Windows 10: Re-installing a game that I inadvertently un-installed

Discus and support Re-installing a game that I inadvertently un-installed in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I had the game, Hidden City, installed on my laptop (Windows 10) and I, inadvertently, un-installed it. I go to the Microsoft Store to re-install it... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by CarmonBlack, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Re-installing a game that I inadvertently un-installed

I had the game, Hidden City, installed on my laptop (Windows 10) and I, inadvertently, un-installed it. I go to the Microsoft Store to re-install it and press the install button. Then I select my laptop from the devices and click install. A message says Trying to install, but nothing happens.

Please help....I really like this game!

:)

CarmonBlack, Aug 14, 2019
  2. niko084 Win User

Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Aug 14, 2019
  3. Depth Win User
    Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Depth, Aug 14, 2019
  4. Re-installing a game that I inadvertently un-installed

installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

Re-installing a game that I inadvertently un-installed

1. Re-installing a game that I inadvertently un-installed - Similar Threads - installing game inadvertently

2. Steps recorder wont open, un installed an re install still not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steps recorder wont open, un installed an re install still not open: steps recorder wont open, un installed an re install still not open, Windows 10 pro, Also did sfc scannow and restarted not opening still* Moved from Community Center...
  3. Steps recorder wont open, un installed an re install still not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Steps recorder wont open, un installed an re install still not open: steps recorder wont open, un installed an re install still not open, Windows 10 pro, Also did sfc scannow and restarted not opening still* Moved from Community Center...
  4. Steps recorder wont open, un installed an re install still not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. how do i un-install games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i un-install games?: how do i uninstall games? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-un-install-games/05539f57-aae2-44e0-8c56-1568f4df65f0
  6. how do i un-install games?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i un-install games?: how do i uninstall games? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-un-install-games/05539f57-aae2-44e0-8c56-1568f4df65f0
  7. Re-Installing the Game

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re-Installing the Game: Hello, I've bought the game Forza Horizon 4 a couple month ago, but had to rebut my computer and now i'm trying to install the game again, but it just won't let me, and it doesn't even give me a reason neither does an error pop up, i click install, it goes to chose the disk...
  8. Un-install msfs 2020 and re-install

Un-install msfs 2020 and re-install: Hi I need to un-install this-I think the airbus A320 has an issue. Can you please advise how to remove it-I do not see it in my control panel add/ remove list. Once un-installed,can I re-install from my store,at the moment when I tied install...it goes to play . Many...
  9. Re-install app after un-plugging PC

Re-install app after un-plugging PC: I have recently un-plugged my CyberPower Gaming PC that is a couple of months old, I planned on moving it to a new location and when I plugged it back in, all of my video games I had installed prior to unplugging it notifies me that I must re-download all of my games. I...
  10. Windows 10/Windows 8.1 Un-installation and re-installation

Windows 10/Windows 8.1 Un-installation and re-installation: I have a desktop which runs on Windows 10 (Non OEM Version) and a laptop which runs on Windows 8.1 (Non OEM Version). I wish to interchange the OS between the desktop and the laptop. I have misplaced the media in which I received the installers. Let me know if (a) this is...