Windows 10: Re-installed Windows 10 and now require new license.

Discus and support Re-installed Windows 10 and now require new license. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; When Windows 10 launched, there was as offer of a free download for the first however many subscribers. I downloaded Windows 10 for free and had it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Mark Smith Rugby UK, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Re-installed Windows 10 and now require new license.

When Windows 10 launched, there was as offer of a free download for the first however many subscribers. I downloaded Windows 10 for free and had it running on my Toshiba Laptop. Subsequently, I bought a Surface Pro 3 and have been using that for many years now. I have taken my old Toshiba machine out of mothballs for my daughter to use. I was disappointed to find that it would not start Windows 10 any more. So, I have made a USB recovery drive from another computer and used it to reinstall Windows 10 on the Toshiba. The reinstallation has worked well but now it tells me that it has to be activated. Having had a free but legal copy of Windows 10 on the machine previously, it seems rather unfair and plain daft to have to buy a license to run Windows 10 on it now - simply because something went wrong with the previous version.

:)

Mark Smith Rugby UK, Apr 23, 2019
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Apr 23, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 23, 2019
  4. r.h.p Win User

Re-installed Windows 10 and now require new license.

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Apr 23, 2019
Thema:

Re-installed Windows 10 and now require new license.

1. Re-installed Windows 10 and now require new license. - Similar Threads - installed require license

2. Is a new license required?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is a new license required?: For Christmas I will be replacing the Motherboard, CPU, and RAM. Will I need to purchase a new license for Windows 11 after the upgrade is complete? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-a-new-license-required/a04e927b-342d-473c-a8c2-0237c43a2d14
  3. Is a new license required?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is a new license required?: For Christmas I will be replacing the Motherboard, CPU, and RAM. Will I need to purchase a new license for Windows 11 after the upgrade is complete? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-a-new-license-required/a04e927b-342d-473c-a8c2-0237c43a2d14
  4. Requirements for a clean re-install of windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Requirements for a clean re-install of windows 10.: Hello,I am having trouble with Windows 10. 1 I can not download apps from the windows store.2 When i try to click on "restore" under Settings -> "Security & Update" the menu crashes. So far none of the guides online was able to resolve the issue. Hence, it seems like my last...
  5. Requirements for a clean re-install of windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Requirements for a clean re-install of windows 10.: Hello,I am having trouble with Windows 10. 1 I can not download apps from the windows store.2 When i try to click on "restore" under Settings -> "Security & Update" the menu crashes. So far none of the guides online was able to resolve the issue. Hence, it seems like my last...
  6. Requirements for a clean re-install of windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 re-installing new installation

Windows 10 re-installing new installation: Hi there, Good day, I am new here and have problem with my acer aspire v5-551 laptop. I bought the later at suny euro in belgium, sometimes around 2015 and 2016, it comes with windows 8 home. Then I upgrade to 8.1 and when 10 was released i also upgraded to the new...
  8. Windows License on re-installing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows License on re-installing: My PC is seriously messed up. Don't bother asking me the specifics-It's just too painful I can't even open my settings So I have decided to nuke the hard drive and do a clean install. My question is: What happens to my license key? Do I have to buy another one? I did not buy...
  9. Windows 10 re-install and license questions

Windows 10 re-install and license questions: I have an Asus laptop I bought that came preinstalled with Windows 10 Pro. In the settings, for activation it says "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account". What I am looking to do is install Windows 10 on different hardware that has a...
  10. New Installations Required for Windows 10

New Installations Required for Windows 10: I downloaded and now use Build 10074. Is there any requirement to download 10061 or 10122 Thanks 6268