Windows 10: RE: Gray Task Bar

Discus and support RE: Gray Task Bar in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The solution given for solving the light gray task bar issue personalize - colors - dark is only a partial fix that causes another issue. The result... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Midman20, May 4, 2020.

1. Midman20 Win User

RE: Gray Task Bar

The solution given for solving the light gray task bar issue personalize - colors - dark is only a partial fix that causes another issue. The result is that the upper search bar then becomes dark also which it wasn't before, and not desired.

The recent Windows update also may be responsible for my have "Managed by Organization" showing in settings. I believe that I have solved that issue however.

:)

Midman20, May 4, 2020

2. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, May 4, 2020
  3. Gray bar at bottom of each folder in large icons view

• What are the changes made or things you've done before the issue start? I ran hitmanpro.
    • Do this gray bar displays on all folders and files in the File Explorer?
      The gray bar does display on all folders in the File Explorer but not individual files themselves. The gray bar only displays on all folders in view as Extra Large Icons, Large Icons, and Medium Icons. The gray bar does not show when view is either in Small
      Icons or List, or Details.
    • Does the folders and files with the gray bar can still be accessed successfully?
      Yes all folders with the gray bar and the individual files in the folders can be accessed.
    I am currently running System File Checker and will let you know if that works.

If if doesn't work then I'll run DISM or System Update Readiness tool as suggested.

Thank you so much.

*UPDATE*

The results of System File Checker says "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."

Now I'll run DISM or System Update Readiness Tool as suggested.

aries2ganymede, May 4, 2020
  4. RE: Gray Task Bar

Task Bar Icons

I have lost the ability to enable my task bar icon for Batter Charge Status. When I go Settings to display the list of icon options the Power icon is grayed out and unable to toggle on. Anyone else ever experience this?

MikeSuranno, May 4, 2020
Thema:

RE: Gray Task Bar

1. RE: Gray Task Bar - Similar Threads - Gray Task Bar

2. End Task grayed out in task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    End Task grayed out in task manager: Hello! i was trying to terminate a task in Task Manager, but i cant because the "End Task" button was grayed out, and only the "Restart" button when selecting Windows Explorer works, On my standard account, its grayed out, however on the administrator, its not grayed out If...
  3. End Task grayed out in task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    End Task grayed out in task manager: Hello! i was trying to terminate a task in Task Manager, but i cant because the "End Task" button was grayed out, and only the "Restart" button when selecting Windows Explorer works, On my standard account, its grayed out, however on the administrator, its not grayed out If...
  4. Task Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Bar: Can a link be placed in the task bar that will take me directly to the printer queue in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar/3a85332c-9b64-44e6-b1a2-01a9cf056a1b
  5. Task Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Bar: Can a link be placed in the task bar that will take me directly to the printer queue in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar/3a85332c-9b64-44e6-b1a2-01a9cf056a1b
  6. Task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task bar: My task bar is blank. There are no icons. Also, I cannot access the Start Menu. Pressing the Windows Logo key does nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar/68a70005-5422-42d7-a6d2-296378708c58
  7. task bar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    task bar: how can i merge cortana to search bar and how to customise the startmenu when i click on windows button and change the task view button . i have windows 10 pro but still my icons are of home.[ATTACH]...
  8. task bar

task bar: the icons in my taskbar are no longer showing up, they're still there but i just cant see them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar/09e5eb42-2e0c-4813-bd90-d4ade758372e
  9. Windows 10 re-sizing task bar and title bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 re-sizing task bar and title bar: Hi. I am new to this site. First question: Today for some unknown reason my display sizing went crazy. I managed to re-size the general font but the task bar and the title bar remain extremely small. How do I fix this? 140621
  10. Task bar

Task bar: How can i remove permanently task bar from windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar/ff98c81d-0a31-48eb-8cc7-408064701cba