Windows 10: Re: Gmail as default email

Discus and support Re: Gmail as default email in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have a gmail account. I just tried it and the symbol is the small lock icon. I have never visited a site that did not have some type of symbol. I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by billbir, Sep 7, 2015.

1. elbmek Win User

Re: Gmail as default email

I got up this morning and realised that you may have inadvertently solved a dilemma for me. My wifes desktop refused to allow web links icons to work, this was after recent upgrade. So I removed the lot and opened each site in IE. Then I grabbed the icon you described and slid it across to the Desktop. Yep! it worked. Many thanks.

elbmek, Apr 22, 2017
  2. Edwin New Member

I just get an 'Untitled' tab as it handles the protocol.

Edwin, Apr 22, 2017
  3. elbmek Win User
    it used to be something easy back in 7 or 8 days; I can remember doing it, but not how. MS seems to have put a code in to stop gmail being made default. I checked out the MS Mail properties and all that are in are 3 x MS email protocols with no facility to add a fourth link - eg: gmail. The button to do it is there, but does not work. I get the impression that MS do not want us to use google, I know they are at war. Which only affects us, the end user. This is why MS took on Bing which is one of the first things I delete.

elbmek, Apr 22, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

Hmmm...
    Options are here for me! *Confused

Re: Gmail as default email [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 22, 2017
  5. elbmek Win User
    yes Edwin, thats what I clicked on without the google log in, and got that error page. I'll try again, see if it was a temp glitch.

elbmek, Apr 22, 2017
  6. elbmek Win User
    YO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We got there, Edwin strikes AGAIN!!!*Roflmao2

elbmek, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Re: Gmail as default email - Similar Threads - Gmail default email

2. cannot reply to a gmail email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot reply to a gmail email: I receive messages from people with gmail but when I reply using Windows 10 Mail it bounces backYour message was not delivered because the destination computer refused to accept it the error message is reproduced below. This type of erroris usually due to a mis-configured...
  3. How can I make gmail my default email in Microsoft 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I make gmail my default email in Microsoft 10?: How can I make gmail my default email instead of Outlook? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-make-gmail-my-default-email-in-microsoft/ce83f69a-d78f-4e25-9a8f-4d4e3bc8cb87
  4. How do I make Edge default Gmail Email handler?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I make Edge default Gmail Email handler?: So whenever I click on Email address literally anywhere on Internet I want Gmail web to open. Is this possible? I see some Google Chrome tutorials for that but don't really for Edge. submitted by /u/Super_Govedo [link] [comments]...
  5. New Gmail email security with TLS by default and other new features

in Windows 10 News
    New Gmail email security with TLS by default and other new features: What’s changing Recently, the Google Security blog outlined how the usage of Transport Layer Security (TLS) has grown to more than 96% of all traffic seen by a Chrome browser on Chrome OS. The blog post also highlighted a significant goal: to enable TLS by...
  6. change default email from outlook to gmail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    change default email from outlook to gmail: I want gmail to be my mailto client. I want to remove outlook as the default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-default-email-from-outlook-to-gmail/7617cc69-5cd8-43c9-a921-1b44b4e22cc3
  7. Gmail default on Google browser

Gmail default on Google browser: How can I change the default program of "Gmail" to "Inbox" on the Google Browser? (when I first bring up a page on my chrome browser, there is a shortcut on the upper right corner for Gmail.) thank you...
  8. Gmail default stopped working

Gmail default stopped working: Gmail is my default program and I use it from Chrome. I can no longer click on file to send it by email as I get the message to say that there is no email program associated. My default app is set as Chrome, and G Mail is set in Chrome "Handlers". As it worked before, has...
  9. Making Gmail my default email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Making Gmail my default email: Hope someone can help me please. I want to make Gmail my default email, but when I go to change it, the only options are Google Chrome and Mail. By choosing Google Chrome - it still does not make Gmail, my default mail. I want to be able to right click on a picture on my...
  10. Attachments in Gmail are defaulting to Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Attachments in Gmail are defaulting to Edge: I got a return label e-mailed to me in Gmail. When I click on the attachment to either download it, or open the PDF, I get error messages. I am on Gmail in Chrome. If I try to download, it says I cannot do this (open Edge) under the Administrative account, switch accounts. If...