Windows 10: Re installing windows 10 from old laptop with windows 7

Discus and support Re installing windows 10 from old laptop with windows 7 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Help me with this question from a friend. He has an old HP G72 series laptop which came with windows7 . Like most people he upgraded to windows 10 but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sportflyer, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Re installing windows 10 from old laptop with windows 7

Help me with this question from a friend.

He has an old HP G72 series laptop which came with windows7 . Like most people he upgraded to windows 10 but did not like it and downgraded to windows 7 . Now he has a change of heart and wants to upgrade back to windows 10 but the free period is over. Is it truly over ? Can he re upgrade for free? He does have the Activation ID for the win 7 TKs

:)

sportflyer, Sep 15, 2018

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Sep 15, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Windows 10 to be Free Upgrade for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 Users

Ok what happens if I install Windows 10 on my old Windows 7 laptop and after a year I need to do a factory restore?

P4-630, Sep 15, 2018
  4. Re installing windows 10 from old laptop with windows 7

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Hi guys,
    Okay, so I wanted to know, I currently have a pc at home with a paid Windows 7 installed. I am getting a new computer either Friday or Monday with an SSD. Seeing as I want Windows 10 now and not 7 and I want it on my SSD how to I get to do this. I already downloaded a Windows 10 file in order to make one of my flash drives eligible for a windows 10 installation.

Will it be possible for me to just install windows 10 on the new SSD with this flash drive using my Windows 7 key, whilst my original windows 7 is still installed on the old Hard drive. And if it is how to I go about deleting my old OS from the HDD, seeing as I also want to use that HDD in my new pc, without formatting all the games I have on it currently?

Thank you in advance

MichaelDFF, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

Re installing windows 10 from old laptop with windows 7

1. Re installing windows 10 from old laptop with windows 7 - Similar Threads - installing old laptop

2. WINDOWS 7 installation from WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS 7 installation from WINDOWS 10: Hello, okay so, I wish to install Windows 7 in my Windows 10 laptop, but here is the thing: I had the ISO files before, but the laptop I currently have is ONLY included with that version of Windows. I tried installing it normally and dual booting but nothing worked. It tells...
  3. Transferring photo's from an old Windows phone to a Windows 7 laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring photo's from an old Windows phone to a Windows 7 laptop.: I have an old windows phone that I want to get photo's off of and transfer them onto my old Windows 7 laptop. How can I do this please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transferring-photos-from-an-old-windows-phone-to-a/a9fe7477-a271-4b48-bd85-894c93f6d7c5
  4. Transferring photo's from an old Windows phone to a Windows 7 laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring photo's from an old Windows phone to a Windows 7 laptop.: I have an old windows phone that I want to get photo's off of and transfer them onto my old Windows 7 laptop. How can I do this please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transferring-photos-from-an-old-windows-phone-to-a/a9fe7477-a271-4b48-bd85-894c93f6d7c5
  5. re: free upgrade from Windows 7 to windows 10

re: free upgrade from Windows 7 to windows 10: Please can anyone advise me , a single home user of a Dell Laptop that has had Windows 7 installed from new. As we know Windows 7 is coming to an end. I have seen and downloaded the free media Creation Tool 1909 . It appears to allow installation of a free installation of...
  6. Windows 10 install on windows 7 laptop

Windows 10 install on windows 7 laptop: I bought an hp pavilion dv6 - 1199eg. It came with no hdd. I had a wiped 320gb that I put in it. And ran the windows install tool to install windows10. Its starts to install then it says it's missing drivers. And wants me to locate them. But I dont have them. Not sure what to...
  7. Windows 10 installation on old laptops

Windows 10 installation on old laptops: Hi guys, I have two laptops wanted to upgrade to windows 10, so one of them is u41sv ASUS laptop, according to Microsoft get Windows 10 on the desktop taskbar, it can be upgrade, I talk to the ASUS support, and they told me that Windows 7 drivers do not work on Windows 10 and...
  8. Clean re installing Windows 7

Clean re installing Windows 7: Hi I have problems with one of my PC after the recent Windows 10 upgrade and having several issues occurring intermittently (can't browse internet. Internet / WiFi connection gets disconnected time to time) and prefer to reinstall Windows 7 on this PC until windows 10...
  9. upgrade from windows 7 to 10 re accounts

upgrade from windows 7 to 10 re accounts: My second computer is a Win 7 machine . Windows 10 upgrade is ready to install. I have several questions: a) Will windows 10 upgrade remember that I have a local account or I have to start from scratch ? b) If I choose a local account , would windows 10 remember my...
  10. Old Windows left after re-install

in Windows 10 Support
    Old Windows left after re-install: I had to reinstall Win10 Pro 64 after boot sector failure. I have been left with a Directory in my C drive containing a huge amount of Windows files etc named 'Windows.old' this contains the following directories, 'Program Files, Recovery (empty), Users and Windows. This...