Windows 10: Re Installation of Windows 10

Discus and support Re Installation of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am about to install a solid state drive on my laptop. I would like to move/install Windows 10 on this SSD and boot up from this drive, but am unsure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DonHae, Sep 24, 2019.

1. DonHae Win User

Re Installation of Windows 10

I am about to install a solid state drive on my laptop.

I would like to move/install Windows 10 on this SSD and boot up from this drive, but am unsure of the process.

Can I legally download the latest version of Windows 10 onto the SSD and use the activation code I used before or will this not be allowed; or is there a way in which I could copy my existing OS onto the SSD .

Perhaps there is another option of which I am unaware.

Thank you

:)

DonHae, Sep 24, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 24, 2019
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Sep 24, 2019
  4. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Re Installation of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Installation

2. KB4517389 installed twice on my freshly installed Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4517389 installed twice on my freshly installed Windows 10: Hello, I have a Windows 10 Pro x64 freshly installed, and just noticed the update installed twice the same thing. In updates chronology, I have KB4517389 (2) yesterday, 15th October, and KB4517389 today 16th October. Is it normal?...
  3. While doing a repair installation I am encountering an error. Error code 0x800700C1 - 0x40003

While doing a repair installation I am encountering an error. Error code 0x800700C1 - 0x40003: Okay so my computer unexpectedly restarted on me and I ended up doing the usual chkdsk and sfc scannow to take care of any file corruption that had occurred. Chkdsk got some it but sfc scannow wasn't working and DISM didn't help no matter what I've tried. So I used the Media...
  4. windows installation in Mac

windows installation in Mac: Am I entitled to install windows 10 or edge in my Mac free of charge an existing office subscriber? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-installation-in-mac/0aa6af35-b694-4d34-a4fa-c689aeb4f8ac
  5. Windows 10 version 1903 failed to install

Windows 10 version 1903 failed to install: I keep getting a failure to install with Windows 10 1903. I the error message appears to be 0x80070005 and 0x80070643. I'm not sure what either of these mean or what the best way to get the installation to work....
  6. Install Windows 10 From Windows RE Tools Partition

Install Windows 10 From Windows RE Tools Partition: Hello, I would like to replace my Windows 10 partition with GNU/Linux. If I leave Windows RE Tools partition on the SSD, will I be able to do a full Windows 10 restore again, from that Windows RE Tools partition? Thanks....
  7. Having 2 Drives with Windows 10 Installed on each

Having 2 Drives with Windows 10 Installed on each: I've finally gotten around to ordering a custom built PC, and one of the main things I'm looking forward to is upgrading from my current Hard drive to a much faster solid state one. That being said though, I'm still planning on moving the hard drive to my new PC, since some...
  8. Can't Install Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803 x64 2019-10B

Can't Install Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803 x64 2019-10B: Hello. I'm trying to update my Windows 10 in an attempt to fix an ongoing error I've been having. It has been suggested that I make sure if there any updates available to download. I went to Windows update in settings and downloaded 10 to 15 different updates. However,...
  9. 1903 Installs fine new "scratch" install, so why not on real install

1903 Installs fine new "scratch" install, so why not on real install: For a special situation, I did a "scratch" install of Windows 10 1903, apart from my "production" install. The scratch install worked fine, no issues with unknown devices, no other issues apparent. So why am I getting this message on my Lenovo T560 laptop, which is about two...
  10. updates from Dell for my pc is not installed

updates from Dell for my pc is not installed: Updates from Dell is not being installed on my Dell Inspiron. I just reinstalled windows 10 os. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updates-from-dell-for-my-pc-is-not-installed/4e608b18-469a-4d31-8e32-84e0a4d44b86