Windows 10: re-install of 10 directly or need to put in 8 first?

Discus and support re-install of 10 directly or need to put in 8 first? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Son brought home dell inspiron 15 3521 from office with non booting disk. It was licensed for 8 and had the upgrade to 10. This was a "pool" system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Joseph Stateson, Mar 18, 2020.

1. re-install of 10 directly or need to put in 8 first?

Son brought home dell inspiron 15 3521 from office with non booting disk. It was licensed for 8 and had the upgrade to 10. This was a "pool" system and no one know the history such as the Microsoft account it was used under to activate.

I assume it has a digital license.

I have your MCT and am guessing that windows 10x64 pro was on it. Can I use my ISO image to "restore" 10 pro and get it activated automatically?

I tried the dell recover tool but it said there was no image available for the service tag and I have not heard back from Dell yet.

I have win 8 and know where to find the dell oem 8 serial number. Was hoping to avoid upgrading 8 to 10.

thanks for looking.

:)

Joseph Stateson, Mar 18, 2020
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 18, 2020
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Mar 18, 2020
  4. re-install of 10 directly or need to put in 8 first?

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

re-install of 10 directly or need to put in 8 first?

1. re-install of 10 directly or need to put in 8 first? - Similar Threads - install directly need

2. re-direct folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    re-direct folders: My software uses a lot of addons and stores & reads this data from a document folder in user/docs on my C drive. This is doc folder is now getting rather large and takes up a lot of space on my C drive. I would like to transfer that document folder from my C drive to my D...
  3. re-direct folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    re-direct folders: My software uses a lot of addons and stores & reads this data from a document folder in user/docs on my C drive. This is doc folder is now getting rather large and takes up a lot of space on my C drive. I would like to transfer that document folder from my C drive to my D...
  4. Folder Re-Direction

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Re-Direction: Dear ExpertsGood day. Hope my message finds you well. I have an issue with a redirection policy :My company used the folder re-direction policy to move the documents from Local user profile to a server path \\server\%userprofile%\Documents.In the policy settings the Option...
  5. Folder Re-Direction

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder Re-Direction: Dear ExpertsGood day. Hope my message finds you well. I have an issue with a redirection policy :My company used the folder re-direction policy to move the documents from Local user profile to a server path \\server\%userprofile%\Documents.In the policy settings the Option...
  6. Folder Re-Direction

7. MDT to re-install OS directly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MDT to re-install OS directly: Dear All, We have MDT ready and running smoothly, there is no problem to install OS via network PXE boot option. However, we came across an issue to re-install OS via Litetouch vbs as mentioned at...
  8. Re installing Windows 8

Re installing Windows 8: How can I re install Windows 8 after upgrading my PC to Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-installing-windows-8/1a8e1418-6665-45ae-8da7-6373c130dd24
  9. Photoshop 8 Re-Installation

Photoshop 8 Re-Installation: Just installed a new printer and PS 8 refused to see it, only the old one so I uninstalled it, to reinstall from disk. When I open disk it runs setup but then keeps trying to remove old software which is already uninstalled. Anybody know how to reinstall this? I did reg clean...
  10. how to install 10 upgrade directly from 8

how to install 10 upgrade directly from 8: Trying to upgrade Lenovo AIO from Windows 8 to Windows 10. Could only get 8 to 8.1 Started that update which hung at 82% Now reverted back to 8 Error 0xC1900101 Have done a lot of upgrades but never from 8 to 10. Pete 25586