Windows 10: Re-install unable to activate Windows.

Discus and support Re-install unable to activate Windows. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have been using my laptop since 2013 when it was Windows 8.0 home. I upgraded to Windows 8.0 Pro and when 10 came along, I upgraded. Due to a virus,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RichardTimbo, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Re-install unable to activate Windows.

I have been using my laptop since 2013 when it was Windows 8.0 home. I upgraded to Windows 8.0 Pro and when 10 came along, I upgraded. Due to a virus, I reformatted my drive and went to another OS for a while and Windows 10 Pro with no issues. I have actually installed 10 pro in the past on my laptop and it would activate each time with a digital license. Recently I formatted the entire drive and installed Windows 10 Pro back on, expecting the digital license to activate - which it didn't.

When I try to activate, it will tell me "We can't activate Windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital license or product key. If you think you do have a valid license or key, select Troubleshoot below. Error 0xC004c003." Looking at the product key, it is a key for another desktop that I own which the motherboard had previously quit working.

When I select Change Product Key and enter the correct product key for the laptop, I receive the following: "Unable to activate Windows. Windows can't activate with this product key. Go to Settings for more information. (0x803f8001)" Both licenses are a retail product key.

I called the number suggested to activate the license. After waiting forever on hold, the agent told me that there was an ongoing issue with activation that Microsoft was working on and that I should wait. The other OS is looking kind of good right now since there is no problems with activation and it uses less system resources. Should I wait or continue on with Windows 10 as a vm?

:)

RichardTimbo, Nov 8, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 8, 2018
  3. Unable to Activate Win 8

I got Win 8 isntalled on my file server, but I am unable to activate it with the key. Says the key is invalid. Since I work at microsoft I got a retail version from the employee store. I have been doing some reading, and to be able to activate Win8 with the key there needs to be a previous version of Windows installed for it to work. WTF, so you can't do clean installs?

And the box says nothing about Upgrade version. Straight Windows 8 Pro.

MxPhenom 216, Nov 8, 2018
  4. Harry9001 Win User

Re-install unable to activate Windows.

Unable to install any OS

Hi guys, I'm unable to install any OS. I tried ubuntu and got input/output error, tried installing window 7 error 0x80000010.

Downloaded iso's of both again and again still same result. Got a new SSD still the same, tried a different usb still the same.

I'm fed up, have been trying since the past 1 month still am unable to install.
    I've listed my specs in my profile.

PS Have even tried/changed my ram.
    Where the pug is the problem ?

I have been using live usb to work on computer for now but I need a permanent OS.

Harry9001, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

Re-install unable to activate Windows.

1. Re-install unable to activate Windows. - Similar Threads - install unable activate

2. Unable to Activate Windows 11 after OS Re-install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Activate Windows 11 after OS Re-install: Howdy everyone!I recently had a lot of trouble with Windows updates not completing and several applications that were consistently crashing. Things reached a point where I wanted to reset the OS. I figured resetting the OS would solve the problem; however, it would not let me...
  3. Unable to Activate Windows 11 after OS Re-install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Activate Windows 11 after OS Re-install: Howdy everyone!I recently had a lot of trouble with Windows updates not completing and several applications that were consistently crashing. Things reached a point where I wanted to reset the OS. I figured resetting the OS would solve the problem; however, it would not let me...
  4. Unable to re-activate windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to re-activate windows: A few years ago, I bought a computer with pre-installed windows. The license was linked to my Microsoft account, and when I got a new motherboard last year, I was able to use the same license with that motherboard. I just bought a new one again, but now I cannot re-activate...
  5. Unable to re-activate windows

Unable to re-activate windows: A few years ago, I bought a computer with pre-installed windows. The license was linked to my Microsoft account, and when I got a new motherboard last year, I was able to use the same license with that motherboard. I just bought a new one again, but now I cannot re-activate...
  6. Unable to re-activate windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. Unable to activate Windows after re-installing

Unable to activate Windows after re-installing: Hi,I'm having some activation issues.Some back story first to explain the issue:I had Windows 7, did the free upgrade to Windows 10 - never linked it to a Microsoft account, set a PIN locally and a password, this was before the 1803 release, so no security questions.I decided...
  8. Unable to activate Windows after re-installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to activate Windows after re-installing: Hi,I'm having some activation issues.Some back story first to explain the issue:I had Windows 7, did the free upgrade to Windows 10 - never linked it to a Microsoft account, set a PIN locally and a password, this was before the 1803 release, so no security questions.I decided...
  9. Unable to activate Windows after re-installing

10. Re-activation and re-licencing pre- installed windows.

Re-activation and re-licencing pre- installed windows.: My laptop has a pre installed windows 10 home on hard drive. Now I want to upgrade that to new ssd and want to do clean installation, so if I do that and in any case windows failed to recognise my laptop what should I do then ?...