Windows 10: Re-installation of Microsoft 365 Office resulted in external hard drives not being...

Discus and support Re-installation of Microsoft 365 Office resulted in external hard drives not being... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My computer was running slowly especially Outlook which was taking forever to "synchronize folders" so I decided to uninstall and then re-install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JohnDoman1, May 23, 2020.

1. Re-installation of Microsoft 365 Office resulted in external hard drives not being...

My computer was running slowly especially Outlook which was taking forever to "synchronize folders" so I decided to uninstall and then re-install Microsoft 365. However, then the 4 external hard drives I have were not "recognized" by the computer. After trying various techniques to get the hard drives to be recognized I followed a suggestion on YouTube to assign letters to each hard drive. After doing this, my hard drives now show "New Volume" and appear to be clean showing 100% of each hard drive capacity as available. I fear somehow the contents of my hard drives were removed do to this action. All suggestions welcome. Thanks!

:)

JohnDoman1, May 23, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, May 23, 2020
  3. office 365 vs office 2013

my Microsoft surface came with 1 month trial of ms office 365 , now it's expired.now I wanna know if I she subscribe to office 365 or uninstall it & install office 2013. what's the difference between both?

freebird_9924, May 23, 2020
  4. RCoon Win User

Re-installation of Microsoft 365 Office resulted in external hard drives not being...

office 365 vs office 2013

They are the same, 365 has less money making schemes, but dumps everything on the cloud.
    365 is online, 2013 is 100% offline.
    Also 365 will cost more in the longrun, especially if you dont upgrade for 3 years.

RCoon, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Re-installation of Microsoft 365 Office resulted in external hard drives not being...

1. Re-installation of Microsoft 365 Office resulted in external hard drives not being... - Similar Threads - installation Microsoft 365

2. External hard drive not being recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External hard drive not being recognized: MYBook external hard drive is not being recognized by my PC. What can I do? The power light is on but nothing comes up and I can't open it up to see data. I have tried numerous things....full of memories and pictures. Please help...
  3. External hard drive not being recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External hard drive not being recognized: MYBook external hard drive is not being recognized by my PC. What can I do? The power light is on but nothing comes up and I can't open it up to see data. I have tried numerous things....full of memories and pictures. Please help...
  4. External Hard Drive Stopped Being Detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Hard Drive Stopped Being Detected: Hi,Yesterday one of my hard drives stopped being detected. Restarting the PC didn't fix it. This is all the info I've gathered so far about the issue: Not an issue with the USB port that the drive is normally plugged into. I've plugged it into other ports - nothing. I've...
  5. External Hard Drive Stopped Being Detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Hard Drive Stopped Being Detected: Hi,Yesterday one of my hard drives stopped being detected. Restarting the PC didn't fix it. This is all the info I've gathered so far about the issue: Not an issue with the USB port that the drive is normally plugged into. I've plugged it into other ports - nothing. I've...
  6. Install Microsoft Office 365

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Microsoft Office 365: I have access to Office 365 online and would like to have access to that suite of programs offline. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-microsoft-office-365/c033bfd3-1489-4ba0-9fe4-1c45037b8d53
  7. external hard drive not being picked up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external hard drive not being picked up: external hard drive not being picked up on new surface laptop 3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive-not-being-picked-up/9807955d-31aa-42ae-a953-b2e7b80a5e36
  8. new install of Office 2013 results in Office 365 prompts

in Microsoft Office and 365
    new install of Office 2013 results in Office 365 prompts: So my wife got this new Lenovo Yoga laptop, Windows 10 Home. It had the usual bloatware installed, including Office 365. I installed Office 2013 and expected it to ask for a product key. Instead, a prompt for Office 365 came up, telling me that I had a 3 day free trial. I...
  9. External hard drive installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External hard drive installation: I am using Windows 10 and am trying to get my computer recognize my external hard drive via a USB port. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive-installation/5fbf5c54-03af-4c0a-95aa-c2d0f473c5ec
  10. Office 365 - how to install on a different hard drive

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 - how to install on a different hard drive: Okay experts, does anyone have a way of installing office 365 on any drive except drive C, the boot drive? I want to install it on my D drive, which is a mechanical drive, to save space on my C drive, which is an NVMe Samsung 960 EVO M.2 - 500 GB drive. Thanks 118483