errors, no crashes nothing, then i went for my GPU, benchmarking my GPU and again, no errors, no crashes nothing. I've also ran command prompt commands such as "CHKDSK" , ran "DISM" and "SFC /SCANNOW" everything is fine. I literally cannot figure out why ntoskrnl.exe is failing. On "BlueScreenView" under "Address In Stack" it shows "ntoskrnl.exe+9a07ee".

I'm hoping someone can help me fix this issue of mine.

Thanks in advance.

P.S: if you need my dump files please explain how i can upload them as i do not see an option to uploading files here.

:)

GFarzy, Apr 8, 2021
  2. yakideo Win User

S4 (hibernation) USB/network wake up

Hi,

I have this annoying problem. When my computer enters the S4 powerstate (hibernation) I can wake it up by just clicking with the mouse. Even when EuP is enabled the mouse can still wake up the computer. After a night of sleep I find the computer powered on. So not only can the mouse wake up the system, it also seems that network traffic can too.

I thought that hibernation was like power off but with the option to save the RAM to disk. At least before I always need to push the power button to boot after hibernation.

Any suggestions?

Asus P7P55D-E
    Windows 7

yakideo, Apr 8, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 randomly waking from hibernation

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Stop the Network from Waking Your PC

a. Press Windows key + X and select
    Device Manager.

b. In Device Manager, under
    Network Adapter,
    Right click and select properties.

c. Go to the Power Management tab. uncheck the box that says: "allow computer to turn off this device to save power".

d. you'll find an “Allow this device to wake the computer” check box, which you should uncheck.

Step2: Run the
    Power troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with power. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Power.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

Windows 10 wakes randomly from hibernate

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Apr 8, 2021
  4. DaleDarin Win User

WIndows 10 will not wake up from sleep or hibernation

I am running windows 10 19041.388 on an HP All in One PC and cannot get it to wake up from sleep. I have done the following:

1. Allow mouse and keyboard to allow device to wake up computer.
    2. Updated drivers
    3. Turn off fast start up
    4. Re-enable Hibernation via Command Prompt
    5. USB Selective Suspend Setting - Disabled
    I have tried the above steps using both a wired HP mouse and a wireless Jelley Comb mouse

DaleDarin, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

1. RE: Fail to boot into windows after waking from Hibernate - Similar Threads - Fail boot waking

2. Windows Setup After Waking From Hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Setup After Waking From Hibernation: Hi, randomly my laptop will enter the windows 11 setup screen after boot up -- as if I've just started the computer for the first time. It only goes through a handful of Qs but not the full setup. For example, it asks if I want to use Bing as my default search provider in...
  3. Windows Setup After Waking From Hibernation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Setup After Waking From Hibernation: Hi, randomly my laptop will enter the windows 11 setup screen after boot up -- as if I've just started the computer for the first time. It only goes through a handful of Qs but not the full setup. For example, it asks if I want to use Bing as my default search provider in...
  4. Flickering screen after waking from Hibernation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Flickering screen after waking from Hibernation: On my Lenovo Yoga C940 running Windows 10 Pro 21H1, I have the issue of a flickering black screen when I resume the device from hibernation and I move the mouse or glidepad cursor around the screen touch screen is working without issues.I have reinstalled the system from...
  5. Flickering screen after waking from Hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flickering screen after waking from Hibernation: On my Lenovo Yoga C940 running Windows 10 Pro 21H1, I have the issue of a flickering black screen when I resume the device from hibernation and I move the mouse or glidepad cursor around the screen touch screen is working without issues.I have reinstalled the system from...
  6. Flickering screen after waking from Hibernation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. System waking from hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    System waking from hibernate: I have used gpedit.msc to set Enable Windows Update Power Management to disabled but still I come back to my laptop after hibernating it and find it is awake and that powercfg -lastwake shows: C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg -lastwake Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0]...
  8. Wake from hibernation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wake from hibernation: My system goes into Hibernate mode in 180 minutes when I don’t use it and I have to wake it up by pressing the power button. The problem is that I use my laptop mainly as a desktop machine and need to lift the lid and press the button often. Is there any way to wake up the...
  9. Chrome taskbar windows re-align on hibernate wake

in Windows 10 Support
    Chrome taskbar windows re-align on hibernate wake: I usually only have multiple windows open in Chrome (which isn't very often anyways) so I don't know if this happens with any other program (I've never shut my laptop lid while other programs had multiple windows open that I remember), but it means that I have to close the...
  10. Strange behavior after waking from hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange behavior after waking from hibernate: Lately my computer has been doing strange things after waking from hibernate. The first time 2 days ago after waking from hibernate my monitor did not wake up and just remained a black screen, yet after i restarted the computer it acted as if i had just woken it and the...