Windows 10: Re-install OEM version of W10 Home

Discus and support Re-install OEM version of W10 Home in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A few years back Dec 2015 I bought my laptop with an OEM version of W10 Home and Office Home but in the meantime I have done consulting work for two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JacquesBarnard2, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Re-install OEM version of W10 Home

A few years back Dec 2015 I bought my laptop with an OEM version of W10 Home and Office Home but in the meantime I have done consulting work for two different companies who each installed W10 Enterprise and Office365; I needed to integrate into their infrastructure. However, I now want to return to my original W10 Home. Is there a way of re-installing my original W10 Home seeing that I don't have any product key or other ID and about 4 years has transpired? My Microsoft account reflects the latest Enterprise version details.

:)

JacquesBarnard2, Sep 20, 2020

2. Question On OEM Windows clean install......

"Flavors" of Windows licenses

Windows can be a little "odd" about license keys. There are at least 4 categories:
    • Retail
    • OEM
    • Volume (electronic download)
    • Corporate (no key needed)
    For guaranteed success, the license key and media should be in the same category. If you have retail media, you may not be able to install it using an OEM or Volume license key, even though the key is valid for that version of Windows. *Wtf :wtf: Apparently, this is part of Microsoft's anti-piracy scheme (i.e., all customers are guilty until proven innocent).

Static~Charge, Sep 20, 2020
  3. OEM Version of MS Xp?

What exactly do i have to have to install a OEM Version of Microsoft Windows Xp on a Computer, And if i plan to build computers and sell them, Would i need the OEM version?

ArabTanksta, Sep 20, 2020
  4. Re-install OEM version of W10 Home

install oem license multiple time in just one pc

Not a problem reinstalling on Windows 10 OEM on the same machine.

OEM versions of Windows are identical to Full License Retail versions except for the following:

- OEM versions do not offer any free Microsoft direct support from Microsoft support personnel

- OEM licenses are tied to the very first computer you install and activate it on

- OEM versions allow all hardware upgrades except for an upgrade to a different model motherboard

- OEM versions cannot be used to directly upgrade from an older Windows operating system

you can perform a clean install, several ways:

Option 1:

Option 2:

Option 3:

Step 1: How to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Option 4:

How to Perform a Clean Install of Windows 10 with the Refresh Tool

Andre Da Costa, Sep 20, 2020
Thema:

Re-install OEM version of W10 Home

1. Re-install OEM version of W10 Home - Similar Threads - install OEM version

2. How to upgrade Windows 11 OEM home to a NON-OEM home or pro version?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to upgrade Windows 11 OEM home to a NON-OEM home or pro version?: How to upgrade Windows 11 OEM home to a NON-OEM home or pro version?We have to move over a Windows 11 OEM home version to another motherboard PC, the first MoBo has defects and has to be exchanged.We understood that a NON OEM version can be transferred to another motherboard...
  3. How to upgrade Windows 11 OEM home to a NON-OEM home or pro version?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to upgrade Windows 11 OEM home to a NON-OEM home or pro version?: How to upgrade Windows 11 OEM home to a NON-OEM home or pro version?We have to move over a Windows 11 OEM home version to another motherboard PC, the first MoBo has defects and has to be exchanged.We understood that a NON OEM version can be transferred to another motherboard...
  4. replace motherboard and re-install W10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    replace motherboard and re-install W10: Hi All, Excuse the repetition of questions. I seem to go word blind looking at the permutations to same questions. Very basically I am replacing my Motherboard for the same as the one that decided it didn't want to play anymore and just transferring the CPU to that new...
  5. Using an OEM version of W10 to operate a new computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Using an OEM version of W10 to operate a new computer: I have a computer that died because off a system board issue. I want to replace that computer with a new computer same model brand My questions is : can i buy a new computer without an operating system and use the ssd that i had windows 10 on originally an oem version to use...
  6. Windows 10 Home OEM install

Windows 10 Home OEM install: Hey, I had something strange occur with an install today, and hoping someone can help me. I have a laptop that had Win 10 Ent installed. Using Windows 10 Home install media I booted into the install, deletyed all previous partitions from the previous Windows 10 Ent...
  7. Reclaiming Apps for re-install after re-install W10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reclaiming Apps for re-install after re-install W10: I've been digging through many fora for this obvious issue...cannot find. Once I wipe out all the apps and data by a Re-install / Clean Install: I got the data backed up, but there was backup of the apps. How do I get the paid ones back? Surely not >Store...
  8. Re-Installing W10

Re-Installing W10: Hi, HP desktop. I upgraded from W7 Pro to W10 Pro. I do not have W7 product key. I would like to fresh install W10 Pro because my PC has so much junk. I will use a W10 ISO file downloaded from the web. Will I be asked for a key when re-installing W10.....? Thank...
  9. Install W10 Home OEM on to two drives - is it allowed?

Install W10 Home OEM on to two drives - is it allowed?: I have a W10 Home OEM DVD, and used it to install this OS on to an SSD. Unfortunately, I'm having some trouble with this SSD, so I bought another one. It's the same capacity, but made by a different manufacturer. Can I install the OEM OS on to the new drive OK? Or will MS...
  10. Clean W10 install on an OEM W10 machine

Clean W10 install on an OEM W10 machine: My new Dell Inspiron laptop should arrive this coming Monday. I've been doing some research on doing a clean install. I read where MS won't activate a fresh install over an OEM key. So my Dell with OEM W10 will be activated as such and if I understand correctly if I download...