Windows 10: re: Fresh Start Win10 on refurbished PC

Discus and support re: Fresh Start Win10 on refurbished PC in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I was going to do the Fresh Start on a refurbished PC with Win10 this but then I noticed something on the Control Panel. Comments are after the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DV1, May 16, 2020.

1. DV1
    DV1 Win User

re: Fresh Start Win10 on refurbished PC

Hi

I was going to do the Fresh Start on a refurbished PC with Win10 this but then I noticed something on the Control Panel. Comments are after the images:

re: Fresh Start Win10 on refurbished PC [​IMG]

On the Control Panel it says Windows 7 as indicated by the arrow. Clicking on that then it shows in the 2nd image that there is no backup.

re: Fresh Start Win10 on refurbished PC [​IMG]

This computer is a refurbished one that I got a little over a year ago. I'm thinking maybe it was one that had Windows 7 and then when refurbished Win10 was installed.

Does any of this (Backup) matter with the Win10 Fresh Start? I didn't want to begin it and then get some notice about Win7. By the way, the Win10 is installed on the refurbished, I have no disc for it, etc.

Thanks for any help. *Smile

:)

2. BulldogXX Win User

Is my PC refurbished or not?

Your PC is refurbished. The refurbisher license is offered to refurbishers at a reduced cost.

BulldogXX, May 16, 2020
  3. Windows 7 Professional Refurbished

Came across a Windows 7 key that says it is for a refurbished PC. I believe it is genuine. Can I use it on a fresh install?

Easy Rhino, May 16, 2020
  4. re: Fresh Start Win10 on refurbished PC

PC goes into black screen and froze

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's not a software related issue which is why I was suggesting that you remove the video card to start with since it's such an easy process of elimination step.

I'm not familiar with AMD CPUs, I did see that you had listed in your system specs but I had no idea whether or not it has an iGPU

Is there any possibility of you being able to get your hands on any compatible video card at all?it would be the easiest step to try to troubleshoot or at least one of the easier ones. You should be able to get into the bios without anything but A display cable hooked up to the motherboard

jboydgolfer, May 16, 2020
Thema:

re: Fresh Start Win10 on refurbished PC

1. re: Fresh Start Win10 on refurbished PC - Similar Threads - Fresh Start Win10

2. fresh start vs. reset pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fresh start vs. reset pc: What is the difference between a fresh start and resetting the PC? My PC has Windows 11 installed, is freezing too much for the last few days and disturbing my regular workflow. Should I reset the PC or give it a fresh start? Every related info is appreciated....
  3. fresh start vs. reset pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fresh start vs. reset pc: What is the difference between a fresh start and resetting the PC? My PC has Windows 11 installed, is freezing too much for the last few days and disturbing my regular workflow. Should I reset the PC or give it a fresh start? Every related info is appreciated....
  4. BSOD on Refurbished PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD on Refurbished PC: Hi there, I recently ordered a refurbished HP Omen 15 and have been getting blue screens multiple time per day. Steps that I have already taken: Update both nVidia and AMD drivers with their programs Reinstalled Windows from scratch Checked memory using Windows Memory...
  5. BSOD on Refurbished PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD on Refurbished PC: Hi there, I recently ordered a refurbished HP Omen 15 and have been getting blue screens multiple time per day. Steps that I have already taken: Update both nVidia and AMD drivers with their programs Reinstalled Windows from scratch Checked memory using Windows Memory...
  6. BSOD on Refurbished PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Refurbished PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Refurbished PC: I recently bought a refurbished PC. But it's software like Zip readers are missing. How do i get that software in the computer and have it running appropriately. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/refurbished-pc/25f93a89-80bc-47f5-8b63-1113324ae436
  8. re: Fresh Start Win10 on refurbished PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    re: Fresh Start Win10 on refurbished PC: Hi I was going to do the Fresh Start on a refurbished PC with Win10 this but then I noticed something on the Control Panel. Comments are after the images: [img] On the Control Panel it says Windows 7 as indicated by the arrow. Clicking on that then it shows in the 2nd...
  9. Win10 Reet this PC or fresh start question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Reet this PC or fresh start question: What does 'keep personal file, settings and apps' mean? To be more specific - I'd like to reset my pc. Fully. But would like the previous installation to be moved to the windows.old folder, so that I can hand-pick files to move to the new installation. Does either Fresh...
  10. re fresh win10 start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    re fresh win10 start menu: My start menu stopped working but strangely enough it did not take out the store,search or settings. I tooled around trying to deal with Tile Data Layer stopped State Repository Service deleted the folder did nto seem to help so I used a reset win10 update bat and it fired it...