Windows 10: Re: Failed Reinstall of Windows 10

Discus and support Re: Failed Reinstall of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I attempted to do a fresh reinstall of Windows 10 on my 3 yr old HP. At near completion the system needed to download updates yet lost the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sage.Granny, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Re: Failed Reinstall of Windows 10

Hello,

I attempted to do a fresh reinstall of Windows 10 on my 3 yr old HP. At near completion the system needed to download updates yet lost the connection to the internet. I attempted several times to reconnect to the internet, a no go. Stuck in blue screen. I didn't invest a whole lot in this machine yet I'm not one to just dump it in the recycle bin after just 3 years. Can I recover the hard drive with the Win OS intact or is this a waste of time & money? I'd appreciate suggestions if any exist, thank you!

:)

Sage.Granny, Jun 12, 2019

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jun 12, 2019
  3. MrGenius Win User
    [Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! Re: Failed Reinstall of Windows 10 :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Re: Failed Reinstall of Windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Re: Failed Reinstall of Windows 10

1. Re: Failed Reinstall of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Failed Reinstall

2. Ox800737-Ox20003 after failed reinstallation of Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Ox800737-Ox20003 after failed reinstallation of Windows 10 Pro: Ox800737-Ox20003 The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during INSTALL- UPDATES operation I am running Windows 10 Pro1903 already and all I have noticed on my machine is the missing brightness slider bar in the action center. I updated recently...
  3. Windows 10 reinstall from DVD failed - stops at blue Windows logo

Windows 10 reinstall from DVD failed - stops at blue Windows logo: I am trying to reinstall Windows from a DVD from the Media Creation Tool. I can boot from the DVD but then I just get the blue Windows logo for a minute and the screen goes to black. Any suggestions on what I can do?...
  4. Failed Windows 10 Home activation at reinstall

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Failed Windows 10 Home activation at reinstall: Greetings, My PC that was already activated after switching from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home. Then, I accidently used Windows 10 Home > Pro tool from Microsoft Store. Now I've got Windows 10 Enterprise which is obviously inactivated. Trying to reinstall Windows 10...
  5. 'Fresh Start' failed. How do I reinstall a fresh windows 10 operating system?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    'Fresh Start' failed. How do I reinstall a fresh windows 10 operating system?: Something went wrong with an update or something happened at some point. At first, the update worker would run and eventually crash the computer, I did solution 4 here https://windowsreport.com/tiworker-exe-causes-high-disk-usage/, the crashing stopped thereafter, however I...
  6. Windows 10 reinstall from USB failed (preparing devices 57%)

Windows 10 reinstall from USB failed (preparing devices 57%): Hi - My computer had Windows 10 and I was looking to do a clean install, but keeping files on Windows.old. I installed Windows 10 ISO on a pendrive, booted it, chose custom install, chose the principal Windows partition, all went ok, it restarted, and when booting up...
  7. windows 10 reinstall fail

windows 10 reinstall fail: I have had to reinstall windows 7 pro because windows 10 crashed and would not run. now when I try to reinstall wndows 10 it keeps faiing .Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-reinstall-fail/06ae4723-bbd3-46a1-bb57-1db9ddfc194c
  8. My system failed i got botres dll fail broken i reinstalled windows and is not activated

My system failed i got botres dll fail broken i reinstalled windows and is not activated: I had to use a usb Device to get my computer working again and now windows is not activated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-system-failed-i-got-botres-dll-fail-broken-i/9c0d746a-edd0-4dda-a332-0b21774b4dc3
  9. Windows 10 (Oct 2018) update fails multiple times - need to reinstall Win 10

Windows 10 (Oct 2018) update fails multiple times - need to reinstall Win 10: Hi, The latest Windows update to 1803 just fails. It gets stuck and I think it has resolved itself but wants to upgrade again when the computer starts next time. It usually sticks at 12%, and then never moves on. I have been very patient and left it for several days at that...
  10. Failed Win Reinstall on Samsung RV511

Failed Win Reinstall on Samsung RV511: Much to my chagrin, my father accepted the Win7 -> Win10 on-the-fly update on his Samsung RV511. I would have much rather done a clean install. Well, his machine had built up so much crapware; that when he visited me this weekend, the machine had slowed to a crawl. I had...