Windows 10: Re-installing windows 10 on new NVMe SSD

Discus and support Re-installing windows 10 on new NVMe SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am about to upgrade my HP laptop with a NVMe SSD. My laptop came with pre-installed windows 10 Home Single language in HDD. I want to install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GAUTHAM KUMAR MOKA, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Re-installing windows 10 on new NVMe SSD

I am about to upgrade my HP laptop with a NVMe SSD. My laptop came with pre-installed windows 10 Home Single language in HDD.

I want to install windows 10 into NVMe SSD. I like to know the safest process involved to do so. I went trough some website suggesting to use third party software to clone the OS , do some changes in BIOS setting. Can I just make a recovery USB from recovery drive in windows and then boot the laptop and install OS in NVMe and format the C drive in HDD? OR is there any other way ?

:)

GAUTHAM KUMAR MOKA, Aug 3, 2020

2. NVME SSD

Tried this, and windows still didn't see the nvme ssd. It was a brand new nvme ssd right out of the box. Nothing works.

AdrianLucke72, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Windows refuses to install on NVME SSD (Samsung 960 EVO)

First, thanks everyone who copy-pasted the first relevant results they found in Google. I found those before I asked the question.

The solution that I got to work is as follows:

• Disable CSM / UEFI
    • Enable Secure Boot
    • Now the installer can access the NVME SSD
      • Format the drive
      • Restart the machine

• Enable CSM / UEFI

• Disable Secure Boot

• Proceed to installer and now Windows will allow you to install to the NVME SSD drive

MikeIsMike, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Re-installing windows 10 on new NVMe SSD

NVME SSD

I am having difficulty with installing Windows 10 on a 500gb WD m.2 2280 nvme ssd. I have a crosshair vii hero, AMD ryzen 7 2700x. The windows 10 1909 uefi usb drive has a basic unttend.xml in it, to help setup some settings during the install. I have
    followed every direction post i could find about installing windows 10 to a nvme drive, and i cant get Windows 10 to see the nvme ssd.

AdrianLucke72, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

Re-installing windows 10 on new NVMe SSD

1. Re-installing windows 10 on new NVMe SSD - Similar Threads - installing NVMe SSD

2. Windows won't install on my new nvme SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't install on my new nvme SSD: Recently bought a 1tb Samsung 970 evo plus m.2 SSD to free up the 2.5" SATA SSD I'd been using to give to someone else. I went to migrate the OS etc across to the m.2 ssd which raised an issue with sector sizes but was still able to clone using Casper 11 Software by Future...
  3. Cannot install Windows on new NVMe SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot install Windows on new NVMe SSD: Bought a new NVMe ssd Transcend TS256GMTE110S, inserted it in the motherboard, now here's where the problems began.In BIOS the ssd is shown like it should be:But when I want to format the drive during the setup this error pops up:Tried even using the Diskpart in cmd, but the...
  4. Cannot install Windows on new NVMe SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install Windows on new NVMe SSD: Bought a new NVMe ssd Transcend TS256GMTE110S, inserted it in the motherboard, now here's where the problems began.In BIOS the ssd is shown like it should be:But when I want to format the drive during the setup this error pops up:Tried even using the Diskpart in cmd, but the...
  5. Cannot install Windows on new NVMe SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows crashes after installing new nvme ssd.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows crashes after installing new nvme ssd.: So,Today i bought a nvme ssd from cex the uk version of gamestop to move my os onto and maybe some other games/files.After installing the ssd into my motherboard and booting up my pc i get a "Diagnosing your PC" screen. it doesnt give detail as to what the actual issue is...
  7. Installation of Windows on NVME SSD

Installation of Windows on NVME SSD: I have a Inspiron 5570 and need to install Windows 10 on NVME SSD disk. I managed to installed once however on booting was getting 2 options existing HDD & SSD. Screwed around wih BIOS so may not be correct. Renamed Windows on HDD as Windows_old so won't reboot with HDD....
  8. Can`t install Windows on new NVMe ssd

Can`t install Windows on new NVMe ssd: Hello everyone, I need the help of the community because I`m having issues on installing windows 10 on a new NVMe ssd. I now have an M.2 SATA drive as C: disk and I need to upgrade it, so i bought an Samsung 970 Evo. I tried to clone my C: drive on the new ssd using Aomei...
  9. New NVMe SSD not recognized by Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New NVMe SSD not recognized by Windows 10: Hi All, My new Lenovo laptop came with a WDC 250GB NVMe SSD and had a spare M.2 slot to which I added another WDC 500GB drive. Windows 10 Home Single Language edition came pre-installed in the first SSD. The BIOS is able to 'see' the second drive. See the boot menu image...
  10. Re-installing Windows 10 on a new SSD.

Re-installing Windows 10 on a new SSD.: My Windows 10 Pro version is 1809 and I haven't downloaded the 1903 feature update because I am thinking to change my hdd and buy a new ssd in a few days. I was thinking to do a fresh install of windows 10. So, if I download the MediaCreationTool and download windows 10 from...