Windows 10: re-install of 10 directly or need to put in 8 first?

Discus and support re-install of 10 directly or need to put in 8 first? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Son brought home dell inspiron 15 3521 from office with non booting disk. It was licensed for 8 and had the upgrade to 10. This was a "pool" system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Joseph Stateson, Mar 18, 2020.

1. re-install of 10 directly or need to put in 8 first?

Son brought home dell inspiron 15 3521 from office with non booting disk. It was licensed for 8 and had the upgrade to 10. This was a "pool" system and no one know the history such as the Microsoft account it was used under to activate.

I assume it has a digital license.

I have your MCT and am guessing that windows 10x64 pro was on it. Can I use my ISO image to "restore" 10 pro and get it activated automatically?

I tried the dell recover tool but it said there was no image available for the service tag and I have not heard back from Dell yet.

I have win 8 and know where to find the dell oem 8 serial number. Was hoping to avoid upgrading 8 to 10.

thanks for looking.

:)

Joseph Stateson, Mar 18, 2020
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 18, 2020
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Mar 18, 2020
  4. re-install of 10 directly or need to put in 8 first?

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

re-install of 10 directly or need to put in 8 first?

1. re-install of 10 directly or need to put in 8 first? - Similar Threads - install directly need

2. need to re-install window media player (10)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    need to re-install window media player (10): need to re-install window media player (10),tks for your help Emile *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Merci https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-re-install-window-media-player-10/c6e17ddd-09f9-4104-9c6a-31666b64ae58
  3. Need help after re-install?

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help after re-install?: I had a bad experience with Macrium Reflect when trying to load a saved image ..... Anyway, I re-installed Windows (fresh install) and all is well, except I failed to backup one desktop photo for my dual display. My problem is that the photo in question is my favourite ....
  4. Clicked Links Re-Directing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Clicked Links Re-Directing: Hi, whenever I click a link in web page which is set to open in a new tab, the page, I am expecting In this case Vonage, does not open but it re-directs to this page...
  5. Re installing Windows 8

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re installing Windows 8: How can I re install Windows 8 after upgrading my PC to Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-installing-windows-8/1a8e1418-6665-45ae-8da7-6373c130dd24
  6. Photoshop 8 Re-Installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photoshop 8 Re-Installation: Just installed a new printer and PS 8 refused to see it, only the old one so I uninstalled it, to reinstall from disk. When I open disk it runs setup but then keeps trying to remove old software which is already uninstalled. Anybody know how to reinstall this? I did reg clean...
  7. how to install 10 upgrade directly from 8

how to install 10 upgrade directly from 8: Trying to upgrade Lenovo AIO from Windows 8 to Windows 10. Could only get 8 to 8.1 Started that update which hung at 82% Now reverted back to 8 Error 0xC1900101 Have done a lot of upgrades but never from 8 to 10. Pete 25586
  8. Re-install Win 8 from Recovery MicroSD

Re-install Win 8 from Recovery MicroSD: Hi Everyone! I really tried to like Win 10, but the mail not syncing, the virtual keyboard resetting all the time, not having Cortana or offline map in my region, oh and of course all the various BSODs made me give up after a month. It has promise, it may become a great...
  9. Clean Install Windows 10 Directly without having to Upgrade First

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clean Install Windows 10 Directly without having to Upgrade First: How to: Clean Install Windows 10 Directly without having to Upgrade First How to Directly Clean Install Windows 10 without having to Upgrade First [img] Information By default to get the clean install Windows 10 on the PC anytime, and have Windows 10 automatically...
  10. Need Direction re. where to discuss my W10 problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Need Direction re. where to discuss my W10 problems: I have encountered several problems re. upgrade to W10. 1) Cannot get Chrome to function at all, which was my preferred browser before W10 (using Win7 and upgrade to 8.1). 2) Edge seems incompatible with Lastpass. So it is inconvenient to look up passwords all the time...