Windows 10: Re-imaging a new Hdd with System Image files on DVDs

Discus and support Re-imaging a new Hdd with System Image files on DVDs in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi. I am trying to load my apps and data onto a new hard drive from System Image I have on DVDs. However, I don't get the"Use the latest available... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AslanO, Oct 17, 2020.

1. AslanO Win User

Re-imaging a new Hdd with System Image files on DVDs

Hi. I am trying to load my apps and data onto a new hard drive from System Image I have on DVDs. However, I don't get the"Use the latest available system page" option but only "Select a system image" checked on "Select a system image backup" panel, although CD drive is available on all instructions on Google. If I insert the last cd and add a network location asks for a network password which I don't have . So I cannot re-image the hard drive. Any help is appreciated.

Re-imaging a new Hdd with System Image files on DVDs [​IMG]

:)

AslanO, Oct 17, 2020

2. HDD imaging - image as a file?

Hello

I have 3 HDDs but not all are available fully

-HDD1 500GB hdd , has XP , 150 GB unused space , formatting it is not an option currently
    -HDD2 640GB HDD, has XP , lots of used but unneeded space (films , game installs) , this one is actually to be formatted , ...more on that later
    -HDD3 160GB Hdd , has win7 64 , 100GB free space , used currently so no format possible here either.

I need to schuffle , a bit, there's a new PC coming and HDDs are mixed so , the old ones go to old PCs and installs need to be reinstalled again , but since there are ways to cut this work down , and there is nothing wrong with the current installs I rather use HDD image to make a backup copy of ENTIRE drive , so I can place that image onto a HDD that is used but has enogh free space

Is there a way to actually move HDD images like a file , around ? So I can image the HDD3 , move(like a file) the HDD3 win7 install to HDD1 , make an imgage of HDD2 Xp and burn it(useable and bootable) to the then empty HDD3 , and then make a new win7 install for the then empty HDD2 on the new pc.

Currently it's the new HDD being used on an old pc , it's just a lot of shifting around , since I took the old HDD for my self hehe.

RuskiSnajper, Oct 17, 2020
  3. HDD imaging - image as a file?

Thanks guys , now im fiddling with clonezilla i just found about it , really need some expertise on this , i'll try some of these you suggested in the meantime , hmm maybe i'll be able to do it with these since it's not something special or huge , just one image and a clone.

RuskiSnajper, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Re-imaging a new Hdd with System Image files on DVDs

[HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Re-imaging a new Hdd with System Image files on DVDs

1. Re-imaging a new Hdd with System Image files on DVDs - Similar Threads - imaging Hdd System

2. Restoring files with a system image on a new device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restoring files with a system image on a new device: Hello. I had to send off my device to be repaired by the manufacture and before I did I made a system image. Long story short they messed up and had to send me a new laptop instead of my original device.Now however I realise that because it's a different device, all be it the...
  3. Restoring files with a system image on a new device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring files with a system image on a new device: Hello. I had to send off my device to be repaired by the manufacture and before I did I made a system image. Long story short they messed up and had to send me a new laptop instead of my original device.Now however I realise that because it's a different device, all be it the...
  4. Restoring files with a system image on a new device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. System image file

System image file: I have created a system image file on a external hard disk, after completion of that i couldnt see my pre existing data on that drive external hard disk and it showing that hard disk capacity as 39 GB instead of 1 TB, Can anyone help me regarding this ??...
  6. Adding a disk image to a new HdD.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Adding a disk image to a new HdD.: I bought a 2 TB HdD to replace my old 117 GB HdD. I've done a disk image with Macrium Reflect on an external HdD. Will I be able to install that image to the 2TB HdD without any issues with Microsoft & use it? I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64B which is an upgrade from 7 Pro 64B....
  7. Restore system image to a smaller HDD

Restore system image to a smaller HDD: I want to restore my system to a new HDD The old drive is 2Tb and the new one is 1Tb. The data on the drive amounts to around 120Gb but the partition cannot be reduced below 937Gb and my new drive has only 931Gb usable space. I have the same problem trying to clone. I've...
  8. Re-Imaging and re-selling

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Re-Imaging and re-selling: Hi folks I'm trying to get my head around the different types of Windows licencing and am starting to go around in circles.. so I figure that I would just ask the question and see if anyone can help make things clearer. If I or a company were to buy a bunch of new / store...
  9. New to Macrium: System Image

New to Macrium: System Image: My setup: 256 GB SSD holding the C drive "Local Disc C" which includes my Programs among other usual files, 190 GB free of 223 GB. I have my Personal Folders (Documents, Pictures etc., Downloads, Searches etc.) on a 2 TB internal rotational drive D. Therefore these folders on...
  10. hdd to small for installing system image

hdd to small for installing system image: windows 10 system image on dvds On a 70gb sata hdd partition, I updated from windows 7 home premium 64bit to windows 10. In windows 10 I deleted the windows 7 files. After that, the windows 10 system size was about 20gb. I then created a system image on 2 dvds. Windows 10...