Windows 10: Re-formatting a USB Stick to FAT32

Discus and support Re-formatting a USB Stick to FAT32 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I need to re-format a USB device in FAT32, my only choice in WINDOWS 10 is NTFS, can you guide me please?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BrianLaseby, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Re-formatting a USB Stick to FAT32

I need to re-format a USB device in FAT32, my only choice in WINDOWS 10 is NTFS, can you guide me please?

:)

BrianLaseby, Jul 13, 2020
  2. graye Win User

Correct Format for USB Stick | FAT32? | NTFS? | Some Other Format?

So, that appears to indicate that Macrium doesn't care about the format... as long as the file system can be "seen" by your system.

I'd suggest exFAT...
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/3109559/hardware/why-your-usb-drives-file-format-matters-fat32-vs-exfat-vs-ntfs.html

graye, Jul 13, 2020
  3. BruceTR Win User

Yes, I know that newly purchased USB sticks are FAT32. However, that's not what I asked.

I asked about a 74 GB System Image (not Recovery Media) created on a non-bootable USB stick (not a removable USB drive) as a .MRIMG file.

If the System Image is created by Macrium, and Macrium will be used to perform the restore (not a Recovery), what format does the USB stick need to be in... FAT32 or NTFS?

Assume Macrium DOES NOT format the USB stick. Given this, what format does the USB stick need to be in... FAT32 or NTFS?

Thanks

BruceTR, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Re-formatting a USB Stick to FAT32

I am not talking about USB booting either, You image on an NTFS USB is still a drive, on to which u want to put an image. You make images to restore them not to run them. Your file extension needs to be recognized by the tool that creates them, You may
    need a boot disk or USB to recognize the image were ever you place it. Windows 10 use's the EFI and Recovery Partition to recover an image, Aomei creates is own format and recovery on your C drive which is accessed pre windows boot if windows fails. Good
    luck with Macrium I guess it does not have a help section.

File Allocation Table is for less than 4GB. Generally your image will detect size and choose fat, fat 12 ,Fat 32.

Regards

OctavianQR, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Re-formatting a USB Stick to FAT32

1. Re-formatting a USB Stick to FAT32 - Similar Threads - formatting USB Stick

2. Converting or formatting a USB flash drive to fat32

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Converting or formatting a USB flash drive to fat32: I either need to reformat or convert a flash drive to fat32. I have read numerous articles and most say go to accessories-system tools-disk converter but there is no disk converter is system tools. I also read an article that says to go to a command prompt and type format X:...
  3. Converting or formatting a USB flash drive to fat32

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Converting or formatting a USB flash drive to fat32: I either need to reformat or convert a flash drive to fat32. I have read numerous articles and most say go to accessories-system tools-disk converter but there is no disk converter is system tools. I also read an article that says to go to a command prompt and type format X:...
  4. Converting or formatting a USB flash drive to fat32

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to format Fat32

Unable to format Fat32: As the subject header eays, I'm unable to format to FAT32.The only choices I have are NTFS & exFAT.Has Microsoft removed the choice to format in FAT16/32 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-format-fat32/22183b77-8591-4731-88da-8c0570ba3f1e
  6. Formatting 64GB USB Drive to FAT32

Formatting 64GB USB Drive to FAT32: Is this possible? I've read many threads. I followed these steps: B1.Insert the USB flash drive into the USB port. 2.Click Start, type devmgmt.msc in the Search textbox and press Enter. 3.Find Disk Drives and expand it. 4.Find the USB flash drive you want to format, and...
  7. USB stick appropriate format for Windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB stick appropriate format for Windows: Greetings everyone. I couldn't find a better community to ask my question. I have two USB sticks (8 & 32 GB) and I forgot which format they came in when I purchased them. Recently I used both to get a Windows installation using the Media Creation Tool. Now I want to format...
  8. FAT32 Format

FAT32 Format: Since the FAT32 is not an option anymore and there's still tons of devices that only accept FAT32. How can I format memory card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fat32-format/3a899269-48e2-474f-a190-b2c4b5bdf18b
  9. How to format USB in Fat32?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to format USB in Fat32?: For window 7 & 10, I can only format USB in exFat, when I try to create Macrium Rescue Media, it mentions that GBP format is not supported. I would like to know on how to format USB drive in Fat 32 format under window 7 & 10. My notebook only offer UEFI under window 10, MBR...
  10. Formatting USB stick/usb hdd issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Formatting USB stick/usb hdd issues: [img] help how do i fix this problem. it's been a real problem for the past 3 weeks. 112838