Windows 10: Re: Gmail as default email

Discus and support Re: Gmail as default email in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; It admits the account but refuses to authenticate. I need to try a couple of things first. I went to a site I know only had email here, and clicked... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by billbir, Sep 7, 2015.

1. elbmek Win User

Re: Gmail as default email

It admits the account but refuses to authenticate. I need to try a couple of things first.

I went to a site I know only had email here, and clicked on it, windows mail opened, so I checked add details and google had appeared. So I put in my gmail details and it refused it.( twice).

elbmek, Apr 21, 2017
  2. Edwin New Member

Sign into the account via the web, go to My Account/Sign-in & security, scroll to the bottom and switch 'Allow less secure apps' ON

Re: Gmail as default email [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 21, 2017
  3. elbmek Win User
    heres pic. I even chenged password in gmail to see if that was the problem, it wasn't. Tried inputing smtp and imap setting from google - nothing.

image now removed

elbmek, Apr 21, 2017
  4. elbmek Win User

OK did as you asked and switched option on. When I click on new email in notifierpro I get taken to gmail. (its set for that). But, when I tell it to receive, i get whats in the image above.

elbmek, Apr 21, 2017
  5. Edwin New Member
    Did you also enable IMAP within the account?

If you have 'Less secure apps' enabled and IMAP enabled, it should authenticate.

Edwin, Apr 21, 2017
  6. elbmek Win User
    imap was enabled already. I am going to kill account and start a new one.

IT has changed and accepted new account, am now accepting receiving emails!!

*Smile

elbmek, Apr 21, 2017
  7. richc46 Win User
    A little trick that not many people know. Go to the page that you want to visit. In the upper left of the site address (just before https) you will see a small symbol. Drag that symbol to your desktop. It becomes an icon, (which you can change). You now have a shortcut to the site.

richc46, Apr 21, 2017
  8. elbmek Win User

Interesting, will have a look. But not one for this site in area of question.

not existent on anyt site I visited ??????????????????

elbmek, Apr 21, 2017
  9. richc46 Win User
    I have a gmail account. I just tried it and the symbol is the small lock icon.
    I have never visited a site that did not have some type of symbol.

richc46, Apr 21, 2017
  10. elbmek Win User
    Edwin, this is what happens when I click on email here on my raccat support page

I select google when adding account and always get this, which was the object of this thread!!

elbmek, Apr 21, 2017
  11. elbmek Win User
    sorry, you are quite right, pc didnt play first time around, thanks for that *Wink

elbmek, Apr 21, 2017
  12. Edwin New Member
    Can I try that link?

Edwin, Apr 21, 2017
  13. elbmek Win User

you would have to put the software in as the links are in the support window. I'll see if I can find a web one

elbmek, Apr 22, 2017
  14. Edwin New Member
    Okay.

Here's a result from a 'mailto' test link:

Edwin, Apr 22, 2017
  15. elbmek Win User
    strange, link firstly kept coming up with no such page error. Then I typed in the url up to .com and got a chrome page from Google??

elbmek, Apr 22, 2017
Thema:

1. Re: Gmail as default email - Similar Threads - Gmail default email

2. cannot reply to a gmail email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot reply to a gmail email: I receive messages from people with gmail but when I reply using Windows 10 Mail it bounces backYour message was not delivered because the destination computer refused to accept it the error message is reproduced below. This type of erroris usually due to a mis-configured...
  3. How can I make gmail my default email in Microsoft 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I make gmail my default email in Microsoft 10?: How can I make gmail my default email instead of Outlook? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-make-gmail-my-default-email-in-microsoft/ce83f69a-d78f-4e25-9a8f-4d4e3bc8cb87
  4. How do I make Edge default Gmail Email handler?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I make Edge default Gmail Email handler?: So whenever I click on Email address literally anywhere on Internet I want Gmail web to open. Is this possible? I see some Google Chrome tutorials for that but don't really for Edge. submitted by /u/Super_Govedo [link] [comments]...
  5. New Gmail email security with TLS by default and other new features

in Windows 10 News
    New Gmail email security with TLS by default and other new features: What’s changing Recently, the Google Security blog outlined how the usage of Transport Layer Security (TLS) has grown to more than 96% of all traffic seen by a Chrome browser on Chrome OS. The blog post also highlighted a significant goal: to enable TLS by...
  6. change default email from outlook to gmail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    change default email from outlook to gmail: I want gmail to be my mailto client. I want to remove outlook as the default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-default-email-from-outlook-to-gmail/7617cc69-5cd8-43c9-a921-1b44b4e22cc3
  7. Gmail default on Google browser

Gmail default on Google browser: How can I change the default program of "Gmail" to "Inbox" on the Google Browser? (when I first bring up a page on my chrome browser, there is a shortcut on the upper right corner for Gmail.) thank you...
  8. Gmail default stopped working

Gmail default stopped working: Gmail is my default program and I use it from Chrome. I can no longer click on file to send it by email as I get the message to say that there is no email program associated. My default app is set as Chrome, and G Mail is set in Chrome "Handlers". As it worked before, has...
  9. Making Gmail my default email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Making Gmail my default email: Hope someone can help me please. I want to make Gmail my default email, but when I go to change it, the only options are Google Chrome and Mail. By choosing Google Chrome - it still does not make Gmail, my default mail. I want to be able to right click on a picture on my...
  10. Attachments in Gmail are defaulting to Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Attachments in Gmail are defaulting to Edge: I got a return label e-mailed to me in Gmail. When I click on the attachment to either download it, or open the PDF, I get error messages. I am on Gmail in Chrome. If I try to download, it says I cannot do this (open Edge) under the Administrative account, switch accounts. If...