Windows 10: Re-install Windows 10

Discus and support Re-install Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; During initial boot, while at the Windows logo screen with the circling dots, I receive the following message.... "Your PC ran into a problem and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jeffery Cameron, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Re-install Windows 10

During initial boot, while at the Windows logo screen with the circling dots, I receive the following message....

"Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you."

An includes the following additional information....,

"If you would like to know more, you can search online later for this error: 0xc0000142".

I think this started after a Microsoft update.

The computer is in an infinite loop of restarting, getting to the Windows logo screen with the circling dots, then displaying the error message, then re-starting.

The computer was originally a Windows 8.0 system, upgraded to Windows 8.1, then finally upgraded to Windows 10 (I think in 2015) during the free upgrade program. The computer had been running great until the recent Windows update (approximately 3 weeks back).

I have let the computer go through the fail cycle overnight just to see if something would change.

I have tried shutting the computer down at the Windows logo screen with the circling dots, 3 times (before the error message occurred).

I have downloaded the Microsoft "Windows Media Creation Tool" and attempted all of the options, including using many commands in the command prompt option.

I am now to the point of attempting to re-install Windows 10 from the "Windows Media Creation Tool".

When I get to the point of selecting a drive on which to install Windows 10, I get the following message....

"Windows can't be installed on Drive (drive number), Partition (partition number) (show details)".

The "details" message is...

"Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk has an MBR partition table. On EFI systems, Windows can only be installed to GPT disks."

My question......

Windows 10 has been on this computer since the free upgrade. Windows 10 has been running well for years. Why is it now that Windows 10 cannot be installed on this computer?

How do I get Windows 10 re-installed to this computer"

Thanks in advance and best regards.

:)

Jeffery Cameron, Jan 1, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 1, 2019
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jan 1, 2019
  4. CK011885 Win User

Re-install Windows 10

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

Re-install Windows 10

1. Re-install Windows 10 - Similar Threads - install

2. i can't install HEVC video extension from microsoft store after purchased it.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    i can't install HEVC video extension from microsoft store after purchased it.: i want to play my mobile phone's video maybe h265 i think in my windows 10 but it doesnt work, so i decided to buy codec HEVC video extension from the store but after purchased it, it cant be install for some reason....
  3. i can't install HEVC video extension from microsoft store after purchased it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can't install HEVC video extension from microsoft store after purchased it.: i want to play my mobile phone's video maybe h265 i think in my windows 10 but it doesnt work, so i decided to buy codec HEVC video extension from the store but after purchased it, it cant be install for some reason....
  4. i can't install HEVC video extension from microsoft store after purchased it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to install Windows 11 on an iMac without Bootcamp?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install Windows 11 on an iMac without Bootcamp?: So, I really want to install Windows 11 on an iMac without Bootcamp. I downloaded the application "Windows11InstallationAssistant.exe" from the website: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows11 . When I try to open this application, I get the message "You...
  6. How to install Windows 11 on an iMac without Bootcamp?

How to install Windows 11 on an iMac without Bootcamp?: So, I really want to install Windows 11 on an iMac without Bootcamp. I downloaded the application "Windows11InstallationAssistant.exe" from the website: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows11 . When I try to open this application, I get the message "You...
  7. Update is not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update is not installing: Hello,I am trying to download and install this update but everytime I tried, I get and error message saying it could not be downloaded.2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5034441Does anyone has a solution or knows if this is a critical...
  8. Update is not installing

Update is not installing: Hello,I am trying to download and install this update but everytime I tried, I get and error message saying it could not be downloaded.2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5034441Does anyone has a solution or knows if this is a critical...
  9. Update is not installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. After installing Windows, my laptop's battery suddenly decreases in capacity

After installing Windows, my laptop's battery suddenly decreases in capacity: Hello, I have an Asus TUF Gaming FX505DT laptop with Windows 10. I have used it for about 7 months since I started university, before I didn't use it much, I have had it for about 3 years with sporadic use. A few days ago I had the need to install an Android emulator, so I...