Windows 10: RE : IE11, Google search provider

Discus and support RE : IE11, Google search provider in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Just installed Win 10 1809 build 17763.348 2 new rows appear in my default IE11 with Google Search as my default provider ……….. [img] Although it... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by davidhk, Mar 3, 2019.

1. davidhk Win User

RE : IE11, Google search provider

Just installed Win 10 1809 build 17763.348

2 new rows appear in my default IE11 with Google Search as my default provider ………..

RE : IE11, Google search provider [​IMG]

Although it is no big deal, I would like to get rid of them.

P.S. I do not have another browser installed, just IE11, nor do I have another search provider, just Google.ca.

:)

davidhk, Mar 3, 2019
  2. dencal Win User

Google search results on IE11 fault

Try this....Open Google Chrome....click on 3 bars top right corner....More Tools.....Extensions....untick MSN and BING search engine....this way you use Google Chrome,

To use IE11 open tools cog top right and click on Manage addons...click on Search Providers....down at the bottom find more search providers....choose Google Search...you can change the listing order in Search Providers.

dencal, Mar 3, 2019
  3. fussybob Win User
    IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Mar 3, 2019
  4. RE : IE11, Google search provider

How to: Set Google to search provider in IE11

Microsoft, in their infinite wisdom, decided to exclude Google from the IE Gallery so it isn't easy to switch to Google for address bar searches anymore. I provided the .reg for both Google (HTTP) and Google Encrypted (HTTPS) below to override Microsoft's attempt to block people from the #1 search provider. If you want both, run the one you want defaulted last.

Spoiler: Google.reg Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes]
    "DefaultScope"="{3F17B4D3-D677-45BF-BC8C-26401E124D88}"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{3F17B4D3-D677-45BF-BC8C-26401E124D88}]
    "DisplayName"="Google"
    "URL"="http://www.google.com/search?q={searchTerms}"
    "FaviconURL"="http://www.google.com/favicon.ico"
    Spoiler: Google Encrypted.reg Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes]
    "DefaultScope"="{945B6047-4B26-4707-88BA-13FD7147F593}"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{945B6047-4B26-4707-88BA-13FD7147F593}]
    "DisplayName"="Google Encrypted"
    "URL"="https://encrypted.google.com/search?q={searchTerms}"
    "FaviconURL"="http://www.google.com/favicon.ico"
    People should be able to modify these for other search providers as well. Just remember to generate a random GUID for each one.

FordGT90Concept, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

RE : IE11, Google search provider

1. RE : IE11, Google search provider - Similar Threads - IE11 Google search

2. Search Provider

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Provider: How do I prevent Bing opening when I do a Win 10 search from the taskbar. I have been into Edge settings - advanced - address bar - change search engine But it does not allow Bing to be replaced with Chrome. Chrome is the default browser in Win 10 settings. Win 10 ver 1909...
  3. search provider

in Windows 10 Customization
    search provider: who allows Microsoft to Change my search Provider from google to bing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-provider/80f30383-757b-4275-8198-6c8af052238e
  4. WIN10 HOME - EDGE not allowing Google as preffered search provider

in Browsers and Email
    WIN10 HOME - EDGE not allowing Google as preffered search provider: Hello, new guy here. I just purchased (April 2019) a new PC running WIN10 Home - Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763. As with most it came with Bing as the default search engine and my preference is Google. I went through the process of making Google my preferred and it is not...
  5. WIN10 HOME - EDGE not allowing Google as preffered search provider

in Windows 10 Support
    WIN10 HOME - EDGE not allowing Google as preffered search provider: Hello, new guy here. I just purchased (April 2019) a new PC running WIN10 Home - Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763. As with most it came with Bing as the default search engine and my preference is Google. I went through the process of making Google my preferred and it is not...
  6. IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?: Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either. I have...
  7. Google toolbar Search suggestions not there no drop down menu IE11

in Browsers and Email
    Google toolbar Search suggestions not there no drop down menu IE11: I have been driven nuts with this problem for a few days now. I get it working for a while then gone again. Tonight I went into installed updates and uninstalled the updates which downloaded around the time the problem started as it seemed to happen after update restart. Up...
  8. Google Toolbar not auto filling in IE11

in Browsers and Email
    Google Toolbar not auto filling in IE11: Google Toolbar not auto filling in IE12. Don't know what is wrong as I have it set to auto fill! 67341
  9. Google search results on IE11 fault

in Browsers and Email
    Google search results on IE11 fault: After doing a search with Google on IE11, when I click on one of the lower links in the web page displayed, it jumps to the top of the page and can't open the link I want. I know of several other persons who are experiencing the same problem. Anybody suggest any work...
  10. Google Search not saving in IE11 since Anniversay update of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Google Search not saving in IE11 since Anniversay update of Windows 10: Since the anniversay update of Windows 10 the search history will not save. Does anybody know how to get it to save? or is this the latest ploy by Microsoft to get us all to change to their Edge browser? 70310