Windows 10: Re-install Windows 10 on new HDD

Discus and support Re-install Windows 10 on new HDD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been using my laptop for 4 years now with pre-install of Windows 10 on it. Few weeks back, its HDD had crunchy sound, and that's when I knew it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by chrisv3_619, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Re-install Windows 10 on new HDD

I have been using my laptop for 4 years now with pre-install of Windows 10 on it. Few weeks back, its HDD had crunchy sound, and that's when I knew it is broken. I bought brand new HDD and installed it into my laptop. But now my biggest concern is install Window 10. I'm not a tech person, so this fixing has been stressing me out.

How do I know what Edition of Windows it was in the old one? Do I need to buy a new Windows 10 for the product keys? Can I recover Windows 10 from my old HDD if possible

:)

chrisv3_619, Dec 20, 2018
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Dec 20, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 20, 2018
  4. r.h.p Win User

Re-install Windows 10 on new HDD

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

Re-install Windows 10 on new HDD

1. Re-install Windows 10 on new HDD - Similar Threads - install HDD

2. SSD & HDD installed drives not visible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD & HDD installed drives not visible: Hi All,SSD & HDD installed drives not visible after checked windows update and re-plugged wifi usb. and my microsoftware is Windows Feature Experience Pack. please suggest me how to get SSD & HDD back. and after clicked on shutdown it is taking more than 2 to 3min to getting...
  3. SSD & HDD installed drives not visible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD & HDD installed drives not visible: Hi All,SSD & HDD installed drives not visible after checked windows update and re-plugged wifi usb. and my microsoftware is Windows Feature Experience Pack. please suggest me how to get SSD & HDD back. and after clicked on shutdown it is taking more than 2 to 3min to getting...
  4. SSD & HDD installed drives not visible

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. A device which does not exist was specified while installing new 2tb HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A device which does not exist was specified while installing new 2tb HDD: Also the button for new volume is greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-device-which-does-not-exist-was-specified-while/c57a9fb0-e122-485f-824a-1e1ff798e256
  6. A device which does not exist was specified while installing new 2tb HDD

A device which does not exist was specified while installing new 2tb HDD: Also the button for new volume is greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-device-which-does-not-exist-was-specified-while/c57a9fb0-e122-485f-824a-1e1ff798e256
  7. A device which does not exist was specified while installing new 2tb HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Windows 11 clean install from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 clean install from HDD to SSD: I'm trying to completely wipe everything off my computer and reinstall Windows 11 from scratch. I built my computer around two years ago and installed the Windows 11 OS onto a 2TB HDD but now have a 2TB SSD and want to install it there and swap out the 2TB HDD for an 8TB HDD....
  9. Windows 11 clean install from HDD to SSD

Windows 11 clean install from HDD to SSD: I'm trying to completely wipe everything off my computer and reinstall Windows 11 from scratch. I built my computer around two years ago and installed the Windows 11 OS onto a 2TB HDD but now have a 2TB SSD and want to install it there and swap out the 2TB HDD for an 8TB HDD....
  10. I changed mobo/RAM/CPU. Original install was on HDD. I reinstalled to SSD. Cannot reactive...

I changed mobo/RAM/CPU. Original install was on HDD. I reinstalled to SSD. Cannot reactive...: Hello!I upgraded my mobo/CPU/RAM from AM3+/DDR4 to AM4/DDR5.I have initially installed windows 8.1, which I had upgraded to windows 10 home. This was installed to my hard drive, and that installation is still present as I go about backing up data before formatting it.Instead...