Windows 10: re installation of notepad

Discus and support re installation of notepad in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; 2 weeks ago i reset my pc. after that notepad is not exist in my pc, it got automatically deleted. And i tried to download all new windows notepad from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kunalpandey1, Jul 19, 2020.

1. re installation of notepad

2 weeks ago i reset my pc. after that notepad is not exist in my pc, it got automatically deleted. And i tried to download all new windows notepad from store.but it not fulfills my system requirements.so can anyone tell me how to re install in build notepad version.

:)

kunalpandey1, Jul 19, 2020

2. Notepad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Task Manager. Here’s a tip: press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
    • Click on Startup tab.
    • Select Notepad from the list and click on Disable.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us
    for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 19, 2020
  3. JCabebe Win User
    Notepad

I followed your suggestion but wasn't able to find Notepad listed on the startup. There are some listed as program but don't know which ones it could be.

JCabebe, Jul 19, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

re installation of notepad

Notepad consuming cpu 40%

Your screenshot of Task Manager and the notepad.exe properties shows the same size and creation date as in @dalchina's earlier screenshot. So it looks like it is the real notepad that's running.

But - it isn't running the way it should. In your Task Manager there should be a > to the left of notepad, and clicking on it should open up a list of the Notepad instances that are running, along with the name of the document that's open (or 'Untitled - Notepad' if none).

Yours doesn't show that (compare it with dalchina's screenshot). Notepad is running - yes, but not the way it's supposed to. It appears to be in the list of background processes, not in the list of Apps where it should be. Could something be trying to run it as a service? Perhaps some malware set this up, but failed to replace the genuine notepad.exe with its counterfeit one?

As a first step I'd look at the Startup tab in Task Manager for clues.

Thema:

re installation of notepad

1. re installation of notepad - Similar Threads - installation notepad

2. problem when installing the classic notepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem when installing the classic notepad: Hello and Welcome. I have installed classic notepad in windows11 from settings>apps>additional features. Now, when I uninstall New Notepad to use the Classic one, the option Text Document in New submenu does not appear in the context menu. What is the solution? Windows11 pro,...
  3. problem when installing the classic notepad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem when installing the classic notepad: Hello and Welcome. I have installed classic notepad in windows11 from settings>apps>additional features. Now, when I uninstall New Notepad to use the Classic one, the option Text Document in New submenu does not appear in the context menu. What is the solution? Windows11 pro,...
  4. l cant install notepad from microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    l cant install notepad from microsoft store.: It won't open notepad on Windows 11. I was able to remove it to reinstall.Now l cant install notepad from microsoft store. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/l-cant-install-notepad-from-microsoft-store/f2b0dae8-a0a2-4f32-81f4-870aa5c1126a
  5. l cant install notepad from microsoft store.

l cant install notepad from microsoft store.: It won't open notepad on Windows 11. I was able to remove it to reinstall.Now l cant install notepad from microsoft store. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/l-cant-install-notepad-from-microsoft-store/f2b0dae8-a0a2-4f32-81f4-870aa5c1126a
  6. [Lenovo X13S-Arm64] Notepad cannot open when I install system by USB driver flash.

[Lenovo X13S-Arm64] Notepad cannot open when I install system by USB driver flash.: Hi everyone! I have a question about my ARN64 laptop. I made a bootable USB drive. The version is WIN 1122H2 Arm64. The Notepad app will not respond and it shows an error message: “The package failed updates, dependency or conflict validations”. I have to uninstall this...
  7. [Lenovo X13S-Arm64] Notepad cannot open when I install system by USB driver flash.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Lenovo X13S-Arm64] Notepad cannot open when I install system by USB driver flash.: Hi everyone! I have a question about my ARN64 laptop. I made a bootable USB drive. The version is WIN 1122H2 Arm64. The Notepad app will not respond and it shows an error message: “The package failed updates, dependency or conflict validations”. I have to uninstall this...
  8. Notepad can't find installed fonts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad can't find installed fonts?: I've been having an issue with Notepad since I upgraded to Windows 11 - Notepad can't seem to figure out that I've installed new fonts. When I first install the font, Notepad notices, and I can use it no problem. But if I restart my computer and try to open it again,...
  9. Notepad can't find installed fonts?

Notepad can't find installed fonts?: I've been having an issue with Notepad since I upgraded to Windows 11 - Notepad can't seem to figure out that I've installed new fonts. When I first install the font, Notepad notices, and I can use it no problem. But if I restart my computer and try to open it again,...
  10. Why am I having these stuff in my start menu? and many pre-installed apps like notepad,...

Why am I having these stuff in my start menu? and many pre-installed apps like notepad,...: I just upgraded my PC to Windows 11 and noticed that many apps were missing, so I scrolled through the start menu and I saw this stuff. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-having-these-stuff-in-my-start-menu-and/46ebf89f-2d47-4140-b615-bbeec98e9518