Windows 10: Re: Image Guardian

Discus and support Re: Image Guardian in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hey all! Crusty here. Now that I have my three computers working correctly with Macrium and my WD MyCloudEX2 Ultra I have a disturbing observation to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by crustyoldgeezer, May 5, 2021.

1. Re: Image Guardian

Hey all! Crusty here. Now that I have my three computers working correctly with Macrium and my WD MyCloudEX2 Ultra I have a disturbing observation to report. I wanted to get this working so that I could schedule imaging without having to go through the process of remembering to connect up a USB drive. Should be painless - right? WRONG!! Macrium Image Guardian will not, in fact CAN NOT, protect any saved image from tampering, deleting or encrypting if it is saved to my NAS. This is so disappointing in today's threat environment. It has to do, I believe, with the disk formatting. Image Guardian only works with the NTFS disk format. My NAS, as most other such devices, are controlled by a Linux distro. Guess what disk format they use? It is ext4 I believe. So, I am screwed out of $700 I paid for the NAS or I must return it for a refund. The story of my life!

:)

crustyoldgeezer, May 5, 2021

2. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, May 5, 2021
  3. kado897 Win User
    Image guardian error after 3147 update

I have image guardian on and have not had a problem.

kado897, May 5, 2021
  4. Re: Image Guardian

Re: Image Guardian

Hey all!

Crusty here.

Now that I have my three computers working correctly with Macrium and my WD MyCloudEX2 Ultra I have a disturbing observation to report.

I wanted to get this working so that I could schedule imaging without having to go through the process of remembering to connect up a USB drive. Should be painless - right? WRONG!!

Macrium Image Guardian will not, in fact CAN NOT, protect any saved image from tampering, deleting or encrypting if it is saved to my NAS. This is so disappointing in today's threat environment. It has to do, I believe, with the disk formatting. Image Guardian only works with the NTFS disk format. My NAS, as most other such devices, are controlled by a Linux distro. Guess what disk format they use? It is ext4 I believe.

So, I am screwed out of $700 I paid for the NAS or I must return it for a refund.

The story of my life!

crustyoldgeezer, May 5, 2021
Thema:

Re: Image Guardian

1. Re: Image Guardian - Similar Threads - Image Guardian

2. The Window RE image was not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Window RE image was not found: Split from this thread. I have "The Window RE image was not found." problem also. winre.wim is located at C:\Recovery\WindowsRE taken from another tutorial Should I move it to c:\windows\system32\recovery??????Once I get it in the right place, do I extract contents from it...
  3. The Window RE image was not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Window RE image was not found: Split from this thread. I have "The Window RE image was not found." problem also. winre.wim is located at C:\Recovery\WindowsRE taken from another tutorial Should I move it to c:\windows\system32\recovery??????Once I get it in the right place, do I extract contents from it...
  4. The Window RE image was not found

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why My Images Not Visible When Copying Pages In Microsoft Journal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why My Images Not Visible When Copying Pages In Microsoft Journal: Recently, I have encountered a significant problem where images are not visible when attempting to copy pages within the app Microsoft Journal.Despite the absence of images during the copy process, they become visible once the page is saved as a PDF. However, this workaround...
  6. Why My Images Not Visible When Copying Pages In Microsoft Journal

Why My Images Not Visible When Copying Pages In Microsoft Journal: Recently, I have encountered a significant problem where images are not visible when attempting to copy pages within the app Microsoft Journal.Despite the absence of images during the copy process, they become visible once the page is saved as a PDF. However, this workaround...
  7. Our Sharper Image WS 115 Weather Station Has Gone Dark Again!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Our Sharper Image WS 115 Weather Station Has Gone Dark Again!: So -Two years after our re-engineered fix for our Sharper Image WS 115 Weather Station it’s gone dark again. I reapplied the 2022 fix and even got a new IO code but no luck. I’m assuming it has to do with weather.io and connecting to it’s servers. Anybody have a...
  8. Our Sharper Image WS 115 Weather Station Has Gone Dark Again!

Our Sharper Image WS 115 Weather Station Has Gone Dark Again!: So -Two years after our re-engineered fix for our Sharper Image WS 115 Weather Station it’s gone dark again. I reapplied the 2022 fix and even got a new IO code but no luck. I’m assuming it has to do with weather.io and connecting to it’s servers. Anybody have a...
  9. Raw image development with Windows Photos application?

Raw image development with Windows Photos application?: Hi everybody,I am using Window 10 Professional - Version 22H2 I see that it is possible to view or open ? a Raw image using the Windows Photos application. Is it the Jpeg image incorporated into the Raw or really an interpretation of the Raw data by the application? In other...
  10. Experiences with Macrium Image Guardian (MIG)

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Experiences with Macrium Image Guardian (MIG): Paid versions of Macrium Reflect now have Macrium Image Guardian that only allows images to be modified by Macrium Reflect itself, preventing malware attacks. I have tested it a bit and have some comments other might find useful. 1) It protects all images including ones...