Windows 10: Re-installing Windows 10

Discus and support Re-installing Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am thinking of doing a clean install of Windows 10. My computer had Windows 7 installed on it when I got it and I upgraded it to Windows 10 using a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GWnAtl, Jan 17, 2021.

1. GWnAtl Win User

Re-installing Windows 10

I am thinking of doing a clean install of Windows 10. My computer had Windows 7 installed on it when I got it and I upgraded it to Windows 10 using a link from Microsoft they were offering free upgrades to Windows 10 for a limited time so I don't actually have the Windows 10 software in my possession. I do, however, have an emergency recovery flash drive that I created at the instructions of Microsoft. Can I use that or do I have to purchase Windows 10 to do a clean install.

:)

GWnAtl, Jan 17, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 17, 2021
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jan 17, 2021
  4. CK011885 Win User

Re-installing Windows 10

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

Re-installing Windows 10

1. Re-installing Windows 10 - Similar Threads - installing

2. I am trying to install windows 10 to a pc I recently built, but this message shows after I...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I am trying to install windows 10 to a pc I recently built, but this message shows after I...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Usernamesaretaken111 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lsk9qj/i_am_trying_to_install_windows_10_to_a_pc_i/
  3. Windows 10 Installation size on SSD partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Installation size on SSD partition: I have a 256GB SSD divided into 2 partitions. One is for Win 10. My Win 10 is in a 65GB partition but only uses 35GB at any one time. Can I shrink that partition down and if so, by how much? Thanks! 174919
  4. Windows 10 installation from usb isn't working

Windows 10 installation from usb isn't working: I have a home made pc that had a HDD with windows on it. I wanted to switch to a SSD so it was faster, tried to do a clean instal only the new SSD in it the bios is set as it's was with the HDD instal. So I boot the usb with windows on it. Follow the steps until it shuts...
  5. Lowest resource tweaks for dual boot windows install

Lowest resource tweaks for dual boot windows install: I have a dual boot linux-windows setup and i main my linux build, and i only use the windows 10 install for 2 things; using the adobe suite and playing games. This got me wondering, since there is a lot I dont need & i dont care about how windows looks I would love for it to...
  6. Win10 Freezes during install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 Freezes during install: New build. Install of Win10 the first time went through and worked for 3 months then crashed continously. Formatted drive and reinstalled Win10 and seconds after signing in the system would just freeze. New hard drive try loading Win10 freezes during installation. Have...
  7. Windows 10 install appears to be frozen at 5%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 install appears to be frozen at 5%: A friend of mine clicked on something and almost fell victim to a phishing scam. I've been helping to make her laptop safe and their still seemed to be spyware on the laptop. Since it is a fairly new laptop with hardly and files to backup, I thought the easiest solution would...
  8. Can I install Windows 10 onto my new desktop PC?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I install Windows 10 onto my new desktop PC?: I just finished building my first dektop PC and I would like to install Windows 10 but I do not have acces to any other Windows Devices so how do I install Windows 10?...
  9. If I bought a ThinkPad with Windows 10 Pro, can I download the Windows 10 USB installer...

If I bought a ThinkPad with Windows 10 Pro, can I download the Windows 10 USB installer...: My issue is the image that came with the machine includes a McAfee anti-virus trial, but even if I wipe the device and set it up with Autopilot through Intune, it always installs this damn McAfee trial and then my policy has a conflict because we use Windows Defender. If I...
  10. Windows 10 automatically install mini game except user's action

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 automatically install mini game except user's action: Hi All, We faced a problem with Windows 10 game such as Candy Crush Saga, Farm Heroes Saga,... or app such as NetFlix, LinkedInforWindows. As normally, I have not installed these games, apps into my laptops. But when I audit these laptops, some laptops is notified...