Windows 10: Re: Image Guardian

Discus and support Re: Image Guardian in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hey all! Crusty here. Now that I have my three computers working correctly with Macrium and my WD MyCloudEX2 Ultra I have a disturbing observation to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by crustyoldgeezer, May 5, 2021 at 2:12 AM.

1. Re: Image Guardian

Hey all! Crusty here. Now that I have my three computers working correctly with Macrium and my WD MyCloudEX2 Ultra I have a disturbing observation to report. I wanted to get this working so that I could schedule imaging without having to go through the process of remembering to connect up a USB drive. Should be painless - right? WRONG!! Macrium Image Guardian will not, in fact CAN NOT, protect any saved image from tampering, deleting or encrypting if it is saved to my NAS. This is so disappointing in today's threat environment. It has to do, I believe, with the disk formatting. Image Guardian only works with the NTFS disk format. My NAS, as most other such devices, are controlled by a Linux distro. Guess what disk format they use? It is ext4 I believe. So, I am screwed out of $700 I paid for the NAS or I must return it for a refund. The story of my life!

:)

crustyoldgeezer, May 5, 2021 at 2:12 AM

2. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, May 5, 2021 at 2:30 AM
  3. kado897 Win User
    Image guardian error after 3147 update

I have image guardian on and have not had a problem.

4. Re: Image Guardian

Re: Image Guardian

Hey all!

Crusty here.

Now that I have my three computers working correctly with Macrium and my WD MyCloudEX2 Ultra I have a disturbing observation to report.

I wanted to get this working so that I could schedule imaging without having to go through the process of remembering to connect up a USB drive. Should be painless - right? WRONG!!

Macrium Image Guardian will not, in fact CAN NOT, protect any saved image from tampering, deleting or encrypting if it is saved to my NAS. This is so disappointing in today's threat environment. It has to do, I believe, with the disk formatting. Image Guardian only works with the NTFS disk format. My NAS, as most other such devices, are controlled by a Linux distro. Guess what disk format they use? It is ext4 I believe.

So, I am screwed out of $700 I paid for the NAS or I must return it for a refund.

The story of my life!

crustyoldgeezer, May 5, 2021 at 2:30 AM
Thema:

Re: Image Guardian

1. Re: Image Guardian - Similar Threads - Image Guardian

2. Closing lid causes image to reset on external screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Closing lid causes image to reset on external screen: I have been attaching my laptop to my TV for streaming of things I can't get on my TV. I set the laptop such that I can close the lid and not put it to sleep.The problem is, when I close the lid on my laptop, the cursor lights up right in the center of the screen. This is no...
  3. r drive image system image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    r drive image system image: I have never done back ups before so am new to this.I have r image drive and created a system image and saved on to my 2nd hard drive,I created a start up disc and booted up from it to make sure it all worked ok.my question is, the size of used space on my c drive is 59...
  4. Trying to restore Windows 10 backup image to a new hard drive but keep getting error...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to restore Windows 10 backup image to a new hard drive but keep getting error...: My hard drive failed last week, so I purchased a replacement 3.5'' Sata drive of the same size 1TB and installed it in my computer.I have been trying to do a system image restore from my backup drive from an image that was created the week before my hard drive...
  5. SOLVEDTrying to Download "Windows 10 Disc Image ISO File" but it pops up with an Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SOLVEDTrying to Download "Windows 10 Disc Image ISO File" but it pops up with an Error: I've been trying for a couple of hours now to get the Windows 10 disc image ISO File for my MacOS El Captain 10.11.6 but it pops up with an error it says 715-123130 and Transaction ID after I select my Language and click confirm. Ive been trying to solve this problem for a...
  6. USB stick for System Image

USB stick for System Image: I was just about to order a 256GB flash drive, when I took a look at the reviews. There are more than few complaints about them overheating, which causes (a) early total failure or (b) it disconnects before the end of a many-GB transfer. Sandisk seems to be one of the worst...
  7. Non-square images no longer show thumbnails in Small Icons or Details

in Windows 10 Support
    Non-square images no longer show thumbnails in Small Icons or Details: Perry Mason in the case of the missing small thumbnail icons... Non-square images no longer show thumbnails in Small Icons or Details. Although it might appear to you my text here is a copy of the below link to a post at "answers".Microsoft.com by David H, I can assure you it...
  8. Trying to Download "Windows 10 Disc Image ISO File" but it pops up with an Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Trying to Download "Windows 10 Disc Image ISO File" but it pops up with an Error: I've been trying for a couple of hours now to get the Windows 10 disc image ISO File for my MacOS El Captain 10.11.6 but it pops up with an error it says 715-123130 and Transaction ID after I select my Language and click confirm. Ive been trying to solve this problem for a...
  9. Cannot create system image error (0x80780166) status_wait_1 (0x8007000

Cannot create system image error (0x80780166) status_wait_1 (0x8007000: Hi!I have been trying to create a system image in my Windows 10 Home 64 bit OS and at the end of the backup I am getting error below windows backup encountered an error when writing data to the backup target. (0x80780166) Additional Information status_wait_1 (0x80070001)...
  10. Experiences with Macrium Image Guardian (MIG)

Experiences with Macrium Image Guardian (MIG): Paid versions of Macrium Reflect now have Macrium Image Guardian that only allows images to be modified by Macrium Reflect itself, preventing malware attacks. I have tested it a bit and have some comments other might find useful. 1) It protects all images including ones...