Windows 10: re-formated my pc and product key is gone for good???????

Discus and support re-formated my pc and product key is gone for good??????? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; re-formated my pc and product key is gone for good??????? cant even get a phone number to call or download anything cause microsoft servers down? thats... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by anon1776, Jan 5, 2021.

1. anon1776 Win User

re-formated my pc and product key is gone for good???????

re-formated my pc and product key is gone for good??????? cant even get a phone number to call or download anything cause microsoft servers down? thats what trouble shooter told me lol 24 hours of this. such a good experience. but tell me how my private date being thrown at u is to my benefit. if i dont get a response in 5 mins i'l be pirating lol originally had windows 7 on this then upgraded but now my windows 7 key dont do anything...

:)

anon1776, Jan 5, 2021
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Jan 5, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Uninstall Product Key and Deactivate Windows 10  

It sounds like the key is gone for good if he didn't write it down somewhere.

Just to be clear, you can either deactivate or just uninstall/format the retail Windows from a PC to be able to reinstall it on another PC.

Brink, Jan 5, 2021
  4. FinZak Win User

Product key association disable on old pc

Hey,

I sold my old pc to a friend. He installed some missing parts (HDD, GPU and RAM). Then we installed Windows 10 Home 64-bit version from USB stick. I was surprised to see that windows was automatically activated after that. I did some digging and found out that it is using my product key, which i use now in my own new pc. My friend does not have his own product key, the idea was that he just uses the unactivated windows with limited features.

I uninstalled my Windows 10 product key via command prompt in friends computer (as i understand this is only local solution, if he reinstall windows or clicks the active button, it reactivates automatically with my product key) and now it says windows is not activated, but my product key is still shown with Produkey app in his pc. So far windows is still activated my own pc.

My questions:

1. Is this all i need to do?
    2. How do i get rid of product key showing still with product key showing apps on my friend's computer?
    3. Is there a way to get rid of association of my product key on that old pc that i sold to friend?

EDIT: I originally installed windows 10 via upgrade option from Windows 7, if that matters.

FinZak, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

1. re-formated my pc and product key is gone for good??????? - Similar Threads - formated product key

2. product key of my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    product key of my pc: Product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-of-my-pc/cfce9866-6518-448c-a02e-73bd7d3c81a1
  3. product key of my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    product key of my pc: Product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-of-my-pc/cfce9866-6518-448c-a02e-73bd7d3c81a1
  4. product key of my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Product Key gone after reset?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product Key gone after reset?: Hey, I was experiencing some problems with my laptop where my screen was frozen after start up and my cursor was the only thing moving. It stayed like that for a couple days and I just could not get it to past that. So I searched online for a video on what could be the...
  6. Product Key no good.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Product Key no good.: I built a new computer, installed Windows 8 that i bought years ago. It installed with the Product Key in the box, but it will not activate it. Keeps telling me it's not the right Key. How do I get past this?...
  7. Product Key no good.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product Key no good.: I built a new computer, installed Windows 8 that i bought years ago. It installed with the Product Key in the box, but it will not activate it. Keeps telling me it's not the right Key. How do I get past this?...
  8. Product key re-use

Product key re-use: I want to use my current product key which is from a laptop I bought from a store, and move it on to a new custom built pc, will the old laptop stop working because I want to give it to a family member...
  9. Windows product key gone

Windows product key gone: Hello After replacing the mainboard in my computer a message on my screen shows up asking me to actiavate windows. I already activated Windows 2 years ago and I cannot locate my product key now....
  10. My product key is gone along with my windows

My product key is gone along with my windows: I was working on my computer and I had to restart and when I did I booted my computer back up and I was not getting passed a blue screen and I did everything. I found out that my windows was gone and my product key was no longer there. I used the command for the product key...